View Poll Results: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Five Minute Park Tour Called " A Walk In Michael Eisners Footsteps"

1 7.14%
  • Replacement of Captain EO with "Captain Me-Oh!"

0 0%
  • Add "Money and Michael" statue beside Mickey and Walt statue in the Hub

3 21.43%
  • Add new "One Man's Scheme" attraction to Main Street

5 35.71%
  • Place a Michel Eisner Pirate chacter im Pirates of the Carribbean

3 21.43%
  • Create Mad Micharl Hatter character to meet park guests with Alice

0 0%
  • Replace Tom Morrow with Eisber AA that sings It's My Bank Big Beautiful Tomorrow

0 0%
  • Have a Michael look-alike fly over the Castle during fiireworks

2 14.29%
  • Create a Michel EYEsner hologram to scare guests on Monsters Inc. ride

5 35.71%
  • Add a "Michael Billy" to Billy Hill and the Hillbillies

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Seasick

Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendez View Post
    If no one wants to solely credit Eisner for revitalizing Disney then we can't really solely blame him either.
    Good point. A lot of people want to ignore the good he did, focus on what he did wrong, and conclude that he was 100% bad for the company.

He overstayed his welcome for sure, but the Disney company and theme parks we know today may not have survived had it not been for him.

Plenty to criticize, but let's give the man his due as well.

I always envisioned a Dark Ride called "The Madness of King Michael," where animatronics would tell his story of being brought in by Roy, the hiring of Katzenberg and Wells, the rise of the studio again, before the power struggles, and the mantra during Eisner's last years of "Everything is marketable."

maybe a scene of animatronic executives watching figures wheel out the old animation desks, crying out "Michael proclaims CG is where the money/future is at!"

• Blew By You

A person does have his/her sides. That is Michael Eisner. His dark side nearly ruined Disney. That overshadowed his accomplishments. So, no nothing for him.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MWH1980 View Post
    I always envisioned a Dark Ride called "The Madness of King Michael," where animatronics would tell his story of being brought in by Roy, the hiring of Katzenberg and Wells, the rise of the studio again, before the power struggles, and the mantra during Eisner's last years of "Everything is marketable."

maybe a scene of animatronic executives watching figures wheel out the old animation desks, crying out "Michael proclaims CG is where the money/future is at!"
    The Madness of King Michael sounds like one cool ride that I am sure that the majority of Imagineers would be gleeful to have the opportunity to work on, if they could. As I consider Michael more of a charicature than a real person. The ride would provide the general Disney park guest populace a repreve from the world beyond the berm that is dominated by empty suited ego-freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    A person does have his/her sides. That is Michael Eisner. His dark side nearly ruined Disney. That overshadowed his accomplishments. So, no nothing for him.
    Well put. Eisner did produce some solid accomplishments. But they only occurred because he had tons of money to work with....even when Disney was in decline. Disney could have done far worse had Michael not been at the helm. However, I very much agree that his accomplishments were dwarfed by inept failures. He would have taken the company down, and it was time for him to go. The spirit of Walt towers over Eisnerd.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Madness of King Michael sounds like one cool ride that I am sure that the majority of Imagineers would be gleeful to have the opportunity to work on, if they could. As I consider Michael more of a charicature than a real person. The ride would provide the general Disney park guest populace a repreve from the world beyond the berm that is dominated by empty suited ego-freaks.
    I was speculating more on it, and you could also apply the 'Madness' storyline to:

-the windows of the Emporium

- work out ride vehicles on the old Peoplemover, and have the scenes play out in each of the different buildings.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Mendez View Post
    When I read DisneyWar, I wanted desperately to dislike Michael Eisner. But the perfect group of people: Eisner, Wells, Katzenberg, and Roy E. should all share the credit of revitalizing Disney in the 80s/90s. Plus people like Howard Ashman, Peter Schneider, Dick Cook and Lasseter helped create the Disney Renaissance.

If no one wants to solely credit Eisner for revitalizing Disney then we can't really solely blame him either.
    Very good/uniquely expressed point Mendez. The team of Eisner, Wells, Katzenberg, and Roy E are to be credited for turning the company around (taking the company out of the disastrous hands of Walt's son-in-law Ron Miller}. But still , it is CEO/Chairman of the Board dictator Eisner that became the new dysfunctional Miller. That said, I also agree wholeheartedly that it is creative, level headed people like Howard Ashman, Peter Schneider, Dick Cook and John Lasseter that represent the Disney Renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Frank Wells was the REAL hero behind whatever some think Mr. Ei$ner did. So don't feel so obligated to defend the villain. After poor Frank was gone, Mr. Ei$ner's TRUE colors began to show. He was a terrible man who doesn't deserve the slightest bit of defending by anyone.

ORWEN: Frank Wells, on the other hand, was wonderful! It's so sad he died so soon.
    Absolutely right sisters. Frank Wells kept Eisner's "soul-less flaws" side from dominating Disney into the abyss.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Without Frank Wells at his side, Michael Eisner proved himself to be a detriment to the Walt Disney Company. Any good credited to Michael, really belongs to Roy and Frank.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Without Frank Wells at his side, Michael Eisner proved himself to be a detriment to the Walt Disney Company. Any good credited to Michael, really belongs to Roy and Frank.
    I wholeheartedly concur Aladdin. BTW, I love your avatar pic of Aladdin and Genie,,,,or is that Robin Williams turning blue because he missed out on munching down a Snickers bar?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234