Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Travelling Alone to Disneyland

Dang! Now I regret not going solo when I had an annual pass. It was tough getting someone to go with, I considered going expressly for Xmas shopping and to just do it for novelty sake. Now that annual passes are prohibitive that opportunity isn't going to come again.

I think if you're open to meeting people- approachable, smiles go a long way- you will meet folks. Also, people often post in here who are either going solo or open to meeting up. Have fun!

• DL Vistor Since 1968

I love traveling to Disneyland alone. I can take things at my own pace. In fact, I'll be there tomorrow (Tuesday, September 3rd), but just for the day.

•   

I hadn't been on a plane by myself until I was in my late 30s. I'm glad I did it. I've never been to Disneyland by myself before. Sometimes on trips with friends we have a few hours where we split up (to shop or go back to the room for naps) and I gotta say, I really enjoy that time alone. I would love to go to Disneyland by myself! I think you should go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Racers by far has the best single rider line. That thing moves fast, and it is a high probability you get the front.
    You'll also get the right-hand side Every. Single. Time. Although when I was there for the grand opening, they pulled 3 single riders to fill the front row of a car that was about to load, I managed to get the middle.

I've done 4 solo trips so far (first one wasn't by design, had so much fun I did 3 more), I'm a tall guy who can move pretty quick so I can cram a lot in by myself. I also don't mind "camping out" in an area where lines are shorter than normal, the Sunday after Cars Land opened I camped out in Tomorrowland all afternoon & ping-ponged between Star Tours standby & Space Mountain Fastpass. I also check wait times on my phone to find out where the crowds aren't & go there.

At this point I have enough Disney shirts to cover every day of my trips, those are usually good conversation starters. Also, if people around me are having a park-related conversation if I have a tip to give them that they might not know about I will. The 2nd day of RSR the family in front of me let me go ahead of them coz I was so helpful. (was my 10th time in the Single Rider line that day) Usually end up having nice short conversations with a few Cast Members working checkout various places.

If I were single, I could easily do it though I'd probably try to hook up with other DL peeps through Twitter, MiceChat, etc. However, I'm married with 2 tween/teen daughters and I really enjoy the experience with any or all of them much more than alone. I've tried to do a couple of solo visits on the way home from work and it's just not as enjoyable. Whatever you decide, make the best of your trip and have a fantastic time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12