Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Re: Joe's 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon trip report

Joe-

Looks like a great time! Were you all by yourself this time? Does Teresa run with you when she isn't with child?

Oh! And I read your Tokyo Trip Report today! It was a great read! Tonite (and for the rest of the week) its my 6 year old son Phillip's "bedtime story!"

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Great trip report! Thanks for sharing! I definitely want to try doing a half marathon one day but I definitely need to train for it. I'm not even at a 5k status yet heh. One day I will!
    It's definitely do-able. Maybe for the 10th anniversary in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by jose92397 View Post
    Do you they always give you a medal even if you were not the first ones?
    Yep, everyone who finishes gets a medal. Not only that, they're huge!

There's even a way to get a bonus medal! If you run the 10k (6.2 miles) on Saturday, and the half marathon (13.1 miles) on Sunday, you can earn the Dumbo Double Dare medal! That's three huge medals for finishing 2 races!

On top of that, if you do a race at WDW and DL in the same year, you can earn the Coast to Coast medal!

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    Joe-

Looks like a great time! Were you all by yourself this time? Does Teresa run with you when she isn't with child?

Oh! And I read your Tokyo Trip Report today! It was a great read! Tonite (and for the rest of the week) its my 6 year old son Phillip's "bedtime story!"
    It was definitely a great time!
    Theresa would have been right there with me if she could have. She's wondering if she'll be able to do it next year with me or not. I hope she can since it's always more fun to run with someone.

That's awesome and the first I've ever heard of someone reading it as a bedtime story. You're going to have him wanting to go visit Japan though!

• Disneyland Dreamer

I've only ever run a 4.2 mile (the Pat Tillman run here in AZ). Now I've got motivation to get training. Just wish I had actual time. Next year I must make this.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Great report, thank you for sharing! I love that you got pics with like ALL the characters. It's great. The only picture I got is of me in my Dipper Pines costume before heading to race.

This was my second year running this half and boy was it hot and humid! I started in Corral B, so luckily most my race was before sunrise. I did the Mammoth Half back in June and I thought that high-altitude race was my most difficult half yet, but the heat from this years DL Half may actually have made this one more difficult. I actually decided to dress up this year (saw so many do it last year and loved it and really wanted to myself this year) and of course it was a scorcher. I went as Dipper Pines from the Disney channel show Gravity Falls
    Last edited by SoCalFan; 09-04-2013 at 07:56 AM.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Motivating us along the path, there were lots of inspirational signs. Some of my favorites were "Worst Parade Ever", "That's not sweat, that's liquid awesome", "Run like Maleficent (or Ursula) is chasing you", and the ever inspiring "Remember, you signed the Death Waiver."
    I just love the signs, LOL!!! Awesome job!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Workin to live,lovin life

Congrats Joe! I did the 10k on Saturday as one of the many Aladdins! My first 10k, I've done a bunch of 5k's before, but I run an average of 3-6 miles two to three times a week so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Still trying to convince myself to do the Half next year as it's obviously too late to sign up for the Tinkerbell.

I would have to say that if you run and love Disney, the premium price is totally worth it even without a Park Pass!

The only bad part other than the heat and humidity would be the Expo on Friday. Luckily I don't really care for buying merchandise so I didn't have to worry about the lines for the shop.

Great job again on your 8th!

Congratulation's on completing #8!!! Thank you for all the info, great article! See 'ya @ next year's 1/2!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12