Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Good Times, Bad Guests

Hey Chris, just had the same experience. My Daughter started at Fullerton last week. Being close to DL was one reason for her college choice. It was an emotional parting but I am proud of her and the proximity to DL will be an excuse to see her.

• waitin' to board

...great TR....thanks for posting....

• Elk Grove Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RosevilleDisfan View Post
    Hey Chris, just had the same experience. My Daughter started at Fullerton last week. Being close to DL was one reason for her college choice. It was an emotional parting but I am proud of her and the proximity to DL will be an excuse to see her.
    Congrats to her! Yeah, cool, but weird at the same time isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
    ...great TR....thanks for posting....
    Thanks Treasure
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• Hakuna Matata!

I LOVE READING HOW PEOPLE SPEND THEIR DAYS IN THE PARKS Thank You for that. As for the woman and her mouth I would have said something to her. I'm bold that way. I have no problem with embarrassing THEM by bringing their bad behavior (or their child's) to their attention and let them know that they are ruining other people's magical day. Also Kids crying/whining for no reason I usually say loudly to them that "THERE'S NO CRYING AT DISNEYLAND!" or "GOODNESS! IT'S NAP TIME IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!"

• Goofy

nice trip report thanks

Love the photos, especially the Lobster Nachos sequence. Dobby insists there's still food on the plate in the second shot...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Ducksketeer

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBragh View Post
    I LOVE READING HOW PEOPLE SPEND THEIR DAYS IN I have no problem with embarrassing THEM by bringing their bad behavior (or their child's) to their attention and let them know that they are ruining other people's magical day. Also Kids crying/whining for no reason I usually say loudly to them that "THERE'S NO CRYING AT DISNEYLAND!" or "GOODNESS! IT'S NAP TIME IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!"
    I sometimes will ask a child who is too old to be crying and throwing a fit if is he/she is hurt? I'll ask them if they fell down or if someone needs to call for first aid. Usually the kid will stop crying immediately and the parent will say the kid is okay. I'll then continue to feign concern but apologize because the child sounded as if they were in distress.

Although it does seem to be getting harder and harder to embarrass parents these days.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I wish all the best of luck for your daughter entering college. If it's the college I think it is (CSULB) then she is going to have a GREAT time. I just graduated from Long Beach State in May and I loved it there. Great school! Hope she has fun!

•   
    • Minion

I ran into one that was a beaut on the Astro-Orbitor on Friday. As I walked up to a rocket, stopped right in front of it and moved up to step in, this girl who appeared to be about nine shoved past and tried to jump into the vehicle. I said "excuse me, this is my rocket," and she glared and moved off, but I mean really...where do these kids come from?! It's not a feeding frenzy, the rockets are all the same, and if someone's already stopped in front of the ride vehicle, shoving past them is just beyond rude.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Wow sounds like fun! glad you had a good time! too bad those people were so loud and obnoxious! I feel bad for those kids! any who...... thanks for the report!!!!!!!!!!
    HAVE A ZIPPIDY DOO DAH DAY
    ~HAKUNA MATATA~
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post
    I sometimes will ask a child who is too old to be crying and throwing a fit if is he/she is hurt? I'll ask them if they fell down or if someone needs to call for first aid. Usually the kid will stop crying immediately and the parent will say the kid is okay. I'll then continue to feign concern but apologize because the child sounded as if they were in distress.

Although it does seem to be getting harder and harder to embarrass parents these days.
    I LOVE this technique! Will store away for future use

• Elk Grove Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBragh View Post
    I LOVE READING HOW PEOPLE SPEND THEIR DAYS IN THE PARKS [IMG]file://localhost/Users/clee/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_image002.png[/IMG] Thank You for that. As for the woman and her mouth I would have said something to her. I'm bold that way. I have no problem with embarrassing THEM by bringing their bad behavior (or their child's) to their attention and let them know that they are ruining other people's magical day. Also Kids crying/whining for no reason I usually say loudly to them that "THERE'S NO CRYING AT DISNEYLAND!" or "GOODNESS! IT'S NAP TIME IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!" [IMG]file://localhost/Users/clee/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_image004.png[/IMG]
    I would have said something (to the husband) if I could have caught up to them. Some people are truly unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    nice trip report thanks
    Thanks Rex

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    Love the photos, especially the Lobster Nachos sequence. Dobby insists there's still food on the plate in the second shot...
    We had to save room for BB later.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post

Too true, what happened to the practice of taking your kids aside, to save all from the embarrassment of a break down.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I wish all the best of luck for your daughter entering college. If it's the college I think it is (CSULB) then she is going to have a GREAT time. I just graduated from Long Beach State in May and I loved it there. Great school! Hope she has fun!
    Yes, CSULB, congrats on your graduation. She loves it already, “dorm life is awesome Dad”. Not sure what to make of that just yet. Have heard of a beach visit, Starbucks down the street, decent food in the cafeteria, not a stich about studying, hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I ran into one that was a beaut on the Astro-Orbitor on Friday. As I walked up to a rocket, stopped right in front of it and moved up to step in, this girl who appeared to be about nine shoved past and tried to jump into the vehicle. I said "excuse me, this is my rocket," and she glared and moved off, but I mean really...where do these kids come from?! It's not a feeding frenzy, the rockets are all the same, and if someone's already stopped in front of the ride vehicle, shoving past them is just beyond rude.
    You would think that in such a happy place that rude behavior would be the exception, unfortunately, it seems that I encounter it more frequently each visit. Probably a sign of age.

Quote Originally Posted by amandajh View Post
    Wow sounds like fun! glad you had a good time! too bad those people were so loud and obnoxious]
    We had a good day, just a few bumps along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by miz bell View Post
    I LOVE this technique! Will store away for future use
    Yeah, me too.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• June 1963 I was hooked

If the rude guests had paid full price for their tickets, might have been
    more focused on having a good time. On the other hand, on a long road
    trip with kids, meltdowns can happen. After my last experience at the resort,
    smells like season pass holders to me. Particularly hassling diners from potc.

• Disney Philosopher

I see more and more rudeness on the rise. I guess it is a reflection of the cultural shift we are experiencing.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

•   

Your photos are fantastic! Makes me want to go right now!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast