Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shopping Pass?

• Minion

Question Shopping Pass?

Hey guys!

I will be going down to So Cal at the end of September, and I want to buy something from the Art on Demand in Disneyland. I know Disney use to give you a pass where you could go in the park for free for a limited time to purchase something and then return with the receipt of your purchase. Does Disney still do this?
    Jeff Wayne

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Shopping Pass?

I believe that they discontinued that years ago. You were able to enter the parks with a valid credit card for one hour. If you used the time up, they would charge you a one day park admission.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I believe that they discontinued that years ago. You were able to enter the parks with a valid credit card for one hour. If you used the time up, they would charge you a one day park admission.
    Unfortunately that's both a match from my experience a few years back as well as anything I can find online.

GhostHostJeff, you might want to call Disney directly on this one for options. There are a number of licensed Disney sites with prints on it you might wish to check as well - they might have what you're looking for without leaving your house.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah, while Disney might fear people using it to get in for free (for an hour) i did this once with my friend...and had an AP for 5 years sooo yeah I think they should have it come back even if only one at of every ten people buy a ticket or pass after...its better then NONE because I can tell you I'd never of got an AP unless I went back in the parks and felt how great it was to be back there

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Unfortunately that's both a match from my experience a few years back as well as anything I can find online.

GhostHostJeff, you might want to call Disney directly on this one for options. There are a number of licensed Disney sites with prints on it you might wish to check as well - they might have what you're looking for without leaving your house.
    Thank you! I will look into it. I wish they didn't discontinue this, but you gotta role with the punches!
    Jeff Wayne

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Yeah, while Disney might fear people using it to get in for free (for an hour) i did this once with my friend...and had an AP for 5 years sooo yeah I think they should have it come back even if only one at of every ten people buy a ticket or pass after...its better then NONE because I can tell you I'd never of got an AP unless I went back in the parks and felt how great it was to be back there
    They were covered regardless - you weren't allowed in on the Shopper until you'd provided an acceptable form of payment for a full day single park admission. If you failed to return within the time frame provided you had just purchased a full day admission. If you *did* return, your card would not be charged and the "hold" would be released.

Everything I find online cites Downtown Disney as a motivator for removing this. I am intentionally not reacting to that here.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

You can order anything except for food via the hotline, but there is a shipping fee. I wonder if you couldn't arrange for a "pick-up" if you asked.

• A Happy Haunt

The big Disney Store in DTD has Art on Demand. And... You can order online. No need to enter Park

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Hey guys!

I will be going down to So Cal at the end of September, and I want to buy something from the Art on Demand in Disneyland. I know Disney use to give you a pass where you could go in the park for free for a limited time to purchase something and then return with the receipt of your purchase. Does Disney still do this?
    No longer available. You can go to World of Disney.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    No longer available. You can go to World of Disney.
    You are right! World Of Disney Store has all the merchandise that can be found in the parks.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Minion

I'm so glad to know Art of Demand is at Downtown Disney now! Thank you, I will check it out.
    Jeff Wayne

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    They were covered regardless - you weren't allowed in on the Shopper until you'd provided an acceptable form of payment for a full day single park admission. If you failed to return within the time frame provided you had just purchased a full day admission. If you *did* return, your card would not be charged and the "hold" would be released.

Everything I find online cites Downtown Disney as a motivator for removing this. I am intentionally not reacting to that here.
    No im just saying without it....id never went back inside the pack..felt the "magic" and got a pass....would have lost a lot of money for me not coming in for that hour...since im the one who got my friends to get passes too

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    You are right! World Of Disney Store has all the merchandise that can be found in the parks.
    I didn't mean WoD has ALL the merchandise, but the Art on Demand the OP was looking for is available there. Yes, the shopping pass was nice, but with anything that can be abused, it was. Primarily by AP holders. AP holder goes to ticket booth, gets a shopping pass. Heads to turnstiles, hands off pass to friend. Both enter the park. After about 20 mins, AP holder walks out of park with the shopping pass (leaving friend in park) and turns it back in saying "Didn't find what I wanted..." Heads back into the park, and they are there til closing. Happened often.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
    The big Disney Store in DTD has Art on Demand. And... You can order online. No need to enter Park
    Just FYI, you can NOT order Art on Demand online. I wish you could... but nope!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• the rockawho?

if you want the artwork sooner and know what you want, then I recommend the merchandise hotline 1-877-560-6477....

you can just call and order.......

after you receive the art work, please update us on the quality and your review...

i been considering ordering from the art on demand, but heard and seen horror stories on the quality...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast