Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    If the coffee was so bad, then why was the Market House apparently bursting at the seams?
    Wait. It was so successful that Disney decided they were sick of 100% of the profits that they wanted to bring in a outside company and share them?
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

There's no logic here, it's just a blanket dismissal...like when my mom used to tell me "because I said so!" when I questioned her.
    Um...isn't this how these discussions always go on either side?
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    Um...isn't this how these discussions always go on either side?
    this
    Last edited by frollofan; 08-29-2013 at 10:00 AM.

• Minion

Sure I did, but the last part sums up your argument so succinctly, there was no need to quote the entire thing. You simply brush aside the points the rest of us are making. Like when you wrote "Apple sells electronic devices which sells a product that would not work anyways." Huh??

There's no logic here, it's just a blanket dismissal...like when my mom used to tell me "because I said so!" when I questioned her.
    Our opinions are contrasting, that's why it seems to you that my argument has "no logic."

• Closed Account

But when you say "Apple won't work," you need to back that up with something.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I think its assumed that a company that sells modern technology would be out of place on Main Street, as opposed to a company that sells a product that has been around since the 15th century

Apples to oranges.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I think its assumed that a company that sells modern technology would be out of place on Main Street, as opposed to a company that sells a product that has been around since the 15th century

Apples to oranges.
    One...more...time...

It's not about the product, it's about the brand.

• -

No it isn't. In this case, they are only replacing one out of theme brand with another. At least this one will be better quality.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    No it isn't. In this case, they are only replacing one out of theme brand with another. At least this one will be better quality.
    exactly

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

One...more...time...

But you're arguing with a brand who's product isn't thematically correct either

Coffee is thematically correct, its the brand that isnt that is being argued, this is the understanding we all have.

We're wondering why brands that are considered 'modern' like Coke are given a pass (even though they existed back in the day, they are still considered a 'modern' product), while Starbucks is not.

Apple is a strawman as it fits neither the brand legacy criteria nor the product authenticity criteria.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Yes, it is. It's about the perception that brand engenders in a large majority of the population: Fast-paced lifestyle, trendy beverages, "Barristas," Tall, Grande, Venti, Trenta (Can't believe we're going to hear those terms uttered on Main Street); modern consumer culture, soft jazz and alternative music, etc. etc. etc.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Yes, it is. It's about the perception that brand engenders in a large majority of the population: Fast-paced lifestyle, trendy beverages, "Barristas," Tall, Grande, Venti, Trenta (Can't believe we're going to hear those terms uttered on Main Street); modern consumer culture, soft jazz and alternative music, etc. etc. etc.
    Have you seen any recent Coke commercials, they're all about living in the now with young attractive adults

The only time Coke really goes 'old timey' is when Christmas rolls around.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

Yes, it is. It's about the perception that brand engenders in a large majority of the population: Fast-paced lifestyle, trendy beverages, "Barristas," Tall, Grande, Venti, Trenta (Can't believe we're going to hear those terms utterd on Main Street); modern consumer culture, soft jazz and alternative music, etc. etc. etc.
    Coke is also a part of the trendy, modern consumer culture that you suggest. Its perception has changed.

•   
    • Minion

I think the Apple store reference doesn't hold any value since mainstreet doesn't have a store that is like it already. if Disney had a "IDisney" store selling low quality MP3 players and laptops on main street then it would be relevant to suggest a swap from the IDisney store to a apple store. In the case of the Market house they are replacing a brand of coffee. Something that exists today with something else that exists today.

Would the layout be ok if they didn't change the brand of coffee? If the answer is yes to that I would just shake my head because really I don't see a difference between starbucks, peets, maxwell house, Von's generic blend etc. They are all coffee being served in the park to me. In the case of the market house new layout I think it looks great regardless of the coffee being served. They addressed a bad layout for increasing crowds in the parks.

• -

So “large, medium, and small” would be OK?

As far as soft jazz or alternative music, I don’t remember ever hearing either played at the Pig Café. Why would they decide to play that at the Market House?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast