Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Muppet Show in DCA similar to the Country Bear Jamboree?

I love Muppet*Vision 3D, but a lot of people don't go to watch it and I would hate to see the Muppets get kicked out of the park. Would anybody else love them to have an animatronic show with Muppets similar to the what the Country Bear Jamboree was? I mean if Disney has to take out Muppet*Vision 3D, which I do love, I would like them to add an animatronic show in the theater rather than demolish a rather beautiful Muppet theater!

Would anybody else like this if they decide to remove Muppet*Vision 3D?

• Selfie Expert

Re: A Muppet Show in DCA similar to the Country Bear Jamboree?

I rather enjoy the mix of the 3D movie with the animatronics as is. I know there are a lot of fans of Country Bear Jamboree (myself included), but I'm assuming it was removed due to low attendance. If that's the case, I doubt they'd want to build a similar Muppet-themed attraction to replace Muppet Vision - it would be combining two failed concepts into one.*

*Again, this is based on my assumption that CBJ was removed due to unpopularity, and that Muppet Vision would be removed for the same reason.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I wouldn't say this would be a bad idea. The problem with the Muppets attraction as far as I see it, is that nothing in the attraction has been significantly "plussed". The show is the same, and the show isn't that bad, but it could be a good idea to take a page out of Star Tours' and having multiple scenarios. Like a show a, show b, or show c, with different overarching plots/musical sets, and I know something like that might be enough to lure some people back to the theater on a more regular basis.

Now if they combined that with what you're suggesting, a sort of mash up between that and country bears, giving the animatronic muppets a way to change up the act on occasion, that would probably be good for the long term.

They could move Muppets over to the Grizzly area & re-name it. They would probably have to build a new building though.

Muppets as animatronics may kill off some of the qualities that make them seem more like friends rather than characters. Muppets are puppets that rely on the human hand (for the most part) to interact with real people and not animatronics on display. Hard to picture Kermit filled with hydraulic fluid, wiring, and computer components.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

I think it's a great idea. As runem says if it had a random element it would be fantastic.

I still can't believe all these years after Disney bought them we only have one 3d movie, fantastic though it is. Time to dust off the Muppett studio ideas I think

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Muppets as animatronics may kill off some of the qualities that make them seem more like friends rather than characters. Muppets are puppets that rely on the human hand (for the most part) to interact with real people and not animatronics on display.
    Agreed. The Muppets characters would loose their liveliness and charm if they were in animatronic form. But I do like your enthusiasm

I truly hope the Disneyland Resort, and specifically DCA doesn't lose the Muppets presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Agreed. The Muppets characters would loose their liveliness and charm if they were in animatronic form. But I do like your enthusiasm

I truly hope the Disneyland Resort, and specifically DCA doesn't lose the Muppets presence.
    I sort've agree, but I think they probably have the tech to replicate the signature Muppet movements with animatronics by now. and plus, they already have AA's of Statler, Waldorf, Bean and Swedish Chef in the current Muppet*Vision

• formerly very helpful

I don't really know about the Muppets (and I do love them!) but some type of animatronic musical show would be very welcome, by me. Other than Tiki room, there is nothing like that at all in t he whole resort. There used to be Tiki Room, Country Bears, and America Sings, all operating at the same time.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by tyrannosaur View Post
    I sort've agree, but I think they probably have the tech to replicate the signature Muppet movements with animatronics by now. and plus, they already have AA's of Statler, Waldorf, Bean and Swedish Chef in the current Muppet*Vision
    Those all benefit from the distance and restricted views - Statler and Waldorf are way up on the wall and only half visible, Swedish Chef is in his own little nook and only visible briefly, Bean's tiny and also up in a box.

I love this idea. Love, love love, this idea. Sadly I think it'd need a fleet of next-gen Animatronics to pull it off without it losing "muppet" and heading into "robot". I just don't see Accounting signing off on it right now.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• -

I’m not really fond of this idea, although I do applaud its creativity.

The Muppet show fits thematically into its location because it is a show in the backlot area that has to do with new 3D movie making techniques (although somewhat screwy as it is a technique dreamed up by Muppet Labs). A show that combines the Muppet characters with the backwoodsy theme of the Country Bears would be very out of theme for the area. Maybe if the built it in Critter Country it would work, but if they were going to do that, they should just put in an updated version of the original.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I just think they should make a new Muppet show and make it simlar to Star Tours with it having random parts and jokes that can be swapped in and out

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I just think they should make a new Muppet show and make it simlar to Star Tours with it having random parts and jokes that can be swapped in and out
    Something like that sounds very intriguing.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hate to say it but this is probably doomed simply because what you're describing is just "The Muppet Show".

I love the idea. More to the point, it'd be an insanely feasible idea simply because all the creative development - setting, characters, motivations - are already there, and the technical side would be limited only by the willingness to update the material.

Unfortunately, I don't think WDI would sign off on "we managed to create the experience of actually watching the Muppet Show for REAL". They did it for Who Wants to be a Millionaire and it seems noone even remembers it was the Muppet's neighbors a handful of years out from removal. The prestige just isn't there.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I'm just thinking about how completely amazing it'd look to see the Muppets in real life.
    Name:  muppets1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  141.8 KB
    Imagine seeing this Rainbow Connection scene on stage. It'd look so amazing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast