Thread: Validating AP's

Validating AP's

We bought our AP's a few months ago and will be visiting the parks this fall sometime.

I know the confirmation sheets say that you can bring them to the turnstiles and they will give you a paper ticket that you must later take to the ticket booth for your plastic card.

But why not just go to the ticket booth and skip the paper ticket part? What am I missing here?
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Evil is Sexy

Re: Validating AP's

We went to the ticket booth first, with our reciept for the AP's in hand. They handed us our cards after a little data entry and once at the turnstiles they took our photo and linked it to the cards. I dunno why anyone would do it another way.

Of course, we bought ours through the MWR here in San Diego, so maybe that's why it is different.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Also a tip that I definitely didn't know about that could help. I recently got my AP, and I parked at the Toy Story lot--they have portable ticket booths there, and they were able to provide me my hard card AP in under 5 minutes, first thing in the morning. It was great, and so much easier to deal with than going to a ticket book on the esplanade!

(Also been a long time lurker on here, and making my first post. fff scary)

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    We went to the ticket booth first, with our reciept for the AP's in hand. They handed us our cards after a little data entry and once at the turnstiles they took our photo and linked it to the cards. I dunno why anyone would do it another way.

Of course, we bought ours through the MWR here in San Diego, so maybe that's why it is different.
    The only reason I can think of is if the ticket booth lines are super long when you are ready to enter the parks. But you would have to wait in that line sooner or later, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bettiebloodshed View Post
    Also a tip that I definitely didn't know about that could help. I recently got my AP, and I parked at the Toy Story lot--they have portable ticket booths there, and they were able to provide me my hard card AP in under 5 minutes, first thing in the morning. It was great, and so much easier to deal with than going to a ticket book on the esplanade!

That's a great tip...thanks bettie!

We have never used the Toy Story parking lot but we will be staying close to it on our next visit so we will probably just walk there, get our AP's, and ride the bus and see how it goes. We usually park in Mickey and Friends but since we will be so close to TS, we may as well give it a try.

Ahhh don't be scared. I don't post a lot, but this is a great place to give and receive some good info! Welcome!
    Last edited by GraceLovesGoofy; 08-29-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    The only reason I can think of is if the ticket booth lines are super long when you are ready to enter the parks. But you would have to wait in that line sooner or later, right?

They want you out of the morning ticket lines. Most people that are in the morning ticket lines are there for one day only, and Disney wants that line to move as quick as possible.

The lines in the afternoon are non existent at the ticket booths, especially the Harbor Boulevard side.

We bought our AP's a few months ago and will be visiting the parks this fall sometime.
    One thing you will want to be sure of though it to check the expiration date on your AP before they issue it.

We bought AP vouchers before that large increase in May 2012 knowing we were going to visit in August of that year. We did the exchange at the ticket booth for our AP cards and when the CM gave us the paperwork to review, verify, and sign, the expiration date for the APs was showing as May (a year from the date of the voucher purchase). I was already aware and on the look out for the date issue. I pointed out the date problem to the CM and she updated the AP expiration date so it correctly reflected one year from the activation date. She did have to call a lead over for an authorization code, but it was a quick fix.

• Science Factual

Have yr IDs with ya the first day or so. It takes a bit for yr pic to get loaded on to yr card.

• The Tomorrowland One

That is the idea. You already have your admission in hand, go in now. When you come out later, the lines are generally shorter than the morning rush, so less time spent waiting.

And from a business perspective, it helps even out the guest flow and demand on the ticket booth staffing.

Quote Originally Posted by bettiebloodshed View Post

One thing to note is the portable ticket booths in the Toy Story lot are only open when they anticipate they will be very busy. All summer they are open. However, if you are there on a Wednesday morning in September, there's a good chance the portable ticket boots will not be up and running. Of course, the lines will probably be short at the regular booths, in this scenario.

All good info. Thanks everyone!

We will be arriving at the parks in the late morning, so after we check in we will probably head for the ticket booths and get our regular AP's. Unless of course, the lines are a mile long! Probably not though in early November.