Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
  1. #16

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    I found the button in question this weekend at two different kiosks. The button at Indy gave me a churro and the one at Autopia gave me a coupon for a free dog shampoo.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  2. #17

    • Ducksketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bonafide SoCal original
    Posts
    141

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    How can it be anything but cheating/abusing they system. Why would you think otherwise?
    I'll give him a pass because he was 6 years old. But the real abuse are the people who fake or embellish disabilities of all sorts to get to the front of the line. That kind of cheating we should not forgive.

  3. #18

    • See Ya Real Soon!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    493

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post
    I'll give him a pass because he was 6 years old. But the real abuse are the people who fake or embellish disabilities of all sorts to get to the front of the line. That kind of cheating we should not forgive.
    Again, he may have been 6 at the time but he is 17 now asking if it is abuse.

  4. #19

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Oh my God, what difference does it make? Abuse or no abuse, the button doesnt even work anymore. Leave the guy alone!

    **for the record, I applaud you the OP not only for being a FP pimp at the ripe age of 6, but using his powers foe good and giving them to others**

  5. #20

    • See Ya Real Soon!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    493

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Oh my God, what difference does it make? Abuse or no abuse, the button doesnt even work anymore. Leave the guy alone!
    If he didn't want honest answers then "the guy" shouldn't have asked. It is not like I said he was a horrible kid for being curious about a button at his eye level and getting excited about Fastpasses popping out.

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    172

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    If he didn't want honest answers then "the guy" shouldn't have asked. It is not like I said he was a horrible kid for being curious about a button at his eye level and getting excited about Fastpasses popping out.
    I know this doesn't matter, but out of pure curiosity where on Earth did you get the idea that he was asking "Is this abuse?". Was it from this sentence "Did anyone else do this or abuse this?" because that's kind of a different question.

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    952

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    I remember way back when fp machines appeared all sorts of cards would spit out a fp. Petsmart cards worked for a few years if I remember right.
    Someone said that Knott's APs worked too! It had something to do with a barcode being in the right place.

  8. #23

    • Ducksketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bonafide SoCal original
    Posts
    141

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    Again, he may have been 6 at the time but he is 17 now asking if it is abuse.
    Today 17 is the new 11, so I still give him a pass.

    That was meant to be a joke, btw.

  9. #24

    • Zephyr Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    590

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    There are even measures to prevent CM abuse. CMs have to log in under their name to print any "override" Fastpasses. They can't get too crazy.
    Last edited by Krillinish; 09-03-2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Wrong form of "their"

  10. #25

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,598

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Regardless of the age, it is still stealing. If he is given a pass because he was only 6, what about the parents who should have been watching and not allowing their child to steal fastpasses? Do they get a pass, too?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  11. #26

    • See Ya Real Soon!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    493

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    I know this doesn't matter, but out of pure curiosity where on Earth did you get the idea that he was asking "Is this abuse?". Was it from this sentence "Did anyone else do this or abuse this?" because that's kind of a different question.
    Okay so I miss read the "or abuse this" as "or is this abuse." Which I am sure EVERYONE should agree that YES it is abuse.

  12. #27

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Regardless of the age, it is still stealing. If he is given a pass because he was only 6, what about the parents who should have been watching and not allowing their child to steal fastpasses? Do they get a pass, too?
    What monetary value do FP's have? When was the last time security was called on a guy who took two samples at Costco rather than one?

    I mean, yeah, it would be bad to do this all the time, but everyone's getting all upset over something that
    1. can't happen anymore
    2. happened several years ago
    3. done by a young child

    The OP posted a thread hoping to inspire conversation about an old quirk in the DL FP system...I don't think he/she wanted to get pounced on by everyone and lectured. This thing happened a long time ago and isn't even relevant anymore. Take it for what it is, a funny story and fun fact about the initial introduction of the Fastpass system.

  13. #28

    • Singing Drinker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,052

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Someone said that Knott's APs worked too! It had something to do with a barcode being in the right place.
    I remember finding this out by mistake one day. We got bored and tried everything in our wallets - anything with a barcode in the right spot worked. Don't know if this was 100% universal, but I also remember when it was fixed - I took perverse delight in popping out a FP off my library card. Wasn't gaming the system for multiple fastpasses, that wouldn't have been fun. It was the "adhering to the rules" from outside the system that got me
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  14. #29

    • Ducksketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bonafide SoCal original
    Posts
    141

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Regardless of the age, it is still stealing. If he is given a pass because he was only 6, what about the parents who should have been watching and not allowing their child to steal fastpasses? Do they get a pass, too?
    Statue of limitations for a misdemeanor is 6 months in California. This happened over 10 years ago.

  15. #30

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,598

    Re: Old Fastpass trick

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    What monetary value do FP's have?
    The item taken doesn’t need to have monetary value for it to be considered stealing. If someone takes something that they are not entitled to, it is stealing.

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I mean, yeah, it would be bad to do this all the time, but everyone's getting all upset over something that
    1. can't happen anymore
    2. happened several years ago
    3. done by a young child
    So if something is wrong, but it is not done that often, it is ok?

    As for being done by a child, shouldn’t there have been parents around who went up to the worker stationed by the machines handed back the extra passes and said, “I’m sorry Mr. Disney Worker. My child was pushing buttons and it made all these extra fastpasses come out.” Was the six-year-old child just allowed to run amok at Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post
    Statue of limitations for a misdemeanor is 6 months in California. This happened over 10 years ago.
    That’s completely irrelevant. This is only relevant if they were actually trying to prosecute for stolen fastpasses. The mere fact that the statute has tolled simply means that they cannot legally get in trouble for this anymore. It doesn’t mean that the actions weren’t wrong.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Stars Tours Old Fastpass Location
    By WoC 95 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 09:41 PM
  2. The Philosophy of a Four Year Old
    By mamabot in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 05:31 PM
  3. Too old to Trick or Treat
    By Nephythys in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 02:38 PM
  4. Old Bear Bridge At Big Thunder Mountain
    By MAGIC KINGDOM in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 06:00 AM
  5. The Old Matterhorn??
    By MAGIC KINGDOM in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 03:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •