Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Which Attractions Are Safe from Removal/Replacement and Which Are Not?

The Matterhorn will probably stay, due to popularity, but they did consider tearing down the whole mountain and starting over given the conditio some of it was in, (rotted wood). It's just a relatively thin layer of concrete over mesh, wouldn't be that hard to take down despite the fact it looks like an immovable mountain.

Pixar's Inside Out will feature a "train of thought" that travels to "Imaginationland" which looks like Fantasyland, and Dream Production, as well as other "areas". Lasseter visited the Imagination Pavilion to take a look at the ride that is there, can't help but think that an Inside Out makeover would make sense.

Roger Rabbit . . . that film came out a while ago, and they didn't follow up with sequels, and the fan base probably isn't a tenth of what the princess fanbase is, or the fans of the newer Pixar/WDA films. I'm kinda thinking that it, and other areas of Toontown are kinda ripe for redevelopment.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Oh, the "railroad" may stay, but the trains being pulled by authentic steam locomotives is another matter entirely...and their removal has actually been considered...

A swift move to get them burning biodiesel staved off a push in that direction.

Of course, improperly-operated or maintained steam locomoties can be quite dangerous. One mishap--even a small one--could see their demise at DL.
    Electric trains would be just fine because there was electric stuff and people won't notice. It's not like Jiminy Cricket was ever really on any trains.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    The Matterhorn will probably stay, due to popularity, but they did consider tearing down the whole mountain and starting over given the conditio some of it was in, (rotted wood). It's just a relatively thin layer of concrete over mesh, wouldn't be that hard to take down despite the fact it looks like an immovable mountain.

Pixar's Inside Out will feature a "train of thought" that travels to "Imaginationland" which looks like Fantasyland, and Dream Production, as well as other "areas". Lasseter visited the Imagination Pavilion to take a look at the ride that is there, can't help but think that an Inside Out makeover would make sense.

Roger Rabbit . . . that film came out a while ago, and they didn't follow up with sequels, and the fan base probably isn't a tenth of what the princess fanbase is, or the fans of the newer Pixar/WDA films. I'm kinda thinking that it, and other areas of Toontown are kinda ripe for redevelopment.
    If it's based on popularity, then we are talking about a nice handfull of attractions here.

Indiana Jones

Haunted Mansion

Pirates

Splash Mountain

Space Mountain

Tiki room

Fantasmic

Peter Pan

Its a small world

Roger rabbit

Star Tours (although like the original it too could not become as interesting to some folks and decrease wait times will happen)

Matterhorn

and maybe some others i missed

Sure there probably isn't a big fanbase for roger rabbit because newer generation might not have seen the movie, that doesnt stop the lines from filling up the whole Q and going outside.

Same for splash mountain. I mean, how many people actually seen Song of the South? Not a lot, but yet that ride always has long lines.

I agree that nothing should be permanent at Disneyland. There is always room for change, improvement, and imagination.

Because it's cheaper to refurbish than to rebuild, we're likely to get more "reimagined" rides than new ones. And new technologies have made their way into nearly all the attractions. I remember when optic fiber effects were added to lots of rides to add sparkle. Next came the 3D glasses for everything. Then came the projection effects trend, when everything from animation to textures was projected onto surfaces. Lately, we've seen interactive digital effects worked into attractions- Buzz, Toy Story Mania, etc.

What I want to see is more of the innovation coming from inside Disney rather than effects being imported (borrowed, and stolen!) from elsewhere.

• The Pumpkin King

I think the main issue here is the limited amount of space there is availiable in Disneyland. I dont think its that people dont want newer rides/attractions and sch, but DLP already has SO many good ones at the park,

You have all of the "big" popular rides that a lot of people like. Indy, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Matterhorn etc..

But then you also have some of the dark fantasyland rides that we still have that WDW doesn't. So it would suck to lose those. Indy, only one other kind like ours. Its like a double edge sword.

For me personally, I would say to redo Mickey's Toontown. Maybe take out everything except for Roger Rabbit and make it part of Fantasyland. That would make more room for new Dark rides.

With tomorrowland, its a bit more tricky since the monorail track is in the way, but I think we all agree for the most part on what should go to make room for newer and better attractions.

I dunno, I always thought that DCA could have been just an expansion of Disneyland Park instead of a second gate.
    Last edited by White Bones; 08-30-2013 at 01:07 PM.

(First time poster, so hello.)

I would say most of Tomorrowland, if only for the core concept that it should always be moving forward hence the name.

I'd flat out say Innovations and offer that the whole pavilion should be like a time machine offering virtual experiences of rides and experiences of before. Sort of like the old Carousel of Progress but just of Disneyland's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Puck View Post
    (First time poster, so hello.)

I'd flat out say Innovations and offer that the whole pavilion should be like a time machine offering virtual experiences of rides and experiences of before. Sort of like the old Carousel of Progress but just of Disneyland's history.
    I would love this...a combination museum/air-conditioned retreat!
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Probably, none.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123