• Loving all things Disney!

Question News About the GAC change in October?

Hi,
    I was just looking to see if anyone had heard anything about the changes that are coming to the GAC in October? I heard that they are supposed to totally rework it, but wanted to see if anyone knew any details?

Thanks so much!

• Blew By You

Re: News About the GAC change in October?

No details. About two weeks ago, a City Hall CM stated that the only change so far was the two week length of the GAC but did not say anything about the future. Apparently, it's a big mess that needs to untangle itself.

I asked about further changes at City Hall last weekend, and they said they still don't know. The CM looked at me wide-eyed and said that they have no idea what will happen and when.

My mom and I just got back from a trip for her birthday and she requires a GAC for her mobility issues...she doesn't require a wheelchair, but still has difficulty standing for long periods of time. When we were issued the GAC this time around we were told by the CM at DCA's Guest Serives that instead of being lead through the FastPass entrances, we would be given a return pass for whatever length of time the standby line is (so if standby was 120 minutes, we would come back after that time) so that we could wait elsewhere where she can sit in the shade. When we later showed the pass to an attraction CM we were told to enter through the standby line and when we mentioned the return pass (which essentially sounded like a fastpass) we were told that the don't give thoughs out and one CM didn't even know what they were. Needless to say that we weren't very happy about this, more so about the fact that all the different CM's were not on the same page regarding the new system. We made sure to voice our complaints to Guest Services about this because we were told one thing by one person and another thing by others...so I'm hoping Disney gets their people all on the same page.
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

• Minion

So far I have seen the return time on rsr toy story midway mania matterhorn and star tours so they are slowly rowling it out.