Thread: Disney Sleeve

Disney Sleeve

Don't know exactly where I should have posted this...so sorry if its in the wrong place (which is probably most definitely is)...but

I am looking for a great Disney tattoo artist...I am shooting for a full, single arm, sleeve! Disney, Disneyland, Pixar, theme...of my Disney memories. My sleeve also involves a life-like pinup. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It would probably help to know that I am in Oregon, but I don't mind traveling a little for the perfect Disney tat.

THANKS!!!

Re: Disney Sleeve

google a highly skilled tattoo artist in your area and look at their previous work to see if it's something you believe they could take on.

and remember! a good tattoo ain't cheap and a cheap tattoo ain't good.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Singing Drinker

This is going to sound horribly sexist and I hate that it's the case, but *sigh* here goes.

You might want to start with female tattoo artists in your area. They usually have a bit more latitude to experiment and have fun, and a lot of times male artists get locked into very traditional "masculine" styles to the point IMO the rest of their craft atrophies - the harder lines and shading don't fit well with the cartoon aesthetic of Disney.

There are obviously exceptions - but most of the good Disney ink I've seen has come out of female artists.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Genopeid

“Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    Don't know exactly where I should have posted this...so sorry if its in the wrong place (which is probably most definitely is)...but

I am looking for a great Disney tattoo artist...I am shooting for a full, single arm, sleeve! Disney, Disneyland, Pixar, theme...of my Disney memories. My sleeve also involves a life-like pinup. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It would probably help to know that I am in Oregon, but I don't mind traveling a little for the perfect Disney tat.

THANKS!!!
    Where do you live?

• -

While I wouldn't know for sure as I'm not into tattoos, I would think you can check your local yellowpages for tattoo places and then enter the names into Yelp to see if there are any reviews on them.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

How far you willing to go? I know someone around LA.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Parking Lot > DCA

LA/OC has plenty of fine tattoo establishments that can meet your request.

• The doctor is in

The best thing to do when searching for a tattoo artist is to physically go around and have consultations with artists. Trust me, I have several tattoos and know how to do this.

While at the shop look at their portfolios and request to talk to them personally. Don't just talk to a receptionist/shop manager. Show the artist your ideas and see what they can do for you. You can always have them do a rough sketch for you. If you don't like it you can go talk to another artist. Nothing forces you to do a tattoo just because they sketch something out for you.
    Another option is to just do your research online. Search for tattoo shops in your area and see what comes up. Most shops have websites or Facebook pages. I don't think you will necessarily find an artist that specializes in Disney themed tattoos, but most artists are pretty versatile and can help you get exactly what you want. If they aren't willing to work with you see a different artist. It's almost guaranteed you will get a tattoo you don't like if you just accept what an artist puts on you because it's what they want to do.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.