• Citizen of EPCOT

2013 Candlelight Choir Member Info

Just wanted to share an update with the general community on information for 2013 Candlelight Choir members from the official source at Disneyland.

This yearís selected audition tune is "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" by Felix Mendelssohn.

Disneyland will supply robes to all choir members. Singers will supply white shirts, black pants, socks and shoes.

Disneyland will be giving to each choir member one complimentary One-Day Park Hopper Passport valid for a future visit. Previous years, two passports were given.

Again, candlelight is confirmed to return to two nights, with 2 performances per night.

Take it all for what it's worth and happy holidays in advance!

• Singing Drinker

Re: 2013 Candlelight Choir Member Info

On the one hand I'd *love* to audition for something like this.

On the other hand, singing Christmas music is up there with hammering spikes into my kidney in preferred activities. Makes me wish there was a secular version of something like this at the parks.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Citizen of EPCOT

HAHA! I'm with you, man. I figured it was cool when our rabbi's son was also in the choir with me. I'm not actually singing this year, but I get the e-mails from our local choir, so I'm in the loop. I've done it about ten years in total, and it's definitely more for me about being backstage at DL, being part of the show, and the overwhelming experience of sensory bombardment. The narrators have been pretty funny and outlandish as well, so that helps. I'm not one for shows or parades either, since the park experience should be able to stand alone without enhancement. Enjoy!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by gpiltz View Post
    HAHA! I'm with you, man. I figured it was cool when our rabbi's son was also in the choir with me. I'm not actually singing this year, but I get the e-mails from our local choir, so I'm in the loop. I've done it about ten years in total, and it's definitely more for me about being backstage at DL, being part of the show, and the overwhelming experience of sensory bombardment. The narrators have been pretty funny and outlandish as well, so that helps. I'm not one for shows or parades either, since the park experience should be able to stand alone without enhancement. Enjoy!
    thanks for the info, confirming Candlelight going back to two nights.

But I certainly don't understand how Disneyland would or could be Disneyland WITHOUT parades and shows and ALL the enhancements that are a part of Disneyland.

• Citizen of EPCOT

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    thanks for the info, confirming Candlelight going back to two nights.

But I certainly don't understand how Disneyland would or could be Disneyland WITHOUT parades and shows and ALL the enhancements that are a part of Disneyland.
    I apologize for my generalization about not wanting shows or parades. I simply feel that they should blend seamlessly into the fabric of the place. Sometimes, my experience has been that these presentations take me out of the disbelief of Disneyland. It is just my opinion, and we are certainly in a golden age of good entertainment. Disneyland is for all people of all interests to enjoy, and it would be selfish of me to think otherwise of this diversity. Please, do continue to enjoy, my friend.

I was wondering where did you get all this information? I'm a cast member and i have no idea where to find this stuff and i really REALLY want to audition for this and be in the choir but i don't know when the audition dates are or where or etc.

• ^_~.

I'm a little confused about how this works. Are auditions by invitation only? Do various school and community choirs audition as a group? Can individual people be a part of this, too? If so, how do you try out? I'm new to the Disney holiday experience, so I'm curious.

• Citizen of EPCOT

I believe that any community choir (school, church, standalone group, etc.) can audition. I am unsure how new choirs are made aware of Candelight auditions initially, but our school alumni choir director is on the annual e-mail list from past participation. His predecessor sought out the opportunity by contacing Disneyland. I believe those of us who are in the public must be part of a certain size choir to participate.

Whats an email so i can contact them for more information?