Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Travelling Alone to Disneyland

First, I want to say I like the way you did a video post! Really neat!

Second, I think you kind of answered your own question. It sounds like you think it would be good for you to do it, at least once, and like you said you never have to do it again.

I've flown alone several times, and have spent portions of trips on my own (when I was speaking for my college at a convention in New Orleans, I explored on my own a bit), but I've never done a full vacation by myself. My experience of flying alone is that I don't really miss company all that much. I bring a book and my iPod, and I'm good to go.

Of all places to travel to alone, I think Disneyland might be a fun place to start. You'll have enough to do that you won't have too much of a chance to sit around and think about being alone. Sure, you can allow that to happen, but if you go in with the mindset that you can do whatever you want, be totally selfish, and just enjoy yourself, I think you'll find it to be a really positive experience.

You could also consider coordination your travel with one of the MiceChat meet ups. Then you make new friends that you are least share one major common interest with - a love for Disneyland! You aren't stuck with them by any means, and can leave whenever you want, and its only for one day.

Hope that helps!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Something I have always wanted to do is go alone to Disneyland. I am the one who is the big Disney fan and who loves the park and its history. My family go along with me for the entertainment and family time. I am from Canada so a trip down there is always a family affair. I would, however, hope to one day go by myself and just soak up the atmosphere and have my own, individual DL experience. So - my vote is YES, go alone.

I went alone last week for the first time. it was amazing. I look forward to more solo trips in the future.

Going alone you will discover many insights. On my alone trip I was able to sit on benches. I saw the horses being put away for the night from the trolley, then I watched the firehouse show, then all the flowers, then the vista down the street. In NOS you can watch the Twain roll around the corner, the CMS walking by and all their costumes, sitting in the shade of the trees. You will discover many tiny things never seen before. And you will tire less, as you are not stopping for others, just your movement. It will be fun

I first got an annual pass a few years ago when a few friends said that they would be getting one as well. Unfortunately, that didn't happen until a few months later. So in the meantime, I drove there myself a handful of times. It did feel sort of awkward at times, but there were definitely some good aspects. Mainly, I got to do everything that *I* wanted to do, which was awesome.

I will say that I have more fun with friends, though.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Think of going alone to disneyland as a way of seeing Disneyland from a whole new perspective. 100% Yours. You will notice things that you probably have never noticed before. You will realize things, like things you love, at the park, like never before. You will learn a lot about yourself. And that's a good thing. I highly recommend it. And I'm sure you will have more interesting conversations with Cast Members like never before. Plus, single rider line all the way. And while your at it, try to make one of your visiting days on a Sunday and you can meet other MiceChatters during the weekly Sunday noon meet at the hub. You can even take it one step further and make a post in the meets forum to see if others want to meet up. There are so many opportunities. I think you'll have great time. Interaction with others takes some effort but it will be very rewarding. How much is all up to you.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

I've traveled all over alone (happens when you could fly free and your friends could not) and have gone to Disneyland alone a couple times, I always enjoyed it. I found when I travel, I prefer to do it alone, others just slow me down...lol

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The way I look at it. Traveling alone to Disneyland is a whole lot better than not going at all. My first few trips were with family and friends. When they lost interest, and I didn't, I decided to do my first solo trip. That was back in December of 2008, and it was marvelous. My next trip is in just 43 days. I can hardly wait.

There are several threads on solo at Disney. I've always found it to be a fantastic way to do the park.

Leisurely lunch. Listening to music. Watching the street shows. Watch the Aladdin show. Look at aaaaaaall of the window displays. Poke around the shops on Buena Vista Street. Watch people. Go on your favorite rides a bunch of times in a row.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MaliBOOMer

Usually I end up spending at least one of the days of a trip in the parks by myself (unless I'm on a trip with friends). I am just too fast for my family, I wear them out and they usually take a leisurely day or a day off. I love it because I can go a lot faster and can usually get 25-35 rides per day instead of 15-20.
    Sometimes it can feel a little awkward especially in line, however most of the times I end up in line with a group who initiates conversation, which can be fun sometimes, and well not so much other times. Overall though it's not as fun as being there with friends, but it is still great.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-01-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

I have gone a couple times by myself, for a few of hours ( I'm a local). It is a bit awkward at first, but you get over it. It can be peaceful since you can go on what ever you want. If you are going to go solo, DO take advantage of single rider for Indiana Jones, California Screamin', and Racers. It will save you so much time.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by disneylover16 View Post
    I have gone a couple times by myself, for a few of hours ( I'm a local). It is a bit awkward at first, but you get over it. It can be peaceful since you can go on what ever you want. If you are going to go solo, DO take advantage of single rider for Indiana Jones, California Screamin', and Racers. It will save you so much time.
    From my experience you are better off just using FastPass on Screamin' or standby if it's less than 20 minutes, the single rider line for this moves painfully slow.

For Indy the single rider line works, I have only done it once (I like to request the front or back). Getting stuck on the inside especially in row 2 is no fun. Racers by far has the best single rider line. That thing moves fast, and it is a high probability you get the front.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

I have never felt awkward or lonely at Disneyland. As many solo trips as I've taken, you might think I'd feel like other people and miss having my friends with me and all... but no.

Solo is fabulous.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Ok I debating the same issue about going to Florida. First off to answer that I would see if anyone here at MC would be interested to joying you. On the first day you I would do a solo day so that way you can gauge what have done, what you want to do, and what left of what you have to day. At most I most I would do 4 days. That is plenty of day to do the entire resort. Also on Sundays MC has a Sunday noon hub meet up so you can come meet some of all these faces you chat to on the site (join the facebook page) But Disneyland there is so much to do and you will just meet people in line and you discover where they are from and why they are visiting. Also determining your visit will be where you are from and if this is your first trip to DL.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast