Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Will Disney ever top Fantasmic?

So Fantasmic opened in 1992, which is now 21 years ago, and as far as I'm concerned, they have never come out with anything even close to as good as Fantasmic since then. Even the newer WDW Fantasmic in a custom built amphitheater isn't nearly as good (in my opinion). The fireworks are pretty amazing, but for me they don't compare. Certainly there is no parade that Disney has ever done that is even remotely as good (the Mulan parade would be the best in my opinion, mostly because of the Chinese acrobats at the end), and I personally don't care for World of Color, but even for people that do really like the show I don't think anyone's going to claim it's better or even as good as Fantasmic. Illuminations at Epcot is the same thing. The new Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom is pretty spectacular, but I can't imagine wanting to see it more than maybe 10 times at the most. I've seen Fantasmic several hundred times working the popcorn and churro carts in NOS as well as seeing it as a regular guest, and I never ever get tired of it. Even outside of Disney, I can't think of any type of entertainment ever that I've experienced as many times as Fantasmic that I wouldn't be tired of. So do you think it's possible that Disney (or anyone else for that matter) will ever top Fantasmic?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Under that tree again!

Re: Will Disney ever top Fantasmic?

Yes they already have. This is true and correct as it's my opinion.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I personally don't care for World of Color, but even for people that do really like the show I don't think anyone's going to claim it's better or even as good as Fantasmic.
    I prefer World of Color...
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Minion

Maybe, if management learns to stay out of the Imagineers' projects.

• One Little Spark...

Down the road I believe they will. There is so much newer technology today that is showcased all over the world in theme-park entertainment. Most of it has not been seen (yet) in a Disney park. It's exciting to think what lies ahead in the future

i'd say the main street electrical parade comes pretty darn close

Disney Dreams in Paris gives F! a run for its money, I will say that. F! may never be eclipsed in people's estimations because of the nostalgia (it's now a show people have grown up with, after all), but I'd put Dreams right up there with it.

• The Pumpkin King

Fantasmic not only being a Night time spectacular (which imo are the best shows), but it also has all our favorite classic Disney characters, great music, a strong start and finish. Also there's fire, fireworks, colorful water, lasers. The show is truely magical.

I guess in some sense you could maybe say Fantasmic is the perfect show.

Although many here will disagree with that statement lol.

I think they have with World of Color. To me, Fantasmic is still pretty good because I only see it once a year at the most.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

the thing about Fantasmic! it has everything you can think of in a show, it has water, pyro,floats, special effects, live actors, 45 foot animatronic and more. Disney has yet to make a show like fan! they have made shows that have some of the same elements, but not all in one like Fan!, its still truly an amazing show. not just by disney standers but it holds its own by any show in the world imo.

I'll take Remember Dreams Come True and the MSEP over Fantasmic - it's just personal preference.

• Disneyland Original '55

I think Disney Dreams! and World of Color give Fantasmic! a run for its money, but i think the grandness of Fantasmic! in Disneyland is partly accredited to how the show just appears in the middle of the park. Its pretty amazing that you can only see minor hints of Fantasmic!, as opposed to World of Color, where the fountains are kinda visible throughout the day.

Now something i've been wanting to ask, do you think an update to Illuminations to add fountains to the show would be good or bad? Because i think it would be nice addition to the show if done correctly.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Minion

Fantasmic! is better than World of Color, but I'd take RDCT over both of those shows.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Queen Elsa

I think Fan is way better then WOC. I have seen WOC once and I didn't care for it. RDCT to me is boring now I don't even like to hear that music or see the fireworks cause to me it got tiring some. I don't see Fan all the time but I do once in a wild cause I like the live action to it where as WOC you don't get it. As to your question will Disney top Fan! Don't really know so far they haven't in my book. Only other then I did like which is no longer there was Parade of Dreams. In my book that is the best parade out of all the ones that I have seen. I love the interact they did in the parade the others never had it. Mickey's Soundstaional is good to but it's not like POD.

I much prefer WOC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast