where to move DCA dance party if they build monster inc land?

If they end up building a monsters inc land in the backlot where should they move the DCA dance parties such as mad t party? Disney is making a ton of money off of these dance parties during the summer so i dont see them removing them anytime soon. Where would you like to see the party moved to or shoud it remain in a monsters inc land?

• Minion

Re: where to move DCA dance party if they build monster inc land?

I think the article stated that the parties would remain if this were to ever come to dca (which I'm doubtful about). But if they had to move, they could always put it in the Aladdin outside waiting area. Or if it fits the theme, up and down Hollywoodland again. They could also put them in DTD to add some nightlife.

• The doctor is in

I would get rid of the dance parties altogether, but I imagine they would have one that was Monsters Inc. or Monsters University themed. Either that or put something similar in DTD like imaginashton said.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• Minion

Maybe we should just get rid of them.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Maybe we should just get rid of them.
    I agree.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

My money is on a Monsters Themed Party once Monstropolis is complete. The night time dance parties just seem to popular to get rid of.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

There is no real place to move something that big. Maybe, they can shift the dance parties around a little to put the stage in the Aladdin show q. Putting it in downtown disney does not make sense for a few reasons. (1) it does not add things that DCA has to offer, (2) there is already live entertainment in DTD, (3) the loud music promotes the sales of alcohol and glow material in opposed to things that DTD has to offer, and (4) I might be confused about what night life means but there are bars and the house of blues in DTD isnt that nightlife?
    if ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed.

they should go where your username suggests, in the disney vault! and never come out.

put swing dancing in hollywoodland, its a perfect fit. maybe use half of the hyperion theater queue space when (if) that gets remodeled. or, if the backlot area is given a proper 1940s hollywood update instead of a monsters one, put it where that current outdoor stage is.

• Former Churro Jockey

I really can't think of anyplace else they can put it. They can't use Paradise Pier because of WOC, and there's not enough room in the rest of Hollywoodland, or Cars Land, or Bug's Land, or Condor Flats. They can't move it to Disneyland because they are not allowed to sell alcohol there, so Downtown Disney would probably be the only option. However, I think Mad T Party is probably nearing the end of it's run, so maybe they'll just give it a rest during the construction, and then bring it back when Monstropolis opens. Maybe they'll even build the new mini-land with a night dance party in mind and add some upgraded effects. I'd really love to see both Disneyland and DCA have their own "flex space" where they can have any kind of temporary event that they want without intruding on existing lands and themes, but as is always the case at the resort, there really isn't room (at least at DCA).
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Parking Lot > DCA

Yeah, can them.

They were only put there to attract people to a desolate part of the park and if/when a Monstropolis area opens, a party won't be needed to do that anymore.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    Disney is making a ton of money off of these dance parties during the summer so i dont see them removing them anytime soon.
    Do you have a source that indicates that they are making a “ton of money”, or is this speculation? I don’t think many are going there strictly for the dance parties, so that would rule out any extra money at the gate. That leaves food and beverage sales at the party, and after the expenses of the workers, band members, lighting techs, props and equipment are figured in I can’t see them being left with that much. Surely, it must be some kind of profit because they keep the parties around, but I would be surprised if it is a substantial form of revenue.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Do you have a source that indicates that they are making a “ton of money”, or is this speculation? I don’t think many are going there strictly for the dance parties, so that would rule out any extra money at the gate. That leaves food and beverage sales at the party, and after the expenses of the workers, band members, lighting techs, props and equipment are figured in I can’t see them being left with that much. Surely, it must be some kind of profit because they keep the parties around, but I would be surprised if it is a substantial form of revenue.
    It was in an old article from Al when he said how much money the drink sales bring in.