Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Will Disney ever top Fantasmic?

I also much prefer WoC to Fantasmic...but the viewing area is absolutely horrible!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    i'd say the main street electrical parade comes pretty darn close
    This.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Former Churro Jockey

Maybe I had to work on Main St during the MSEP Farewell Season one too many times, but to me MSEP and Fantasmic are not even in the same league. I mean, MSEP is pretty and the music is catchy but irritating but fun all at the same time. But Fantasmic has an actual story and a climax and a fire-breathing dragon and fireworks and actual good music. To this day 21 years later Fantasmic still gets a standing ovation every single night.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Maybe.....the tech for sure has improved but WOC has some very very slow parts....and feels more like an Ad then Fantasmic which feels more like a Stage show with a giant fire breathing dragon, laser, classic characters and songs and its a fun little adventure....

WOC to me is beautiful, breath taking and fun at some parts but....other parts I just think they stay too long on one series and should just move on...but to each there own...its like Remember most people agree they were the best fireworks but others disagree

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    To this day 21 years later Fantasmic still gets a standing ovation every single night.
    MSEP closed down the 5 freeway when they announced it's last days. Let's see if Fantasmic has the same affect.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    Nobody seems to have mentioned "celebrate" ?
    That is something in the past that most of us want to forget that was associated with the "What Will You Celebrate?" Campaign. It seems to be a bad mark on the Disneyland Parade History, like "Light Magic." We just don't want to talk about it.It just brings bad memories and bad spirits.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Singing Drinker

"Remember" blew past "Fantasmic" for me by miles. Fantasmic's a fun show - lots of energy, simple and easily communicated Schoolhouse Rocks approved message, plenty of effects. RDCT had me bawling watching it - the sheer rush of the fireworks and ground level effects combined with rides drawn out of my memory and brought back for a last bow at the parks was lethal.

Fantasmic's going to have nostalgia draw, but it's still a show that can easily be surpassed. It'd be extremely expensive to do right, though. For that reason I don't see it happening until after someone else outdoes Fantasmic in it's own format.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The 50th parade and fireworks also had heart and soul.

They were great, but Fantasmic has all that and so much more.

What makes Fantasmic work for me, is you have multiple elements going into the making of this show:

Costumed characters
    Giant water screens
    Full-size props
    Lasers
    Freworks
    Fire
    Animatronics

It's like those films that use every available technique to tell a story, and that I think makes it such a great show.

though as I'm no longer little, I usually stand at the back of the performances. My time for sitting was in 1993, and 1995. I'm usually trying to be conscious of other families and kids around me, as this may be their first time seeing the show. Maybe something will spark a memory inside them.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's all that, but it's this crazy dream that comes out of nowhere and leads you through your imagination.

F! and WoC are really two different shows. F! has more elements to it: fountains, pyro, lasers, fog/smoke, props, and a kick a$$ dragon. WoC has amazing fountains that, truth be told, put the fountains in F! away. I think Disney really needs to upgrade F!'s fountains as they are really showing their age when compared to WoC.

Both shows are the best in what they do. F! DL is the best of all three IMO, and WoC is pretty much the best water show in the world. Hope that doesn't sound too fanboyish!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I find it difficult to believe that F! does anything quietly.
    The light towers coming out of the ground are whisper quiet. As well as all the setup the techs do on the island. So yeah, I'd say setup and take down are pretty quiet. Which is what the person was referring to.

However everything in between setup and take down is when FANTASMIC! shows you how much of a beast of show it really is.

Will F! ever be topped? Sure why not? Is it going anywhere anytime soon? Take a look at the crowds when watching it; it speaks for itself. They don't want do another Electrical Parade > Light Tragic - I mean Magic hehe. They could top it, but just be smart about it. Obviously with the upgrade of Murphy in 2009, they don't have plans to get rid of the show anytime soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123