Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Will Disney ever top Fantasmic?

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Disney Dreams in Paris gives F! a run for its money, I will say that. F! may never be eclipsed in people's estimations because of the nostalgia (it's now a show people have grown up with, after all), but I'd put Dreams right up there with it.
    There may be some technological advances that come along with new shows. And I've seen Disney Dreams in Paris more than once.

But nothing compares with the heart and soul and mastery of Fantasmic - which was beautifully and elequently described in the original post.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Fantasmic not only being a Night time spectacular (which imo are the best shows), but it also has all our favorite classic Disney characters, great music, a strong start and finish. Also there's fire, fireworks, colorful water, lasers. The show is truely magical.

I guess in some sense you could maybe say Fantasmic is the perfect show.

Although many here will disagree with that statement lol.
    I call it "the best thing about Disneyland" to first time guests.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    There may be some technological advances that come along with new shows. And I've seen Disney Dreams in Paris more than once.

But nothing compares with the heart and soul and mastery of Fantasmic - which was beautifully and elequently described in the original post.
    My thoughts exactly.

Nobody seems to have mentioned "celebrate" ?

• Disneyland 19 year APH

To answer the original prompt, yes and I hope the crush Fantasmic because imo Fantasmic is the best show out of the US parks, its got heart, soul, really good music, and a huge dragon that breaths fire, but if entertainment can create a show that does all that and more ... is the true definition of what the job of Imagineering is. I am a huge fan and Fantasmic and how big of a fan I am... I was at WOD last week looking for the new album and not finding it picked up a Fantasmic Album that was just sitting on the shelf just because (I was going to buy both once I saw it) also (picking up my Fantasmic 20 anniversary sweeter but not putting it on...its to hot) got my self one of the cool Fantasmic sweeter from an AP event last year. I say if TDA has a show that can beat out Fantasmic than bring it on. (...while they are at the could fix WDW version so it works...)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Hopefully, they will top it with three or four feet of cement. And maybe a couple of feet of river water.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Hopefully, they will top it with three or four feet of cement. And maybe a couple of feet of river water.
    Avast! My sentiments exactly. A massive part of the charm of Disneyland was eviscerated when that abomination called Fantascrap! intruded on the most romantic and evocative area of the Park.

• I'm from Canada eh!

I love F! but hate the viewing area.

I think I love Fantasmic and WoC equally, but I will say this about Fantasmic: they need to upgrade the projectors! The images on the water at WoC are by far higher quality- it makes the Fantasmic projections look super fuzzy in comparison. On the other hand, I love the all the watercraft and characters in Fantasmic, especially the caterpillar/snake. I don't know why, it's always been my favorite!

However, for the make-me-cry-every-single-freaking-year factor, I turn to the moment in Believe in Holiday Magic where White Christmas starts playing and the snow starts to fall. Sob!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Avast! My sentiments exactly. A massive part of the charm of Disneyland was eviscerated when that abomination called Fantascrap! intruded on the most romantic and evocative area of the Park.
    That's another argument; I think part of the show's "magic", to use an over-used term... Is how it comes out of nowhere and quietly disappears.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I had assumed you were buried like Hoffa, how've you been?

•   

That's another argument; I think part of the show's "magic", to use an over-used term... Is how it comes out of nowhere and quietly disappears.
    I find it difficult to believe that F! does anything quietly.

I had assumed you were buried like Hoffa, how've you been?
    Like Hoffa, I'm still around. It's part of my "magic"--I come out of nowhere and quietly disappear...

Good to see both the old and the new guard still defending their posts (literally and figuratively).

• Closed Account

To my eyes, it's never completely "gone." That scarred portion of TSI is a constant reminder.

•   

Even though most everyone on the boards has heard my foamer ravings about F!, I will say that Disney deserves credit for having gone to great lengths to hide the permanent infrastructure of the show; to camouflage it from the eyes of Frontierland guests. Which to me suggests that Disney believes F! doesn't belong there any more than I do.

But this isn't an F! debate, so apologies to the OP for the slightly off-topic ramble. The question was will they top it, not will they drop it.

I like how it centers on Mickey Mouse/Sorcerer's Apprentice/Walt's alter ego. Without that "imagination" we wouldn't have any of this today so when Mickey's conducting the fireworks at the end, I think, "yep, it's still here."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast