Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Koubu Pilot

Re: Disneyland vs. Disneyworld.

I grew up with summer trips to Disneyland. For us, it was always closer and cheaper for a family of 5 living in Mesa, Az. All I have to do is hop on Interstate 10 (and then 60 to the 91) and I'm there! We can take food and easily get to Walmart, Von's, Costco, or wherever if we need more stuff. It's just makes more sense for us.

Leonard Kinsey of Dark Side of Disney took his first trip to Disneyland since being a small child earlier this year, and has been back once with his wife to experience it on their own and take in all the details. He made a video chronicling ways he thinks Disneyland trumps Magic Kingdom.

Just to warn everyone, his Dark Side of Disney title card is a little scandalous.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

As much as I might prefer the Disney themepark in Anaheim, California over the one in the middle of Florida, I do get quite annoyed at the snobbiness that some people show on this never ending subject.

I guess the original versus the sequel will forever be analyzed. However, the heart of the matter is that it is a matter of the heart.

Emotional attachment is a personal choice, and I would never assume to tell a person they are wrong for their personal choices.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

i think it may have to do with where you live. if you live on the east coast, disneyworld would be closer to you then disneyland because you don't have to fly as far to get there. just like people who live on the west coast will go to disneyland because its closer then disneyworld.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I guess the original versus the sequel will forever be analyzed. However, the heart of the matter is that it is a matter of the heart.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• MaliBOOMer

Indiana Jones Adventure

^ That does it for me, and majority of the shared and similar attractions are better in Anaheim, ex: Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean by a mile.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Minion

I love Disneyland and I have no doubt in my mind I would always prefer it over the others, but I would LOVE to got to Florida and visit WDW. Same goes for the international parks. I don't understand why people have loyalty to one resort. The more, the merrier for me. Each experience will be different in a good way.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Quote of the year!!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I am originally from the east coast, my first 4 Disney experiences were WDW. About 3 months after my last trip to WDW, I visited DLR for the first time. DL blew me away. I was amazed how many attractions were squeezed into the amount of space available. I have since moved to California and go to DLR regularly. I love both park, and havent been back to the MK since my first trip to DL, but when I do make it back, I am sure that I will feel like there is a ton of open, underutilized space.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    I am originally from the east coast, my first 4 Disney experiences were WDW. About 3 months after my last trip to WDW, I visited DLR for the first time. DL blew me away. I was amazed how many attractions were squeezed into the amount of space available. I have since moved to California and go to DLR regularly. I love both park, and havent been back to the MK since my first trip to DL, but when I do make it back, I am sure that I will feel like there is a ton of open, underutilized space.
    Just curious, did you move to California for Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Just curious, did you move to California for Disneyland?
    No, I moved here for the weather and beaches, but got a AP as soon as I got here.

I grew up in Orlando and there is a huge place in my heart for the Magic Kingdom. I now live in Arizona and myself, hubby and kids go to Disneyland quite often and I have fallen in love with it also. They are both so alike yet so different in so many ways each offering there own special magic. It would be hard to pick which one I liked better!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    No, I moved here for the weather and beaches, but got a AP as soon as I got here.
    Oh, okay then. I know a few people who've moved here for Disneyland. Just wondering if you had, too.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I don't understand why people have loyalty to one resort. The more, the merrier for me. Each experience will be different in a good way.
    I thought that I'd be able to love everything WDW before I went there, but upon arrival I found that it didn't have nearly the same spirit as DLR. Every park but the Magic Kingdom felt lacking in Disney magic that I always feel at Disneyland. Perhaps it really is a matter of the heart as another poster said, but there are certainly a lot that turned me off at WDW. I can recognize that some of those things are going to be the same things that other people will favor, however.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I thought that I'd be able to love everything WDW before I went there, but upon arrival I found that it didn't have nearly the same spirit as DLR. Every park but the Magic Kingdom felt lacking in Disney magic that I always feel at Disneyland. Perhaps it really is a matter of the heart as another poster said, but there are certainly a lot that turned me off at WDW. I can recognize that some of those things are going to be the same things that other people will favor, however.
    I think it's totally fine you weren't really impressed with WDW. It's the fact that you tried it that matters. At least you actually went before you came to your final opinion. I'm not referring to that. I'm referring to people like the young lady in the video... People who absolutely refuse to visit other Disney parks and aren't interested at all because of nothing, really. They feel they need to stick to their home resort and only that.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast