Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Would anyone care so much if we changed Coke Corner to Pepsi corner and made Pepsi the main soft drink again?
    Not at all. I love both, but I prefer Pepsi.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Disney has released concept art for the new Disneyland Starbucks. Take a look and let us know what you think:

Love it? Hate it? Thoughts? Ideas?

I think it stinks. So what, Disney doesn't know how to make coffee? I like coffee, but do we really need a huge Starbucks inside Disneyland? That's what Downtown Disney is for. Next, they should replace the Emporium with a Wal*Mart.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by grrandram View Post
    So what, Disney doesn't know how to make coffee?
    Why would Disney suddenly decide to grow and market their own coffee after 58 years of using outside products?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Aunt Jemima is a brand and it had its own pancake house in Frontierland, as well as an Aunt Jemima face character.
    Who is this directed towards? Who do you think does not know Disneyland history?

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Would anyone care so much if we changed Coke Corner to Pepsi corner and made Pepsi the main soft drink again?
    I would because Pepsi has completely eschewed nostalgia in its brand identity. Their focus is now on being contemporary.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Corporate greed? This thing looks almost the same as it did before, just more open to deal with larger lines, because people are going to actually want a coffee. Why do you think Disney chose Starbucks? It's because like Disney, Starbucks delivers the same product and service each time, it's reliable, so people spend their money. I like the look, and I think it fits Main Street perfectly. I'm also excited to see the new seating area.
    Making coffee isn't rocket science.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Why would Disney suddenly decide to grow and market their own coffee after 58 years of using outside products?
    Grow??? Who ever suggested that?

Restaurants serve GREAT coffee. Know what the brand is?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I can only hope Disney stops allowing cell phones in the parks because they ruin the themes of the lands.....Disney can not win no matter how hard they try
    People should start wearing nice clothes too. I'm sick of seeing everybody walking around in shorts and T-shirts. Looking like slobs. Like tourists.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Grow??? Who ever suggested that?
    The last poster who suggested that serving Starbucks is any different than serving any other coffee that was served before. It was questioned whether or not Disney knows how to make coffee. Since it will be Disney workers brewing it now just like before, one could only conclude that something different was being suggested. The only way to do that would be for Disney to grow their own beans.

Restaurants serve GREAT coffee. Know what the brand is?
    Sometimes they will tell you, but it really isn’t applicable in this situation. Most restaurants don’t have sponsors and are therefore not contractually obligated to let the customer know the brand that is being served.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    That Starbucks sign is so subtle and blended in with the paint job it's almost impossible to see. What they should have done is gone the Walt Disney 1950's/60's route and really let the corporate sponsor put up a big bold electric sign staring at you right as you enter the park, like this gem from Main Street USA circa 1960.
    Attachment 31703

But if the 2013 Imagineers really wanted to give the new Starbucks that 1960 Walt Disney touch, they'd not only create an electrified sign for the new coffee house, they'd purposely let three or four light bulbs be burned out on the sign like Walt did at his Hill Bros. Coffee Garden. You know, for just a touch of corporate sponsorship tainted with slightly shoddy maintenance standards. PRESSLER! er.... um.... WALT!
    HILLS BROS. Now THAT was good coffee!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    Complaining guest to City Hall: I just heard I could of had a cup Starbucks coffee here, why don't you have a sign?

City Hall: Sorry mam, since the Starbucks company was not around in 1900, we are not allowed to have a sign....
    It's right down the street at the Market House. You can't miss it. It says Market House on the outside. Coffee. You'll see the line.

Sometimes they will tell you, but it really isn’t applicable in this situation. Most restaurants don’t have sponsors and are therefore not contractually obligated to let the customer know the brand that is being served.
    And don't forget the biggest problem everyone seems to forget...the huge amounts of coffee needed to be made quickly and efficiently. There is a reason SB needs all their custom equipment and thorough training. When you don't have SB, you end up with crap coffee served slower than molasses(Nescafe).
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by grrandram View Post
    Making coffee isn't rocket science.
    It must be, because what was there before Starbucks sucked.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

If bringing in Starbucks was about upgrading the Disney coffee experience, why are they not completely taking over Disney's coffee operations? Would this not be the logical solution to a guest service/satisfaction issue?

• Closed Account

Sometimes they will tell you, but it really isn’t applicable in this situation.
    Sure it's applicable. It goes to show that great coffee can be served without you knowing the brand and without sponsorship. It shows that it doesn't take a "highly trained" Barrista to brew good coffee. Finally, I don't believe said restaurants grow their own coffee either.

• -

Sure it's applicable.
    Not really. A restaurant is very small scale compared to the number of customers served in a theme park. As I stated above, most restaurants don’t have sponsors and are therefore not contractually obligated to let the customer know the brand that is being served. It is totally different.

it goes to show that great coffee can be served without you knowing the brand and without sponsorship.
    I welcome sponsorship. It helps subsidize the operating costs and keeps prices down.

It shows that it doesn't take a "highly trained" Barrista to brew good coffee.
    Simply brewing coffee, maybe. However, those restaurants also don’t serve the types of specialty drinks that will be served here, either.

Finally, I don't believe said restaurants grow their own coffee either.
    Nobody suggested that they did.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast