Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 403
  1. #226

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Actually, IIRC, you really didn't know what brand of coffee you were getting, because there was no signage, advertising, logos, names, etc. There are still some folks who claim to be CMs that are adamant that the coffee wasn't actually Nescafe.

    Now you know exactly what brand you're getting, and that brand is incompatible with a 19th century Main Street theme.
    Hmmm I think it said nescafe on the machines which is the only reason I even knew what they were serving. Although to my point I could care less what brand is there I like peets coffee lol... I just don't get all the negative comments to the remodeled market house to me it looks good in concept and I can't wait to see it. This thread went from saying it doesn't look good to just hang on sb imo anyways.

  2. #227

    • враг народа
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,164
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    So now its the product? I thought it was the brand and image that was the main problem? If products matter so much in thematic integrity then we need to do something about a lot of the food offerings in the parks...
    Products are part of a brand and its image. I have absolutely no problem with further adjusting food items to be more thematically appropriate. It would further add to the distinctiveness and depth of the experience. Something for people to explore beyond comfort food or trends from outside the park.

  3. #228

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    2,056

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Products are part of a brand and its image. I have absolutely no problem with further adjusting food items to be more thematically appropriate. It would further add to the distinctiveness and depth of the experience. Something for people to explore beyond comfort food or trends from outside the park.
    That's how I feel as well. When I am in Disneyland I want something different from something I can get on any street corner.
    Give me a unique experience, not something I can find outside the Berm 24/7.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  4. #229

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I just don't get all the negative comments to the remodeled market house
    Because the remodel is just a modern fast-food floorplan made of wood. There was nothing wrong with the quaint interior as it existed before. It's not supposed to be a coffee shop; it's supposed to be a general mercantile; and the Starbucks brand fits as bad as Walmart or Radio Shack or Apple would fit (and these anaologies are prefectly legitimate, BTW, in spite of some posters' baseless comments that they are "exaggerations").
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 08-29-2013 at 07:16 AM.

  5. #230

    • враг народа
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,164
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Because the remodel is just a modern fast-food floorplan made of wood. There was nothing wrong with the quaint interior as it existed before. It's not supposed to be a coffee shop; it's supposed to be a general mercantile; and the Starbucks brand fits as bad as Walmart or Radio Shack or Apple would fit (and these anaologies are prefectly legitimate, BTW, in spite of some posters' baseless comments that they are "exaggerations").
    Maybe a better example, if they still had their consumer division, would be an IBM store. Their founding in 1911 places them just outside of period existence, but the products are not at all fitting. Or maybe Abercrombie & Fitch, founded in 1892, but since having undergone a major change in image and products.

  6. #231

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    124

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    While listening to a station that plays Disney Theme Park Audio and Music, I occasionally hear a welcome to Disneyland announcement from the past get played. The friendly voice offers you to try a warm cup of Folgers coffee. So at that point, people knew what brand they were getting and yet Disneyland continued to survive.

    This does seem to be more of a thread about hating Starbucks then the Market House redesign. I am curious to know what the reactions would have been if the same redesign came to the Market House and the coffee was not changed in the least.

    And as far as losing the quaint feel of a small town mercantile, if a small town mercantile had as many guests in a day as the Market House will get in a day, I am pretty sure they would have come up with something to be able to control the flow of guests, necessity being the mother of invention and all that.

  7. #232

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    If the coffee was so bad, then why was the Market House apparently bursting at the seams?

  8. #233

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    124

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Hills Brothers coffee instead of Folgers I think.

  9. #234

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    The brand perception of both Folgers and Hills Brothers differs greatly from Starbucks.

    Just as the brand perception of Elgin or Hamilton differs greatly from Seiko. Which watch brand fits the theme of Main Street better?

    What seems like a better fit? Upjohn, or Rite Aid?
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 08-29-2013 at 08:08 AM.

  10. #235

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,820

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Because the remodel is just a modern fast-food floorplan made of wood. There was nothing wrong with the quaint interior as it existed before. It's not supposed to be a coffee shop; it's supposed to be a gneral mercantile; and the Starbucks brand fits as bad as Walmart or Radio Shack or Apple would fit (and these anaologies are prefectly legitimate, BTW, in spite of some posters' baseless comments that they are "exaggerations").
    As crowds at Disneyland increase, the quaint interior you desire becomes unorderly and sloppy as people crowd it. I'm sure a refurbishment like this was inevitable regardless of Starbucks coming in, as seen in 2012 with the Ice Cream Parlor and Emporium refurbishment. Apple sells electronic devices which sells a product that would not work anyways, while Starbucks sells coffee to replace coffee that was already sold there. And as for Walmart, it is considered cheap while Starbucks is considered classy. Starbucks products are not cheap because they are of higher quality, unlike most of Walmart's products. At Disneyland, it should be a good thing to strive for higher quality options in terms of guest satisfaction.

    But really, if you guys really don't want to be reminded of the outside world at all, then there should really be no brands at all, even the ones you are fine with in Disneyland. Coke, while period appropriate, lacks the originality and creativity that you guys call for, and it definitely reminds me of the outside world, as I can see Coca Cola everywhere. Coca Cola is not the same as it was at the turn of the 20th century, it is a monster corporation out there to get our business. The Coke being sold now is not the same- it is modernized, trendy, found everywhere- things that you guys are asserting against Starbucks. It is not fair that one brand gets a free pass while the other is deemed to not belong solely because of its modern "identity" and the fact that it was not sold in the same time period being evoked.

  11. #236

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    It is not fair that one brand gets a free pass while the other is deemed to not belong solely because of its modern "identity" and the fact that it was not sold in the same time period being evoked.
    It's not fair??

    That's your argument?

  12. #237

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,820

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    It's not fair??

    That's your argument?
    Did you not read anything else I said?

  13. #238

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,446

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    It's not fair??

    That's your argument?
    Of course, that's the only thing you took from Frollo's entire post.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  14. #239

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Did you not read anything else I said?
    Sure I did, but the last part sums up your argument so succinctly, there was no need to quote the entire thing. You simply brush aside the points the rest of us are making. Like when you wrote "Apple sells electronic devices which sells a product that would not work anyways." Huh??

    There's no logic here, it's just a blanket dismissal...like when my mom used to tell me "because I said so!" when I questioned her.

  15. #240

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    124

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    My point about bringing up the Hills Brothers was more about the complaint I read about people not knowing the brand of coffee they were getting before the Starbucks brand, and just providing evidence to the contrary.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade Farewell Season
    By mikeysmommy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 12:26 PM
  2. [Pictures] New spotlights Main Street roof?
    By 3rdshiftCM in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 05:16 PM
  3. 1986 Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade Commercial
    By Ex-SmallWorld CM in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:49 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 02:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •