Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Minion

Re: Mr. Toads Wild Trackless Ride 2015: Securing Popular Longevity For Generations Ah

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Having one or two rooms of significantly more freedom of movement is all that would be needed for an enjoyable varied experience, track wise.
    First, are you even reading the posts you are responding to? My previous post indicates that the ride has no capacity for any open "rooms" and still provide the ability to have the attraction tell the story as efficiently as it does now.

Again, It's not like the rider has any control over the ride itself. Even if it were a trackless ride system, it would still be following the same path every time. So what benefit would an expensive new ride system provide the guest?

Re: Mr. Toads Wild Trackless Ride 2015: Securing Popular Longevity For Generations Ah

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    I would like someone to provide an example of a trackless ride for me, preferably one at DLR or at WDW that I may have actually ridden. It isn't like Universe of Energy at Epcot, is it?

I would be open to a new Toad, but not if it's only a technology showcase and no more fun than the ride we have now.

Mightymightyktt on YouTube did a nice animation showing how the 4 vehicles in HKDL's Mystic Manor move about and give a good idea the strengths of the Trackless Vehicle system.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Not enough room/the line would double because the loading would take longer...so no thanks

I'll wait til they make a Beauty in the beast ride to use this tech

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Mightymightyktt on YouTube did a nice animation showing how the 4 vehicles in HKDL's Mystic Manor move about and give a good idea the strengths of the Trackless Vehicle system.

Wow, how fun! The vehicles move about swiveling from side to side. One moment they are traveling slowly slowly one moment, and the next suddenly darting forward. I noticed that they dun around full circle once or twice. Amazing....
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Not enough room/the line would double because the loading would take longer...so no thanks

Haven't heard about any loading complaints from guests at ay parks that offer any trackless rides,
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Merry 2014!

Dey must keep dem debils! And the debil laughs. . . . tee hehehehehee.

If they can update the technology and keep the tactile aspects of "Toad" then go ahead! The "thwack" as you go through the police barriers, the bumpiness of the railroad tracks, the heat in the "debil room". It's something that the other rides don't have.

Plus I love that you are "Toadie" going on this wild ride. "Making the guest the protagonist" was removed from Snow White in the previous makeover, and the experience suffered. You aren't passively viewing an effect then moving on to the next effect.

As much as Mystic Manor is a fantastic use of trackless ride system, it suffers from too many set up "gag effects" that you must view to advance the experience. Meaning, your car stops dead in front of an effect and only once that effect is finished can you advance.

In Toad, the scenes are closeup and quick to reset for the next car. There is still much to see in the ride that you can miss most of an effect if you aren't super familiar with the ride. It also has the 2nd most fluid story line, next to Peter Pan. Imo.
    Playing along (i.e. putting up your arms to shield your face and mock yelling when you crash through the police barrier for example) or using your imagination is part of the fun.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Haven't heard about any loading complaints from guests at ay parks that offer any trackless rides,
    Probably because the trackless rides mentioned have larger facilities and have the room to load THREE vehicles at a time.

• ---------------

I can't see them moving walls, layout etc.
    Call me wrong
    but as soon as they "modify" the inside of the building
    it's no longer grandfathered.
    It's pretty tight in the ride. Not being grandfathered, Disney might have to widen things around the track (ie: people mover... tight spaces so no open ride vehicles for hand to stick out and touch walls).

Again, I could be wrong.

And personally, I love the charm of the ride
    so I'm not sure what I would like to see changed.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Terrible idea. Updating Toad would mean it would have to comply with new OSHA standards and would require 36" of clearence on both sides of the vehicle. That would completely destroy the ride.
    I see someone else had the same thoughts
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    Stop this "update everything" mentality. Why update? It's a totally unique ride, the twists and turns (hence slow and fast), delightful retro animation, nothing like it at Disneyland. People will appreciate this ride essentially forever, for what it is. There's enough "room" at Disneyland to leave some things sacrosanct. This is one of them.
    I actually agree.
    I've seen what Disney has done with some changes to rides.
    Some I like, some I haven't.
    I'm afraid this ride if touched will lose the charm that it has.
    If they want to touch rides, they can play with Pinocchio all they want.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    I think you guys want to update this ride because you've ridden it so many times, that it's become boring. I don't think Disneyland should update a ride because the super annual pass guests are bored with it, and have wrung out all satisfaction from it.
    agree
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

One ride I'd like to see built (just don't crap out like they did with Mermaid)
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234