Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• -

Re: Opera House: Miley VS. Annette

How about neither one? Really, why do they have to have any Disney star's poster there?
    Last edited by calsig31; 08-27-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How about neither one? Really, why do they have to have any Disney stars poster there?
    You said exactly what I was I thinking while reading this thread!

• Blew By You

Annette please.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Annette please.
    And, honor her with a window too!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    I have a better idea of how they can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWwcHAH7lxU

• Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    And, honor her with a window too!
    I agree with taking Miley down in favor of Annette (I actually thought about before I read this thread) but a window? Seriously? She's already been honored by way of becoming a Disney Legend AND having a sound stage at the studio named after her, let's not overdo it with a window that's reserved for Disney-Park-centric achievements. An image of her in the lobby of the Opera House with the other American legends is plenty enough to honor her legacy

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I don't care who's up there if anyone. It's pretty clear Miley should not be.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Vashsky666 View Post
    I agree with taking Miley down in favor of Annette (I actually thought about before I read this thread) but a window? Seriously? She's already been honored by way of becoming a Disney Legend AND having a sound stage at the studio named after her, let's not overdo it with a window that's reserved for Disney-Park-centric achievements. An image of her in the lobby of the Opera House with the other American legends is plenty enough to honor her legacy
    If Fess Parker qualifies for a window, Anette more than deserves to have one.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    If Fess Parker qualifies for a window, Anette more than deserves to have one.
    I think Vashsky is saying that she already has a whole soundstage dedicated to her, perhaps a window and a photo in the exit hallway of an attraction would be a little overkill to which I say: I agree.

Well all know Annette was great. We don't need a to be barraged though, in my opinion.

• Special Agent

If the point of putting Miley up there was to have someone a younger audience can recognize/relate to, then what would be the point of putting Annette up there? Shes two, almost three generations past being recognizable.

I thought Miley should be gone before, now it will disgust me everytime I see her picture. Coming out of Lincoln and feeling all patriotic and moved by the film/images and then your eyes fall on her picture - UGH!!!

As an opera house cast member with connections to WDI I will tell you that Funicello will not go up in the opera house plain and simple, there are plans to replace some of the portraits in the spirit hall, who I do not know, but their explanation is that there are plenty more Americans who deserved to be displayed. As for why Miley is up there, well keep in mind at the time she has made several contributions and pledged her support and still does to day to children's charities such as Make A Wish. Baxter wanted someone who children and adolesents and the time can relate to...And at the time they were gonna put Britney Spears but 2007 was not a good year for Britney. So who is getting replaced I do not know but in pretty sure there will be plenty of upset people some new portraits and their favorites missing. But know this, Funnicello will not be on the walls, they will put someone for this generations youth can relate to AND IT WON'T BE THE BIEBS BECAUSE HE IS NOT AMERICAN!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Miley Cyrus' Disney image has been tainted so badly that they could replace her portrait with Lady Gaga and I'd support it.

• Minion

Perhaps part of the problem is who/what the media offers kids to relate to --- or the presumption that they need prior familiarity at all.

If they don't know who Annette (or Elvis or The Beach Boys) is, they might just become curious enough to find out -- and that would be a good thing. Isn't that how our generations learned?

I wasn't born knowing the comedic references in old Looney Tunes cartoons or the historic references in Disneyland, but finding out over the years enriched my life.

Discovering who Annette was and the role she played in the Disney story and baby boomer culture has ongoing value.

Miley is enriching nothing but bank accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Miley Cyrus' Disney image has been tainted so badly that they could replace her portrait with Lady Gaga and I'd support it.
    Lady Gaga wore a g-string showing her whole behind on the show but she gets no flack? How does that make sense?

And if Miley has to be taken down because she's no longer the child star Hannah Montana & did some adult gestures on a stage for a show that airs after kids should be in bed, then how is it Disney supports Michael Jackson & considering vast amount of controversy for things he's done in his life?

If Miley was a man, nobody would be saying anything. And everyone seems to forget that her outfit & lewd dancing- was for Robin Thicke's song where the video is very crude & the girls are dressed a lot more skimpy than Miley was for the show.
    But nobody is giving him any grief over it. It's all on her apparently.

Guess she doesn't have to worry about being cast in stereotypical goodie-two-shoes rolls anymore. Maybe she was just trying to break away from that image.

I just find it so horrible that people want to sit here & judge a 20 year old girl who is just trying to find who she is & is a child star & not had the "normal" life the rest of us have had.
    I guess nobody has ever made poor decisions in their early adult years. Give the girl a break.
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast