Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• First star to the right..

Smile Stories of recent Disney Magic?

So quit a few years ago (like 4+) there used to be weekly threads on Disney Magic. How some little girls day was made by meeting a princess, or some other RAoK (Random Act of Kindness).

I'm tired of all the complaining on this site, I miss those stories that made me really want to go back to Dland! So does anyone have any recent stories of Disney Magic they would like to share?

• Evil is Sexy

Re: Stories of recent Disney Magic?

The last week of July, we were there with my in-laws and we (Me, Husband and Bro-in-law) wanted to check out Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, but had to be back at DCA soon to line up for the first showing of WoC. We wandered over to ToonTown and the sign for the ride said 55 minutes. We looked at the line and thought... pft. Sign must be wrong, we can see the loading area.

Oh no. We now have learned about the Deceptional Tunnel of Doom in that queue.

Luckily, a very lovely young CM was there at the loading area and overheard us discuss whether we should try to tough it out or go. We only have 45 minutes to hoof it back to meet up with the rest of our family. She came over to us and whispered "Stay right here. I'll make some magic for you." She wandered away and came back a few minutes later, opening the gate right there and letting us in on the next cab.

So we finally got to ride the last dark ride in Disneyland on our list because of her. We thanked her and the other CM's and ran off to City Hall before we crossed the prominade to DCA to let them know that we appreciated her small act.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Evil is Sexy

OH! And the morning before, we were getting off of Nemo's Submarines when an older cast member stopped my Father-in-law and spoke to him briefly about his hat. My husband recently gifted him with a hat from the ship he is currently serving on. Dad was wearing it. When the cast member found out Dad was former Navy, he gave him an "Honorary Citizen" pin. Dad couldn't stop smiling all morning.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Awesome! Great story!

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    When the cast member found out Dad was former Navy, he gave him an "Honorary Citizen" pin. Dad couldn't stop smiling all morning.
    Aww that made me smile really, really big when I read that!!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

We were up there in late July. On the last day, my husband discovered that he left his 3-day ticket in the pocket of the pants he'd worn the day before, when we'd already gotten to the gate. He had to go back to the hotel for it, while the rest of us entered DCA and got fast passes for RSR. All morning, I wondered how we were going to work RSR when one of us did not have a fast pass, and only two are allowed to go in on a baby-swap pass.

Confiding my problem to the CM upon fast-pass check-in at RSR when it was our time, she quickly wrote "2-fer" on the fast-pass. All 5 of us went in, and one of us (me) got the baby-swap. So we all got to ride, despite my husband not having a fast pass for RSR.

Disney magic! And yes, I wrote a compliment at City Hall for that CM. I didn't detail exactly what she'd done, so that I wouldn't get her in trouble, but I did say that she rectified a tough situation easily for us, and we went away very happy Disney fans.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

It's about a year old, but it's one of the most memorable RaoK I've had at Disneyland.

In August of 2012, I got a 5-day pass to the parks, to correspond with the weekend event of the Destination D event at the Disneyland Hotel.

My biggest reason for the pass was to try out Cars Land that summer. After 2 days in just DCA, I had ridden the ride over 6 times.

On my final evening in DCA, I couldn't help hanging around Radiator Springs, just marveling at the lights as the park prepared to close around 10pm. I was hanging around by the entrance to RSR, and started talking with what I can only assume was a Senior CM (he was dressed in a white dress-shirt and tie, slacks, etc).

We got to discussing Pixar, John Lasseter, as well as how much I really loved Cars (I have 250 of the Mattel Die-Cast, and got to ask John L a question for JimHillMedia at the 2006 Cars Premiere). I had mentioned how much I loved RSR, and had ridden it 6 times in the last few days.

As we were talking, the CM looked around, reached into a little box near the entrance, and gave me a ride-pass:

"Here, have a seventh ride on me," he said.

It was like I had shot back down to being 8-years-old again, and I happily thanked him, and power-walked down the twisting lanes that had previously been closed off. I was one of the last to ride it that night, but it was a great way to end my last evening in DCA that trip.

I did thank the CM after I exited the ride as well, before quietly making my way up and off The Mother Road.

• film975

My family and I went to Mickey's Halloween Party last year. There were seven of us all together in our group. So we decided to go as the Seven Dwarfs. Of course, getting a picture with Snow White herself was a must. This was back before the new Fantasy Faire opened. So we had to wait in line at the Small World Mall. She saw us waiting in line just as she had to get ready for the Halloween parade. But she was really impressed by our costumes and waited just for us until we finally got up to her. It was the coolest moment we ever had with a Disney Princess ever.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

I am more of a Disneyland person, but one of my favorite Disney Magic moments was actually across the country.

My family and I went to the Magic Kingdom for the first time on a late night, and where did we go first? The Country Bear Jamboree. I had not seen it since it departed from DL in 2001. And even though it was only a mere 6 years later at the time, it was still great to be reunited with an old friend. When we entered into a slightly empty lobby, probably 2 or 3 other groups there. The cast member there was very talkative with us, probably because the others were there just to relax until they were let in.

Anyways, I found that she and I both had something in common. I loved the Bears, but ours had been evicted by Pooh. She loved Mr. Toad, but hers was evicted by Pooh. We were immediately clicked right then and there. As if that wasn't enough, when we finally sat down right in the middle, she invited me to the box and had me introduce the show. My excitement was BEYOND skyrocketing. She had me wake up Buff, and throughout the entire show, it was nostalgic overload in a great sense.

Afterwards, I was able to be named Sheriff for the night (I was 12 at the time on a first time to WDW, who can blame me?), and was able to get a bit of "after show" time to see the bears backstage. She knew what this meant to me, as she knew the same "pain" we went through with a certain OTHER bear. I promised her that if I found anything Toad-related back at home, I would send it to her. Unfortunately, it took about a good year until I came across a simple pin, and by then, I had forgotten her name. But overall, this experience was just a real piece of Disney Magic.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

This is last year, but highly appropriate.

I was working from home on the day before my daughter's 3rd birthday when my boss called to tell me that the shop would be closed the next day. I called my wife over and told her saying, we were planning to go to Disneyland that following weekend, why not the next day instead? We started planning, then I got an idea - it was Thursday and I bet I could find us a hotel room so we could skip the drive the next morning. I called the Disney hotels to see if any rooms were available. A room in the Paradise Pier was available for $139. We started packing. Two hours later we were in the car and off to Anaheim.

When we got to the hotel at check in they gave my daughter a crown, an autographed picture of the princesses, three balloons, a Happy Birthday Button, and all of us 2 anywhere/anytime fast passes. Then they asked if there was anything else they could do. I jokingly asked - Wanna upgrade us to a suite? The woman behind the desk said "Hold on" and disappeared in the back room. My wife looked at me quizzingly.

The woman returned from the back with the shift manager who said to my daughter, "Hi there sweetie. It's your birthday? Happy Birthday!" Then he turned to me and handed me my keys saying "I've upgraded you to a suite on the top floor overlooking the World of Color show which starts in 10 minutes. You will be able to watch the entire thing from your windows. Is there anything else I can do?" I was floored. Could not believe it. I said no, thanked him and the woman at the desk profusely and took the family upstairs.

I opened the door to the suite, and it was more than I imagined. A Huge space with a full dining room, living room with 50 inch LCD and Surround Sound, a kitchen (no stove but all the other amenities), 1.5 baths, and a master suite that rivaled all other suites I've ever stayed in. My daughter ran around the space literally for 20 minutes climbing and playing with everything. In the middle of that the front desk called up and asked how the room was and told us to turn on the tv to channel 999 to get all the audio for World of Color which was about to start. That was cool. So we turned off the lights and watched World of Color from our room.

The next morning we had breakfast brought to the room and had my daughter open a few gifts before heading off to the parks. I wrote a very complimentary review of the entire experience with the staff's names and passed it onto the folks at Disneyland. Truly a once in a lifetime event that my family and I will never forget.

Great stories! Keep them coming!

Last February, I went to Disneyland with 3 of my friends, one of which was (now with the cruise lines) a CM at the Disney Store in Scotland; her and I were gushing over the Disney Gallery and we got chatting with a CM there, my friend mentioned that she had a chance to ride everything she wanted to ride except Nemo, the CM said "Hold on a minute" and she disappeared into a door beside Great Moments with Mr Lincoln and emerged with 2 (for all of us) anytime/anywhere FastPasses! We were all ecstatic. We got to ride Finding Nemo and Toy Story Mania thanks to this wonderful CM.

I love that it pays to be a total fangirl/fanboy at Disneyland!

I love the happy threads! Love hearing the stories.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Dobby, training toward his first visit, is starting to think he might like this Magic Kingdom place...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

When my Mom and I went to Disneyland in May, we decided to go on the Mark Twain. While we were climbing on to the riverboat one of the CMs asked me "How many were in my party?" I replied just my mom and I and she then asked "If we would like to captain the Mark Twain. I said yes let me grab my mom and I told her what just happen, She was so excited because it was one of my Mom's and Dad's favorite thing to do when they would visit before he passed away. After the ride around the Rivers of America we were given captain certificates and anytime anywhere fastpass. We decided to use it on the Jungle Cruise because we love the classics after we showed it to the Cast member he gave it back to us and told us to go ahead and use this on another ride. Either he was feeling generous or probably thought why would any one use this on the Jungle Cruise but it made our last day at the park extra special.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast