Goodbye,veggie-friendly potato

You'd think in the 21st century, with more than 10% of Americans identifying as vegetarian or vegan, it wouldn't be hard to get a baked potato, of all things, without a giant plop of meat on the top. Not so, says Disney Parks Blog today:

Harbour Galley Streamlines Menu, Adds New Tastes at Disneyland Park « Disney Parks Blog

I have no problem with there being plenty of meat friendly options on the menu- my husband is a meat-eater, and so are lots of my friends- but did they really have to take away the ONLY vegetarian baked potato on the menu? Is it that hard to keep broccoli on hand?

This is really disappointing. Disney has made some strides toward being more veggie friendly, but this is a big letdown- it was one of the cheapest and fastest vegetarian meals in the park. And no, a plain potato with butter doesn't count- this at least gave you some protein and veggies.

• -

Re: Goodbye,veggie-friendly potato

Thanks for posting. The new menu looks good. I'm looking forward to trying the lobster roll. I had never heard of that before trying one a couple of years ago by accident at Disney World. I hope the one here is just as good.

Too bad about the veggie options, but couldn't you just order the bacon and cheese one without the bacon?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We liked the Broccoli and cheese potato, although honestly i would have liked it better with real cheese instead of cheese sauce. Too bad they didn't revamp it with the real stuff and leave it there.

I am glad to hear of the shrimp cob salad and the fact that they are offering a lobster roll here in addition to the shrimp roll at the French market. Most of it seems to be good news to me.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

How sad. A broccoli and cheese baked potato is a good little something for the middle of the afternoon. I'm a carnivore, and I don't need meat *every* single time I'm hungry.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Singing Drinker

I would contact the park and pointedly ask about the specific vegetarian options that are removed and ask about their replacements.

This is one of the few places where a lower amount of feedback *should* trigger a response. Disney's sensitive to criticisms of being non-inclusive, and several vegetarians asking WTF may get action (presuming there's not a replacement that's already been offered at another location to make up for the loss at this location).
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

That's terrible! We always appreciated all the vegetarian options and review the menus in advance to make sure what our options. There really weren't enough in the first place without removing one.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Thanks for posting. The new menu looks good. I'm looking forward to trying the lobster roll. I had never heard of that before trying one a couple of years ago by accident at Disney World. I hope the one here is just as good.

Too bad about the veggie options, but couldn't you just order the bacon and cheese one without the bacon?
    Just saw a major error in this post. You suggested that someone order the bacon and cheese without bacon. You told someone to not order bacon. I know this was a mistake, but it almost looked like you made a suggestion to someone on how to avoid nature's candy made out of meat.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

The veggie chili seems to be gone as well. I am hoping Disney isn't reversing its trend of having more veggie options.
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    J.K Chesterson

Have you tried asking in person of veggie options? I have literally never been to disneyland with someone who wasnt accommodated in accordance to their dietary restrictions. This ranges from my current keto diet to vegan.
    if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.