Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Opera House: Miley VS. Annette

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterfly74 View Post
    two-shoes rolls anymore. Maybe she was just trying to break away from that image.

I guess nobody has ever made poor decisions in their early adult years. Give the girl a break.
    When I go on an awards show and show my butt to the audience, then I'll give her a pass. Until then, I will sit and judge her and vote for her portrait to be removed.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Let's open our imaginations, if you will, and view this situation in the context of the fictional backstory of Disneyland, taking that as if literal -- that Mickey and Minnie Mouse ''live'' at Disneyland and operate the place as hosts, etc.

Mickey has placed a photo of a former protegee on the wall of his ''home'' in good natured faith and gratitude for her hard work and success. He gave her her first breakthrough job and supported her for years.

Then, in youthful rebellion and to change her image, she goes on national TV and disses him personally -- using cartoon ''ears'' as a bra and a big white glove to shock -- along with walk-around plushies and props clearly designed to evoke his squeaky clean image. He is embarrassed.

Would Mickey keep her picture on the wall of his home for all his guests to see? Moreover, would his girlfriend Minnie, the personification of demure humility, allow him to keep it up?

Or would they instead replace it with a photo of their dear and always-loyal friend of 60 years who recently passed away -- to honor her?

Real-life growing pains and politics aside, what scenario supports the "fantasy" of Disneyland's backstory? Isn't supporting the illusion, the show, the thing that matters?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Isn't supporting the illusion, the show, the thing that matters?
    HAHAHA!!! Silly Merlin! Surely you must be joking! You of all people must realize that today, show deosn't matter! Today, the most important thing is relevance!

• Former Churro Jockey

Well first let me say, there are pictures of Disney celebrities at the Opera House? That seems odd. Somehow I've never noticed. It does seem to be the wrong place for Disney to showcase it's former stars. That seems like something to do at the DL Hotel or World of Disney Store. And second, I don't think Disney wants to be in the business of following all of their star's future careers after they leave Disney and determining their status as a former Disney star based on their behavior. What Miley did on the VMA's was in bad taste to some people (not me personally, but I agree it's 100% un-Disney-like, which I think was the point), but that doesn't change how insanely popular Hannah Montana was only a few years ago. People make a lot of mistakes and do a lot of very silly and crass things as they grow up. Christina Aguilara and Brittany Spears both seem to have finally turned out okay now, but it was a heck of a tough journey for both of them, and I have a feeling it will be for Miley Cyrus as well. As for pictures in the opera house, I'd vote that they take them all down, but as for honoring her in some way for Hannah Montana, I'd probably say don't remove just her photo and no one else's because some people don't approve of her behavior. She's just growing up in a very tough situation where she has a ridiculous amount of money and fame at a ridiculously young age.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• -

Lady Gaga wore a g-string showing her whole behind on the show but she gets no flack? How does that make sense?
    Lady Gaga is also not hanging on the wall at Disneyland.

And if Miley has to be taken down because she's no longer the child star Hannah Montana & did some adult gestures on a stage for a show that airs after kids should be in bed, then how is it Disney supports Michael Jackson & considering vast amount of controversy for things he's done in his life?
    And everyone seems to forget that her outfit & lewd dancing- was for Robin Thicke's song where the video is very crude & the girls are dressed a lot more skimpy than Miley was for the show.
    But nobody is giving him any grief over it. It's all on her apparently.
    Robin Thicke doesn’t have a picture in the Opera House, either.

I just find it so horrible that people want to sit here & judge a 20 year old girl who is just trying to find who she is & is a child star & not had the "normal" life the rest of us have had.
    I guess nobody has ever made poor decisions in their early adult years. Give the girl a break.
    I can't give her a break with the music choice of music she made to dance to. I had to listen to Kashmir on volume 200 three times just to get that stuff out of my head.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Former Churro Jockey

Incidentally, I would add that, despite what I said in the previous post, if Disney were to decide to take her picture down and replace her with someone else I would vote for Haley Mills over Annette. To me, she is the quintessential childhood Disney star, and I'm guessing has probably been in more Disney movies then any other actor or actress.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Now that Miley has irrevocably tarnished her ''neo-Disney'' image (see current headlines), can we finally replace her photo in the Opera House with Annette's -- who loyally upheld the Walt Disney Legacy all her days?
    What was that awful performance? That's what passes as good music these days??? Those were the VMAs? Why do they still even have Video Music Awards? There are really no good groups or bands. Nobody is making music videos. MTV doesn't even show videos anymore. Miley was just plain awful. I didn't watch the show, I just saw the clips on YouTube.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    I thought Miley should be gone before, now it will disgust me everytime I see her picture. Coming out of Lincoln and feeling all patriotic and moved by the film/images and then your eyes fall on her picture - UGH!!!
    This is overreacting.

In fact, this whole topic is an overreaction. She's on the wall, she's been on the wall, she's more than likely staying on the wall. A thread like this comes up every time she does anything that makes any sort of news. It's tiring.

Like I said before, I am sure Annette will get honored in the park somehow. However, I feel like I can almost say for sure it isn't going to be in the form of her photo replacing Miley's. If she doesn't get honored in the park, she has a whole soundstage dedicated to her at the studio. That's a pretty good get if you ask me.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    This is overreacting.

In fact, this whole topic is an overreaction. She's on the wall, she's been on the wall, she's more than likely staying on the wall. A thread like this comes up every time she does anything that makes any sort of news. It's tiring.

Like I said before, I am sure Annette will get honored in the park somehow. However, I feel like I can almost say for sure it isn't going to be in the form of her photo replacing Miley's. If she doesn't get honored in the park, she has a whole soundstage dedicated to her at the studio. That's a pretty good get if you ask me.
    This
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Incidentally, I would add that, despite what I said in the previous post, if Disney were to decide to take her picture down and replace her with someone else I would vote for Haley Mills over Annette. To me, she is the quintessential childhood Disney star, and I'm guessing has probably been in more Disney movies then any other actor or actress.
    Only problem is Haley Mills is English, not American.

Does the replacement have to be a young female? How about a male? Maybe Justin Timberlake would be a better option if we are exclusively going after young ex-Disney child entertainers.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Folks, if you are sick of a thread topic and/or the posts in that thread, what should you do? Tell those who are driving you crazy that they have no business bringing up this subject again? Or instead of that, might you just leave the thread and find one which interests you?

We are a discussion board. Discussions thrive when there are people of every mind on the topic of the thread. Not just side A and side B, but 5, 11, 20 different takes on the topic are what makes it interesting and worth discussing. But, if in addition to all those differing opinions, we've a few people posting who are only in a thread to mock others, and even put down the entire premise of a thread . . . well, that's kinda, sorta trolling, and that just doesn't fly.

Any time you find yourself criticizing those who are on the opposite side of a discussion than you are on, you have officially gone off the tracks, are off-topic, and are putting the thread in jeopardy. You are the laying the groundwork for a thread to be litterboxed. Never mind that others still find a topic of interest. What matters more to you than just about anything, is that your life is being destroyed because a small group of people want to discuss a topic that has admittedly seen a lot of light around here.

As long as Miley's picture is hanging on the wall, it will be a topic of conversation. If that bothers you so much that you find yourself driven to mock those who would like to continue the conversation, it's time you left the thread.

We've got some pretty simple rules around here. Mostly they have to do with showing respect to, and being kind to your fellow members. If the hostile and/or judgmental posts continue, we will be compelled to start editing posts out of the thread, and contacting those who made the posts.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 08-28-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

I have never been to Disneyland (I live out east) so I don't have much opinion about the Opera House. I would like to ask a simple/dumb question: is the picture of Hanna Montana or Miley? Because I would venture to guess that Disney corporate considers them two separate people. They OWN the perpetual teenager Hanna, Miley is an independent adult no longer affiliated with Disney. So having pictures of Hanna in the parks would seem to be their prerogative (whether we like it or not).

I also think Hanna pictures and/or merch would be more appropriate at Hollywood Studios.

I am pushing our family for a DCA trip next year and when we go to the Opera House and if there is still a picture of Miley/Hanna on the wall then we will roll our eyes and move on. Much better memories to make in the rest of the park.

And just my opinion, Yes I would prefer to see Annette instead of Miley/Hanna anywhere at any Disney park, but that's just me.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Is it just me, or does Miley get uglier and less talented with each passing day? Hope that I don't ever have the misfortune of seeing she and Lindsay Lohan in a duet.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

i think they need to have a new spot for MMC members
    Britney Spears, Annette, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling...

there isnt a reason to replace Mileys photo with Annettes
    Miley was the bigger star out of the 2
    and her being on the VMA only made her the talk of the world
    her single is selling strong and its doing good on Billboard Hot 100
    Disney isnt stupid enough to take her photo down over nothing

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylately View Post
    I have never been to Disneyland (I live out east) so I don't have much opinion about the Opera House. I would like to ask a simple/dumb question: is the picture of Hanna Montana or Miley? Because I would venture to guess that Disney corporate considers them two separate people. They OWN the perpetual teenager Hanna, Miley is an independent adult no longer affiliated with Disney. So having pictures of Hanna in the parks would seem to be their prerogative (whether we like it or not).

I also think Hanna pictures and/or merch would be more appropriate at Hollywood Studios.

I am pushing our family for a DCA trip next year and when we go to the Opera House and if there is still a picture of Miley/Hanna on the wall then we will roll our eyes and move on. Much better memories to make in the rest of the park.

And just my opinion, Yes I would prefer to see Annette instead of Miley/Hanna anywhere at any Disney park, but that's just me.

its of Hannah and Miley...
    its a pic of Miley singing and on the bottom its a pic of Hannah singing

think of Best Of Both Worlds posters and cd and its kinda like that

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast