Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• No Disassemble!

Re: Captain Eo Closing...

Maybe they'll be removing the rocking floor (hopefully) to prepare for some new show in the far off future.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• A Happy Haunt

Did we forget that Eo "returned" when MJ died? It was brought back as a tribute to honor his work. It was not meant to stay. It's appeal has once again, dropped. This will be the last time we get to see it, so if you're sentimental, go see it before its too late.

I hope it'll be gone for good! For one thing, it's obviously terribly dated. Secondly, I no longer look at him as fondly as I did when he had just passed away and I saw "This is It." I now think of him just as I did before his death, as a tragic figure with skeletons in the closet -- to put it lightly.

• Selfie Expert

I can't help but relate "refurb" to plastic surgery, and think about how the last thing MJ needs is another refurb.

I vote for a replacement/upgrade. I love me some Captain EO, but only for the sake of nostalgia, and therefore admit that it is probably time for it to go so long as the replacement is a step up.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

its funny to hear the audience moan when they watch this movie.

• Not here to help

I get much better 3D on my TV at home. Close EO today!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Yeah. Like the Rocket Rods!

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Yeah. Like the Rocket Rods!
    Like the Rocket Rods. When will that reopen??
    Maybe Disney can make the area into a good sitdown restaurant. No fancy smancy $$$$$$$$$$ one, eh?

Because of the entrance to Space Mountain, nothing can realistically go in that space except another movie attraction. Seems that some would rather have a "dark" or empty attraction than EO, but those people probably never go to the attraction, anyways.

If you want another attraction there, what are you expecting them to install instead? Do you really want Monsters Inc.? There's already a 3D Star Wars ride, so a movie would be overkill.

I say, leave EO until Tomorrowland gets its major makeover. I would hate to see another closed attraction add to the depressing atmosphere of Tomorrowland in its current state. I love EO, and always make sure to go to it each time I'm in the park.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think they should have kept HISTA and had EO come around every Halloween would have drawn a big crowd every year if it was only around for 2 months

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

that ride for years was getting noone in the queue..last time i looked at it,it was sitting almost empty

wonder who would replace EO though

It long overdue to be done screening in Theaters. As long as it being released on blu ray with 3D glasses included along with a collectors edition. Also include a Traditional 3D Blu ray edition for people who has a 3D tv. My idea for the site is to make it into a circle vision theater along with new technology. With new films to keep the place fresh.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yeah, it's time for the EO tribute to go away.

And instead of using the Muppet theater for coming movie previews, they should be doing this in the E0/Hista/EO theater, instead.

AND NO! to MILF in Tomorrowland, especially if they are turning much of the Hollywood backlot area into a Monsters miniland.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella View Post
    Because of the entrance to Space Mountain, nothing can realistically go in that space except another movie attraction....
    Au contraire...

What's to say they won't shoehorn a new Space Mountain entrance into the old Starcade space, FastPass and all? The rumor I heard is that they will take everything from MagicEye Theater to Pizza Port, including the current SM entrance for a Star Wars 3D ride to coincide with the release of SW EpVII at the end of DL's 60th.

Personally I would prefer to tear out the MagicEye and go back to an outdoor theater and move Jedi Academy there. I miss the synergy of that space.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I saw on screamscape and on touring plans that the show will close for a 3 month rehab on friday the 13. Why would they give the theater a long rehab when the rumors state the show will close soon?????
    Has anybody else heard this?
    Three month rehab?

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    When I saw EO a year or two ago, it was the most depressing experience I've ever had at the Disneyland Resort. It was an intense reminder of a tragic American life. So sad watching him trying so hard to be masculine in EO. Elton John heroically came out in the 70s, but Michael had to contend with racism, a religious family with a scary parent, and . . . whatever issues he had. Maybe he was born 20 years too soon. Maybe I'm projecting, but . . . sad--at least in EO and in death.

Can any of us separate this role from Michael? He's not exactly Meryl Streep or a young DeNiro.

Love his music though! But remembering Michael through EO is like remembering McCartney from his narcissistic and boring, "Give My Regards to Broad Street." Love that soundtrack too though!

Then again, maybe I just really hated the way the re-opened EO's seats moved.
    Are you implying that MJ was gay?

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    I hope it'll be gone for good! For one thing, it's obviously terribly dated. Secondly, I no longer look at him as fondly as I did when he had just passed away and I saw "This is It." I now think of him just as I did before his death, as a tragic figure with skeletons in the closet -- to put it lightly.
    Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I can't help but relate "refurb" to plastic surgery, and think about how the last thing MJ needs is another refurb.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderCvrDisneyGeek View Post
    its funny to hear the audience moan when they watch this movie.
    Moaning is an interesting choice of a word. Are you watching the same Captain EO as I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella View Post
    Because of the entrance to Space Mountain, nothing can realistically go in that space except another movie attraction. Seems that some would rather have a "dark" or empty attraction than EO, but those people probably never go to the attraction, anyways.

If you want another attraction there, what are you expecting them to install instead? Do you really want Monsters Inc.? There's already a 3D Star Wars ride, so a movie would be overkill.

I say, leave EO until Tomorrowland gets its major makeover. I would hate to see another closed attraction add to the depressing atmosphere of Tomorrowland in its current state. I love EO, and always make sure to go to it each time I'm in the park.
    I agree. A second Star Wars 3D experience would be overkill. I wouldn't mind if they cycled films thru the theater once every year or two with spinoffs of popular sci-fi franchises or altogether unique 3D Tomorrowland-type shows made specifically for the parks. This day in age, attention spans aren't kind to 3D shows that run for years on end.

In any case, as badly as it needs to go, a less-than-popular Captain EO is better than a shuttered, empty theater.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseDude View Post
    It long overdue to be done screening in Theaters. As long as it being released on blu ray with 3D glasses included along with a collectors edition. Also include a Traditional 3D Blu ray edition for people who has a 3D tv. My idea for the site is to make it into a circle vision theater along with new technology. With new films to keep the place fresh.
    I don't think it's ever been in theaters outside of select Disney parks. As much as I'd love to see them release it, I doubt a Bluray of Captain EO will be released anytime soon. However, I seem to recall it being released on VHS or DVD overseas at some point. Of course, they may have been bootleg copies.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalMousekteer View Post
    Au contraire...

What's to say they won't shoehorn a new Space Mountain entrance into the old Starcade space, FastPass and all? The rumor I heard is that they will take everything from MagicEye Theater to Pizza Port, including the current SM entrance for a Star Wars 3D ride to coincide with the release of SW EpVII at the end of DL's 60th.

Personally I would prefer to tear out the MagicEye and go back to an outdoor theater and move Jedi Academy there. I miss the synergy of that space.
    The synergy of the Space Stage by itself or as singular piece of a more expansive Tomorrowland? I would agree that Tomorrowland of the past was a happening place full of energy and movement, but today, that's not so much the case.
    Last edited by Princess Victoria; 09-08-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast