Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Opera House: Miley VS. Annette

Now that Miley has irrevocably tarnished her ''neo-Disney'' image (see current headlines), can we finally replace her photo in the Opera House with Annette's -- who loyally upheld the Walt Disney Legacy all her days?

• Heavy Breather

Re: Opera House: Miley VS. Annette

I wholeheartedly agree that Annette should be there, instead of that......thing.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

• Hide and Seek with Anna

I also agree 100% if Walt was still alive he would tear that photo down and burn it. We need to start a pro test or something to sign to tell Disney we don't want that thing in the Opera House or anywhere near Disney.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

I have a better idea of how they can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWwcHAH7lxU

Just make sure everyone is watching.

"Don't worry...our Disneyland ride will come soon."

• Singing Drinker

I don't believe Walt would care all that much other than sadness at watching one of his "kids" go awry.

She's no longer on Disney's label, I do not believe she's under any sort of contractual obligation to them at the moment. If they even think about this at all, presumably it's still up for the same reason they cater to Justin Bieber to have "adult" style trips to the park. It's good PR to a famous person who might be useful later.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I don't believe Walt would care all that much other than sadness at watching one of his "kids" go awry.

She's no longer on Disney's label, I do not believe she's under any sort of contractual obligation to them at the moment. If they even think about this at all, presumably it's still up for the same reason they cater to Justin Bieber to have "adult" style trips to the park. It's good PR to a famous person who might be useful later.
    This.

I had a feeling that a Miley thread was coming. Sigh.

Headed towards the litter box in 5..4..3..2..

• Minion

Miley's image has been tarnished for a long time imo.

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

You could easily replace two artists that had many problems including drugs (Elvis/MJ) with Annette. Is there a one female quota that must be maintained?
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Minion

Miley has the right to do whatever she wants with her career, but after so self-consciously using Disneyesque iconography to change her image -- defiling Mickey's glove on MTV? Come on! That's not personal behavior (Elvis), but a public anti-Disney ''statement'' -- why in the world should she still be ''honored'' in Disneyland of all places?

...Yet Annette has not been so honored, though the Disney ideal (and Walt) meant the world to her -- and she went the distance to honor that carefully nurtured image after her contract was over, becoming the ultimate ambassador to Disneyland for generations of admirers.

Do the right thing, Disney. Make a swift statement by switching portraits from Miley to Annette!
    Last edited by merlinjones; 08-26-2013 at 06:47 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    You could easily replace two artists that had many problems including drugs (Elvis/MJ) with Annette. Is there a one female quota that must be maintained?
    You're totally right, and I agree. But unfortunately, Miley pops up in the "headlines" from time to time now so she is the current focus.

This debate is almost as old as the "Bring back the Peoplemover" one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    ...Yet Annette has not been so honored, though the Disney ideal (and Walt) meant the world to her -- and she went the distance to honor that carefully nurtured image after her contract was over, becoming the ultimate ambassador to Disneyland for generations of admirers.

Do the right thing, Disney. Make a swift statement by switching portraits from Miley to Annette!
    She'll get honored. Why does it have to be in the exit hall of GMwML? Why not have her honored elsewhere?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Miley has the right to do whatever she wants with her career, but after so self-consciously using Disneyesque iconography to change her image -- defiling Mickey's glove on MTV? Come on! That's not personal behavior (Elvis), but a public anti-Disney ''statement'' -- why in the world should she still be ''honored'' in Disneyland of all places?
    Beats the heck outta me.

Ask Tony Baxter, it was his idea to put her there in the first place.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Seeker of Fun

I'm sure all of the people who's photos are there had personal flaws, it's the human condition. However, there's a difference. Now bad behavior is encouraged in public.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

In the grand scheme of things, Miley simply does not shock or appall me. People make her out to be the worst person ever, yet as far as musicians go, she is quite mild...a bit trashy...but she's not the one throwing bongs out windows or in and out of rehab. I think people blow the whole thing out of proportion. I don't think anything she's done recently warrants her portrait be taken down any more than when it first was put there. It is Hannah up there anyway isn't it?
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree that Annette should be there, instead of that......thing.
    You mean... this thing?

When it comes to Disney honoring Great Americans, she's right up there on Mr. Lincoln's exit wall with this thing. (Well, minus the talent. But who cares when it's all about the cash?)
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-26-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I agree! I watched the VMA's last night, and Miley's "performance" was horrifying.

Annette would be a much, much better choice to have her photo on that Disneyland wall.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miley's photo at Disneyland is taken down very quickly, even if they aren't smart enough to replace her with Annette.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast