• Functional & Decorative

Honorary House Guests: Haunted Mansion

About a year ago, my fiance and I got engaged inside the Haunted Mansion elevator room. It was great, but our pictures turned out awful, as we only had cell phones on hand. So with our wedding upcoming, we decided to return and re-create our pics. We went immediately at park opening, and the HM cast members were very kind and supportive, and allowed us access to linger in one of the elevator rooms to get the right picture.

But the most unexpected part of this is that afterwards, we were surprised with this certificate stating us as Honorary House Guests of the day. We were told it acted as a HM "fastpass" for the rest of the day, and we then signed a ledger in a separate book.

Both my partner and I are longtime Disney fans, and we had never heard of this! I feel like I saw this appear once in a thread here ages ago, but searching for it came up with nothing. Has anyone else ever gotten one? The cast members said they can give out one a day, but don't always. We did notice this is numbered 131. If that's a true count, then indeed, they don't seem to give out many. Actual size of the paper is equal to standard 8.5x11 paper folded in half.

In any case, it makes for a very unique wedding gift! Anyone else with any other info or stories to share about it would be welcome!

Name:  Honorary House Guest -anon.jpg
Views: 1487
Size:  242.5 KB
    (Names blurred out for privacy reasons)
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Honorary House Guests: Haunted Mansion

That is awesome!! And what a great additional memory to commemorate the engagement and your upcoming nuptials. That you for sharing this!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Congratulations on your wedding plans. What a unique souvenir! Thanks for sharing it.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Minion

I remember getting a Driver of the Day award for Mulholland Madness for taking pictures of the queue area. Like the award you got, I could use the award as an unlimited fastpass to Mulholland Madness all day.

​That's cool! What a unique memory for your reenacted engagement.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

How cool! I never knew the Haunted Mansion had such a thing! Thanks for sharing! I wonder when they hand those out if they aren't handed out regularly?

What a wonderful bit of Disney magic! I've never heard of these before, the only thing I'd ever heard of was that some were able to get a "death certificate", but I heard they discontinued that.

• formerly very helpful

Congratulations! If being engaged in the Haunted Mansion is something that is important/special for both of you, then you are in for a real FUN marriage!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and on the Honorary House Guest Certificate!

I haven't heard of this before! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Congratulations! If being engaged in the Haunted Mansion is something that is important/special for both of you, then you are in for a real FUN marriage!
    This! You guys sound like a super fun couple! I've also never heard of this, so really appreciate you sharing your experience!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    What a wonderful bit of Disney magic! I've never heard of these before, the only thing I'd ever heard of was that some were able to get a "death certificate", but I heard they discontinued that.
    Here is a link that you can make your own "death certificate" It may not be as cool as receiving it from the Mansion itself, but you can still get one!
    Doombuggies.com presents the Haunted Mansion Death Certificate

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Biggest Disney Fan

They also do this at Monsters Inc Mike and Sulley to the Rescue! At the opening of the ride they have a scream off and the winner gets a pic with Sulley and a Awesome certificate.