•   
    • Minion

Are the Esplanade/Downtown Disney open all night?

Quick question for those in the know...do the Esplanade and Downtown Disney ever close? I know the shops close, but I'm asking about the physical area. Reason being: I'm doing something with the Half Marathon this weekend and I'll need to walk over (the shuttles won't be running yet - and the shuttles only take you as far as the East Esplanade anyway) from Harbor to the Disneyland Hotel fairly early in the morning. Can you walk through at, say, 3am? And is it safe?
    Last edited by Malina; 08-28-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Re: Are the Esplanade/Downtown Disney open all night?

No the actual areas never close when they have to do work on something like power washing or painting or cement work they rope it off and just work in the open. Im not sure how the reclose the esplanade for security or how that works but both areas are open 24 hours but are just unstaffed. (including the restrooms in DtD and the esplanade.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   
    • Minion

Thank you!! It's good to know I'll be able to get across the Esplanade to the hotel.

I'm guessing they do work in the area all night? If it's unstaffed I am a little concerned about safety and creepers that might hang out there...if they constantly have work or cleaning crews I'm less worried there.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Thank you!! It's good to know I'll be able to get across the Esplanade to the hotel.

I'm guessing they do work in the area all night? If it's unstaffed I am a little concerned about safety and creepers that might hang out there...if they constantly have work or cleaning crews I'm less worried there.

they clean all night. and its pretty neat if you look into DL you can see trucks on main street. My fiance and I wanted to be the 1st ones there last time we went so we got in line at 4 am. After about a half hour someone asked us to leave. No big deal. we walked to through downtown to the disneyland hotel. saw the cool stuff they had on display and were still one of the 1st people in the park. its pretty cool down there so late at night.