View Poll Results: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Five Minute Park Tour Called " A Walk In Michael Eisners Footsteps"

    1 7.14%
  • Replacement of Captain EO with "Captain Me-Oh!"

    0 0%
  • Add "Money and Michael" statue beside Mickey and Walt statue in the Hub

    3 21.43%
  • Add new "One Man's Scheme" attraction to Main Street

    5 35.71%
  • Place a Michel Eisner Pirate chacter im Pirates of the Carribbean

    3 21.43%
  • Create Mad Micharl Hatter character to meet park guests with Alice

    0 0%
  • Replace Tom Morrow with Eisber AA that sings It's My Bank Big Beautiful Tomorrow

    0 0%
  • Have a Michael look-alike fly over the Castle during fiireworks

    2 14.29%
  • Create a Michel EYEsner hologram to scare guests on Monsters Inc. ride

    5 35.71%
  • Add a "Michael Billy" to Billy Hill and the Hillbillies

    2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    What kind of Disneyland tribute would be best suited for the iconic big cheese? I'm thinking that perhaps a new DL tour should be created. They could call it "A Walk In Michael Eisner's Footsteps". The tour would highlight everything that Michael had done for the park, and the beauty is the tour would only take about five minutes.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,722

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    on all of the cash registers, but save some room for Iger

  3. #3

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    on all of the cash registers, but save some room for Iger
    Great idea! We'll place the smiling faces of both Michael and Iger on each of the cash registers. Each time a transaction is completed, Michael and Iger would say thank you in unison.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    516

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    Oh, look, another bash Eisner thread.



    The Disneyland Resort would not be what it is today if it weren't for him. You can thank him for the following additions:

    Indiana Jones
    Splash Mountain
    Toon Town.
    Soarin
    California Screamin
    New Fantasy Land (Disneyland)
    DownTown Disney.
    Transforming the area surrounding Disneyland into a more resort feel.
    Transforming Disneyland into a Resort.


    Sure he made some mistakes, but the man did more good than bad in my book. He deserves more respect among fans.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    352

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    How about something in DCA - leave. A part of DCA 1 as a tribute and reminder to the future

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    140

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    Why bash Michael Eisner? I don't get it.

    When Eisner took over Disney, it was a company on the verge of collapse, according to many at the time. Their movie division was a mess. They hadn't had a hit film in years. (Remember "The Black Hole"?) Their theme parks were not in very good shape. (Disneyland was closed every Monday and Tuesday.) And worse of all, the term "Mickey Mouse" was used by many as a negative - as in "That's so lame. It's totally Mickey Mouse."

    Michael Eisner revitalized the Disney company and the Disney brand.

    He made Mickey Mouse hip again.
    He expanded the movie division and started producing hit films.
    He brought back animation and made classics like "Beauty and The Beast" and "Lion King".
    He acquired cable and broadcast TV networks including ESPN and ABC.
    He brought prestige back to the theme parks by making them premium experiences at premium prices.
    He expanded Disney World by adding two new theme parks and lots of hotels.
    He added lots of exciting new rides to Disneyland.
    He forged a creative alliance with George Lucas which resulted in two amazing theme park rides and, ultimately, the purchase of the entire Stars Wars franchise.
    He forged a creative alliance with Pixar which resulted in the merger of these two creative powerhouses.
    He expanded the company into entirely new areas including publishing, sports, and real estate.

    In short, Eisner grew the company from a flailing corporation grossing about one hundred million dollars a year into a huge global corporation worth billions and billions of dollars. It is now the world's largest media company.

    In his later years, Eisner certainly made some big mistakes, such as the cheap execution of DCA. But the truth is that, in the long run, Michael Eisner saved Disney and transformed it into the giant it is today.

    So why bash him?
    Last edited by evergreen; 08-29-2013 at 01:48 AM.

  7. #7

    • Evil is Sexy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California, United States
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    Why bash Michael Eisner? I don't get it.

    When Eisner took over Disney, it was a company on the verge of collapse, according to many at the time. Their movie division was a mess. They hadn't had a hit film in years. (Remember "The Black Hole"?) Their theme parks were not in very good shape. (Disneyland was closed every Monday and Tuesday.) And worse of all, the term "Mickey Mouse" was used by many as a negative - as in "That's so lame. It's totally Mickey Mouse."

    Michael Eisner revitalized the Disney company and the Disney brand.

    He made Mickey Mouse hip again.
    He expanded the movie division and started producing hit films.
    He brought back animation and made classics like "Beauty and The Beast" and "Lion King".
    He acquired cable and broadcast TV networks including ESPN and ABC.
    He brought prestige back to the theme parks by making them premium experiences at premium prices.
    He expanded Disney World by adding two new theme parks and lots of hotels.
    He added lots of exciting new rides to Disneyland.
    He forged a creative alliance with George Lucas which resulted in two amazing theme park rides and, ultimately, the purchase of the entire Stars Wars franchise.
    He forged a creative alliance with Pixar which resulted in the merger of these two creative powerhouses.
    He expanded the company into entirely new areas including publishing, sports, and real estate.

    In short, Eisner grew the company from a flailing corporation grossing about one hundred million dollars a year into a huge global corporation worth billions and billions of dollars. It is now the world's largest media company.

    In his later years, Eisner certainly made some big mistakes, such as the cheap execution of DCA. But the truth is that, in the long run, Michael Eisner saved Disney and transformed it into the giant it is today.

    So why bash him?
    This. Mr. Eisner is a hero in our household. He's also the man I grew up watching on Wonderful World of Disney. If it weren't for him, that program would have been cancelled long before it was.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

    Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

  8. #8

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    During Eisner's watch, A few significant attractions got green lighted....part of them (such as Splash Mountain) started and developed by Walt. Soarin' was the only innovative quality ride in all of DCA and theme park maintenance was on the wane everywhere.

    The man spent monetary resources taking the emphasis away from theme parks and quality Disney movies Save Disney led by Roy Disney (and bolstered by MiceAge/MjceChat Al Lutz) led to Eisner losing total control of the Company as CEO and Chairman of the Board. He once said that he was not Mickey Mouse, demonstrating how goofy he really was.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  9. #9

    • Special Agent
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    What part of Splash Mountain did Walt work on? If I remember right, he died two years before the log flume ride was invented.

  10. #10

    • Your Nemesis
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    132

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Great idea! We'll place the smiling faces of both Michael and Iger on each of the cash registers. Each time a transaction is completed, Michael and Iger would say thank you in unison.
    They should say it in harmony, like a song. Much more magical that way.
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

  11. #11

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    What part of Splash Mountain did Walt work on? If I remember right, he died two years before the log flume ride was invented.
    The ride was in its early planning stages before Walt died.


    Originally Posted by Ride Warrior Great idea! We'll place the smiling faces of both Michael and Iger on each of the cash registers. Each time a transaction is completed, Michael and Iger would say thank you in unison

    Quote Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
    They should say it in harmony, like a song. Much more magical that way.


    Love it! Money wouldn't just talk; it would sing.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  12. #12

    • Special Agent
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    What part of the ride specifically? Do you have a source for this?

    I'm just wondering because I can't imagine what part would have been in development that far back. The Log Ride was the first log flume and that was built in 1969, and the characters were all borrowed from America Sings which opened in 75 or 76.

    Either way, Eisner was responsible for actually getting the thing built and open.

  13. #13

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,640

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    ....part of them (such as Splash Mountain) started and developed by Walt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The ride was in its early planning stages before Walt died.
    Ummmmm.... no. Walt had absolutely no involvement with Splash Mountain, which opened over 20 years after his death. The last attractions to open which Walt had some (minor) involvement with were Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Country Bear Jamboree.

    A log flume attraction wasn't considered for Disneyland for many years because "every theme park had one." Operations guy Dick Nunis pushed for a log flume attraction, and Tony Baxter came up with the idea of doing one based on the Song of the South with the left over AA figures from America Sings. Walt had absolutely zero involvement.

  14. #14

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Ummmmm.... no. Walt had absolutely no involvement with Splash Mountain, which opened over 20 years after his death. The last attractions to open which Walt had some (minor) involvement with were Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Country Bear Jamboree.

    A log flume attraction wasn't considered for Disneyland for many years because "every theme park had one." Operations guy Dick Nunis pushed for a log flume attraction, and Tony Baxter came up with the idea of doing one based on the Song of the South with the left over AA figures from America Sings. Walt had absolutely zero involvement.
    That would definitely set Walt too far away to have had anything to do with Splash Mountain, apart from having produced Uncle Remus. Tony is almost like the son of Walt....an amazing creative genius in his own right. Splash Mountain raised the bar on log rides and dark rides. Thanks for the info disneylandfan.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  15. #15

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Best Suited Disneyland Tribute To Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    What part of the ride specifically? Do you have a source for this?

    I'm just wondering because I can't imagine what part would have been in development that far back. The Log Ride was the first log flume and that was built in 1969, and the characters were all borrowed from America Sings which opened in 75 or 76.

    Either way, Eisner was responsible for actually getting the thing built and open.
    You can credit Tony Baxter for that. From what I've heard, the last time that Eisner visited Disneyland, he barely knew where he was. He didn't even know that the guns had been taken away from the Jungle Cruise skippers at the time....after having asked one of the skips about them. The cm's didn't like him much.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Best Attractions To Dedicate In Tribute To Former "Big Cheese" Michael Eisner
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 08:57 AM
  2. Disney CEO Visits HK Disneyland, People's Daily,2006-7-20
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 12:28 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 09:52 AM
  4. Pressler new Disney CEO??
    By dlfan1313 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 02:56 PM
  5. Who would YOU vote for Disney CEO?
    By Club 33 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 11:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •