Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Old Fastpass trick

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The item taken doesn’t need to have monetary value for it to be considered stealing. If someone takes something that they are not entitled to, it is stealing.

So if something is wrong, but it is not done that often, it is ok?

As for being done by a child, shouldn’t there have been parents around who went up to the worker stationed by the machines handed back the extra passes and said, “I’m sorry Mr. Disney Worker. My child was pushing buttons and it made all these extra fastpasses come out.” Was the six-year-old child just allowed to run amok at Disneyland?

That’s completely irrelevant. This is only relevant if they were actually trying to prosecute for stolen fastpasses. The mere fact that the statute has tolled simply means that they cannot legally get in trouble for this anymore. It doesn’t mean that the actions weren’t wrong.
    You're taking it too seriously. This is a funny anecdote about the early days of the FP system. Not a criminal confession.

• Hukuna Matata!

Every time you pushed that button someone stubbed their tow. Thanks for that.

• No Disassemble!

I remember when the CM's would wave their hand over box when the pressed the button like it was a magic trick. I'd just stand there looking at his other hand doing something behind the box and going "hah, I see what you did there".
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Ducksketeer

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Thatís completely irrelevant. This is only relevant if they were actually trying to prosecute for stolen fastpasses. The mere fact that the statute has tolled simply means that they cannot legally get in trouble for this anymore. It doesnít mean that the actions werenít wrong.
    Under California law children under the age of 14 cannot be charged with a crime without clear and present proof that they understood the wrongfulness of their actions at the time the offense occurred. And while I will agree that a 11-13 year old probably knows better. I can assure you that no District attorney would ever charge a 6 year old with any crime.

• See Ya Real Soon!

OMG! Who said anything about prosecuting a 6 year old or the 17 year old former 6 year old?

• Disney Philosopher

While this thread is funny...I think some are trying to make the distinction that there is a difference between right and wrong. As adults we should accept the responsibility to teach that to children of all ages.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain View Post
    As adults we should accept the responsibility to teach that to children of all ages.
    Wish more adults/parents believed in this.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post
    Under California law children under the age of 14 cannot be charged with a crime without clear and present proof that they understood the wrongfulness of their actions at the time the offense occurred. And while I will agree that a 11-13 year old probably knows better. I can assure you that no District attorney would ever charge a 6 year old with any crime.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Ducksketeer

OMG! Who said anything about prosecuting a 6 year old or the 17 year old former 6 year old?
    My point was that it's only a wrongful act if the child knows better. If the parents were not there, or not willing to reinforce to the young child that it was a wrongful act, it was not a wrongful act that a 6 year old can be held accountable for.

• -

My point was that it's only a wrongful act if the child knows better.
    The act is wrongful whether or not the child knew about it. Stealing is stealing. The child may not have intended to do something wrong, but nonetheless, they did. This is when the parents need to step in to inform the child what they did was wrong, not tell them it wasn’t wrong because they didn’t know any better. The parent needs to educate that the action was wrong and let them know that this time it’s ok, but next time there will be consequences.
    If the parents were not there, or not willing to reinforce to the young child that it was a wrongful act, it was not a wrongful act that a 6 year old can be held accountable for.
    Again, not true. That is when the workers need to step in and find out where the child’s parents are. If they can be found, the worker would need to inform the parent of what happened and let the parent deal with it. If not around, the worker needs to let the child know that they can’t be pushing the button like that and politely ask for the tickets back. The next step would be to report in an unattended child.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Statue of limitations for a misdemeanor is 6 months in California. This happened over 10 years ago.
    So we'll give him a pass.

• Disney Philosopher

Obvious question. Who would let a 6 year old wander around on their own anyway? HELLO!
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Who doesn't send their 6 year old to the Fast Pass machines with everybody's passes while they sip a cocktail at Cove Bar?

I cant believe how butthurt people are getting over this. Yes I was six and pressed a button that gave me a fastpass, take me to jail right now. And I was not alone. I think I was with my mom because I wasn't tall enough to go on California scremin. I was not alone, I was just chillen leaning up against the fastpass booth and gave some people fastpasses. tell me you wouldn't get more fastpasses if you could. also this thread was to discuss this old loophole and to see if anyone else had come upon this, not drill my 6 year old self for "stealing" fastpasses. Can we please get back on topic here.

• Minion

wow people! it aint stealing! it has no value to it and it's basically trash.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast