View Poll Results: Upcoming Movie Monorail Skins At DLR That Would Rock Your Ride!

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thor: The Dark World

4 17.39%
  • Muppets Most Wanted

4 17.39%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

2 8.70%
  • Tomorrowland

16 69.57%
  • Planes: Fire and Rescue

3 13.04%
  • Captain America: the Winter Soldier

4 17.39%
  • Maleficent and/or Cinderella

7 30.43%
  • Guardians of the Galazy and/or The Good Dinosaur

2 8.70%
  • Finding Dory

8 34.78%
  • Ant-Man

2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Should Disney Movie Skins Be Periodically Added To Monorails? Which Films?

Simply seeing something is the type of entertainment offered by Six Flags. It is not theming and it is not immersive.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Contraire.... People go to Disneyland for entertainment (many for straight up commercial entertainment). Wouldn't surprise me that various park guests would be compelled enough by the synergy between movie skinned monorails and Disney films that appear with other films at the Downtown Disney movie theater.

Your use of the word "bombardment" causes me to envision people running for cover in order to seek refuge from onslaught of Disney movie and themepark attraction ads.

I agree that Disneyland is for entertainment. However, in my mind, much of the entertainment is gained from the overall immersion experience. Otherwise, I could go to Knotts or Magic Mountain for a lot less and be entertained. At Disneyland, many people gain much of their entertainment from losing themselves in the "reality" of the fantasy they're experiencing. Whether walking through a fairytale castle, exploring a jungle river, sailing with pirates, or walking through a futuristic city. I would think that it's the same for a lot of people, although I could never presume to speak definitively for others. Just a hunch, based largely on how the poll is currently going.

As far as "bombardment," sometimes I almost feel like you've described!
    But to be fair, I also feel completely overwhelmed by the crowds from Fantasmic and the fireworks. So, it is true that many of us look for different things from our Disneyland experience. All of it, however, is ENTERTAINMENT.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Simply seeing something is the type of entertainment offered by Six Flags. It is not theming and it is not immersive.
    Everything about the Disneyland Resort is far more immersive than any six Flags park and it's thrown about unadorned piles of metal it calls rides. Themed monorail wraps would add to that immersive, entertaining experience for what I would consider the vast majority of guests. If you do not like the wraps (and I am not talking about movie posters), this is your own prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I agree that Disneyland is for entertainment. However, in my mind, much of the entertainment is gained from the overall immersion experience. Otherwise, I could go to Knotts or Magic Mountain for a lot less and be entertained. At Disneyland, many people gain much of their entertainment from losing themselves in the "reality" of the fantasy they're experiencing. Whether walking through a fairytale castle, exploring a jungle river, sailing with pirates, or walking through a futuristic city. I would think that it's the same for a lot of people, although I could never presume to speak definitively for others. Just a hunch, based largely on how the poll is currently going.

As far as "bombardment," sometimes I almost feel like you've described!
    But to be fair, I also feel completely overwhelmed by the crowds from Fantasmic and the fireworks. So, it is true that many of us look for different things from our Disneyland experience. All of it, however, is ENTERTAINMENT.
    My description of "bombardment" was a might overstated and wild.

I'm glad that you seem open to considering that everything has different preferences for things they enjoy as part of their overall Disneyland experience.
    The overall entertainment experience would benefit from the themed monorail wraps.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    The way DL did the cars one I was ok with since they gave them a back story and had a special recording for each one. Other than that I don't want to see billboard type skins on the DL ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I agree. The way the did it with Cars was more subtle... I thought the eyes on the monorail was cute. But any more than that and I'd feel I was in some major metro area with the ads in my face, and Disney pushes their stuff enough.
    I voted for Tomorrowland and Finding Dory.

With the Cars theming to promote Cars Land it was nice and subtle and promoted the parks the monorail is in. The negative I found was that the monorail otherwise doesn't have an association with Cars Land. It would be fine if they do something for Finding Dory as the Monorail goes around the Sub Lagoon, and may be ok depending on how park oriented Tomorrowland turns out to be.

In WDW they are basically moving bill boards which I don't like. But the Tronorail was nice, and would of looked fine in the back of ELECTronica in DCA.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

With the Cars theming to promote Cars Land it was nice and subtle and promoted the parks the monorail is in. The negative I found was that the monorail otherwise doesn't have an association with Cars Land. It would be fine if they do something for Finding Dory as the Monorail goes around the Sub Lagoon, and may be ok depending on how park oriented Tomorrowland turns out to be.

In WDW they are basically moving bill boards which I don't like. But the Tronorail was nice, and would of looked fine in the back of ELECTronica in DCA.
    Tomorrowland and Finding Dory monorail wraps would rock my Disneyland world!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 09-02-2013 at 04:19 PM.

• Artistic integrity

sorry RideWarrior .... A day at Disneyland should be a classy experience - devoid of anything tacky. Plastering ads on the sides of attractions = tacky.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    sorry RideWarrior .... A day at Disneyland should be a classy experience - devoid of anything tacky. Plastering ads on the sides of attractions = tacky.
    Don't get any classier of a Disneyland experience than when a monorail skin is themed to Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland.

• Minion

But the monorails are also visible from other locations. What would be okay by the lagoon might not be fine in BVS.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Don't get any classier of a Disneyland experience than when a monorail skin is themed to Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland.
    You have your opinions and I'll have mine, but to me, and probably many other people "classy" is not an advertisement. It is an evening at Club 33, the feeling you get after riding through a ride, heck, even eating a messy Corn Dog on Main Street is much more classy than gaudy stickers on a monorail. Classy is something that feels elegant. Heck, even most online dictionaries have a much different idea of what "classy" means than you do. Here is a link to the Google search for "Classy." Let me google that for you
    Last edited by Disneylandfan67; 09-02-2013 at 05:41 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Do we really want to see something like this on the monorail every day from now on... only changing from one movie to the next as they roll each and every new movie out?

No. Just.... no. It was one thing to have this for a brief and limited time, but that time has passed and I don't want to have to look at something like this again, and again and again.... my personal thought... leave the monorails alone!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• WDI Future Show Writer

“Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

I like that they do the skins. They should just do it for a limited time.

I think Frozen would be a lot cooler though!
    Kathy Mangum: "If you show that you want to try, people will want to work with you" #D23Expo

Joe Rodhe: To be an Imagineer, "you have to be the kind of person who wants to share." #D23Expo

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Do we really want to see something like this on the monorail every day from now on... only changing from one movie to the next as they roll each and every new movie out?

No. Just.... no. It was one thing to have this for a brief and limited time, but that time has passed and I don't want to have to look at something like this again, and again and again.... my personal thought... leave the monorails alone!
    Yes!....not every day, but whenever a blockbuster film is out (or amazing E-ticket ride opens)....Absolutely Yes!!

The Beatles Yellow Submarine (Lego) - YouTube

We all live in a Yellow Submarine!....Yellow Submarine!.....Yellow Submarine!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by wdifuture89 View Post
    I like that they do the skins. They should just do it for a limited time.

I think Frozen would be a lot cooler though!
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    But the monorails are also visible from other locations. What would be okay by the lagoon might not be fine in BVS.
    I don't disagree, but often compromise is in order.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I don't disagree, but often compromise is in order.
    Well said swampymarsh. The creation of pretty much all Disney theme park attraction projects includes compromise and balance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast