Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21724252627
Results 391 to 403 of 403
  1. #391

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Should generations really matter in this discussion? I mean, look at me! I was born in '96. Technically I keep on getting lumped into the 'hipster' and 'uncool teenagers' that run amok in the parks, yet I love the small minute details and history of Disneyland as much as anyone else on this forum with a burning passion. I complain about the chipping paints, love the restorations of old relics, go to see the quiet spots and attractions every now and again, so on and so forth. Yet I don't mind a lot of these changes to Disneyland. Some are regrettable, I can agree, but the Market House/Starbucks conversion is not one of those to me. Is it because I was born in the wrong generation and could not experience the Market House in its heyday? I'd say no actually. I have seen the Market House in its final years as well as a few years prior to the conversion, and from what I understand, it wasn't that different from years prior. I like some of these changes that they are doing, and the interior doesn't look all that different. It's bigger, yes, but still well themed. I think people are imagining a modern Starbucks with their modern styles in the theming, which is a bit strange to think.

    Sorry if my thoughts didn't seem cohesive enough. I just couldn't find words because I was just so charged with emotions at that point.
    Born in 96? You are joking! Sorry, you haven't experienced Disneyland at it's nadir. I have been going to Disneyland since 63, you have no idea what you have missed.
    Last edited by Disneymike; 08-30-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  2. #392

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    849

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    As I (and others) have made a point of in the past, it's NOT about providing good coffee. They can sell Starbucks coffee all they want. The main issue for most is that they have converted the charming Market House into a Starbucks retail location.
    I would like to know what about the new market house tipped the scale into "Starbucks retail location."

    The new layout? The SB proprietary equipment? The SB trained staff? The signs? Because the first three would be necessary even if they just sold the coffee like you say.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  3. #393

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I would like to know what about the new market house tipped the scale into "Starbucks retail location."

    The new layout? The SB proprietary equipment? The SB trained staff? The signs? Because the first three would be necessary even if they just sold the coffee like you say.
    How about all of the above? You just named all that needs to be named.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  4. #394

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Born in 96? You are joking! Sorry, you haven't experienced Disneyland at it's nadir. I have been going to Disneyland since 63, you have no idea what you have missed.
    And some people were there on opening day and have continued to go, since then.

    Who cares, besides a handful of you, how long we've been visiting the parks for? That was a rude comment you just made. "You are joking!" Really? Unnecessary.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  5. #395

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    849

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    How about all of the above? You just named all that needs to be named.
    Like I said 3/4 of those things are necessary even in your ideal scenario. 1 of them was even likely to happen even if MH kept the same coffee so...is it just the sign that rubs you the wrong way? I just don't see what makes this so heinously Starbucks. Equipment is just equipment, layout change was long overdue, better training is better training....and then the sign. Which, by the way, is way overshadowed by the HUGE Market House sign, and original Market House look. Once again, I just don't see what makes this so..."Starbucks" that it ruins Main Street.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  6. #396

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    And some people were there on opening day and have continued to go, since then.

    Who cares, besides a handful of you, how long we've been visiting the parks for? That was a rude comment you just made. "You are joking!" Really? Unnecessary.
    How is that rude? It's a fact. Plus the fact it wasn't towards you.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  7. #397

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    How is that rude? It's a fact. Plus the fact it wasn't towards you.
    It doesn't matter if the comment was directed to me or not. The "You've got to be joking!" part of your comment was unnecessary and certainly rude. Did you have to say that? It's like you're putting those of us who are younger down because you were born earlier. Why are you doing that? I took slight offense to your comment. We're all fans, what does something like that matter?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  8. #398

    •   
    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,612

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    It doesn't matter if the comment was directed to me or not. The "You've got to be joking!" part of your comment was unnecessary and certainly rude. Did you have to say that? It's like you're putting those of us who are younger down because you were born earlier. Why are you doing that? I took slight offense to your comment. We're all fans, what does something like that matter?
    Pretty much agree here. No matter when any of us were born we all enjoy the parks regardless of when we have visited or how we enjoy it. All of us love Disneyland or we wouldn't post here.

  9. #399

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Pretty much agree here. No matter when any of us were born we all enjoy the parks regardless of when we have visited or how we enjoy it. All of us love Disneyland or we wouldn't post here.
    Exactly.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  10. #400

    • Vroom, vroom!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Duarte, California.
    Posts
    773

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    You know how I feel about this argument?
    One, I never knew ANY of the names for the shops on Main St. other than Emporium, as a matter of fact, my dad still calls the old Tobacco shop the Tobacco shop, even if it's I don't even know what right now.

    Two, you are all arguing over something that is more akin to philosophy and personal beliefs rather than fact. The facts are as follows. This is how the Market House is going to look in the near future, and this is what they are going to serve, like it or not. Rather than simply doing this, you've been tearing into other's opinions and belittling people for having one different than your own. Bad news, complaining about Starbucks moving into Disneyland, or boycotting the park, isn't going to remove it, or make it how you think it should be any faster. If you really want Disneyland to keep the small intimate shops, then you need to find a way to thin the crowds out to the crowds from the past, rather than today.

    Three, I wasn't going to do this, but since so many of you seem to take it personally if people call the shop either Starbucks, or Market House. I'm now going to refer to it as Starbucks whenever I'm in the park, just on the off chance that you are there and know that you're going to sigh, go home and make an angry post about it, or maybe even try to correct me, at which point I will smile and say, does it matter?

    Because at the end of the day, you are arguing over something that you have no control over, and some of you scared of a change that is as inevitable as the crowds.

    I will close by saying the following, The design looks great, I am glad that they decided to use the original style Starbucks logo, and not the modern one. The change in coffee is a good thing, and the interior design is a necessity that was a long time coming.

    P.S.
    @ DisneyMike.
    I did not realize that some of us still play the I'm right because I'm older than you game.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.


    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

  11. #401

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,040
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Its not a generic Starbucks though. That art sure doesnt look like the inside of any neighborhood Starbucks I've ever been to
    So, are the ornate and intricate McDonald's that don't look like a standard franchise not really a McDonald's location?

  12. #402

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,549

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    Is Disneyland's Main Street improving or degrading to the level of the likes of Las Vegas' Forum Shops, Grand Canal Shops and Tivoli Village or even Universal's Citiwalk?

    If they took the equivalent shops from Downtown Disney (D-Street, ESPN Zone, Fossil, House of Blues, Catal, Earl of Sandwich, Lego Store, LittleMissMatched, Quicksilver, Sanuk, Sephoria, Jamba Juice, Napolini, Sunglass Icon, etc.) and inserted them into Main Street locations, would Main Street be able to maintain it's original charm? Or would it then be looked at as just another well themed mall, which, at that point, IT WOULD BE?

  13. #403

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,998

    Re: New Disneyland Main Street Starbucks Concept Art

    This thread is quickly getting into bashing of others or the topic existing at all, outright rudeness. There have been prior warnings, and for those who don't know, basic civility is a requirement here at MiceChat (per our FAQ, requested to be followed by all members:

    "Members are reminded that they may post their own personal opinions but may NOT at any time attack another member of the site. MiceChat is a friendly and welcoming site. Users who create hostility or in other ways attack the members of this community are not welcome. "

    Basically, at this point, with many previous posts in the recent past, civility and not bashing the topic or views of others as 'wrong' has gone out the window entirely and calm discussion of the merits or nature of the changes in this thread are in the vast minority. Staff will be discussing individual cases and contacting members as warranted in terms of attacking or rude commentary: for the time being, this thread is locked. Thank you for your understanding.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21724252627

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade Farewell Season
    By mikeysmommy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 12:26 PM
  2. [Pictures] New spotlights Main Street roof?
    By 3rdshiftCM in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 05:16 PM
  3. 1986 Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade Commercial
    By Ex-SmallWorld CM in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:49 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 02:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •