Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Do You Agree With This Comment For Mara's Projection?

haven't seen it in person yet so i can't totally say, but judging from the video i've got to say i agree. projections do come off as a somewhat cheap effect. the davy jones projection in pirates is a prime example, to me it just seems totally out of place.

that being said, i think overall its a nice addition, even if the execution is a little lacking. maybe if they were to somehow put the lighting effects within mara itself it would be a little more believable.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    haven't seen it in person yet so i can't totally say, but judging from the video i've got to say i agree. projections do come off as a somewhat cheap effect. the davy jones projection in pirates is a prime example, to me it just seems totally out of place.

that being said, i think overall its a nice addition, even if the execution is a little lacking. maybe if they were to somehow put the lighting effects within mara itself it would be a little more believable.
    Judging by video and seeing it firsthand are two totally different things. Go experience it in person, and then come back and let us know what you think.

No I love this new effect which makes you say oh we're screwed. Its make just jump you out of your seat and its way more terrifying than the smoky eyes. When i go in December i have yet to see it in person.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I Love the new Mara projection effect! Makes Mara look more alive than ever before!

I just wish the jeep would go slower in that room, to allow for a little more time, before Mara wakes up.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I Love the new Mara projection effect! Makes Mara look more alive than ever before!

I just wish the jeep would go slower in that room, to allow for a little more time, before Mara wakes up.
    But the problem is that I think tnhe jeeps are automatically set to leave the station right as the jeep infront of you goes through one of the doors.

So with that in place, it takes as much time for the jeep ahead of you to complete the hall of promise as it does for you to complete the chamber of destiny going through the doors.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    But the problem is that I think tnhe jeeps are automatically set to leave the station right as the jeep infront of you goes through one of the doors.

So with that in place, it takes as much time for the jeep ahead of you to complete the hall of promise as it does for you to complete the chamber of destiny going through the doors.
    Well, then it's a question of showmanship with fewer riders per hours, or lesser quality show with more riders per hour? I'd rather have a better show.

ORRRRR could they keep the same number of vehicle leave per hour, AND have Mara "come alive" further down the road, when you get closer to Mara!

• MaliBOOMer

I thought I wouldn't like the projection effects from watching the video. I was wrong, they look outstanding. My favorite being the Youth and Beauty one with the cracking face and blood. The quality in the projections is extremely high, it looks very clean and as if it fits right in. I don't really care for the observatory of the future one though. The effect seems a lot less natural and the lightning looks a little strange as it randomly appears on Mara's face.

I was very unhappy with the voice change though, and now that they changed the voice back I am content.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Well for the rat room, I always thought that they should have added the effect to the seats in the rat room of the same one you felt during "Honey I shrunk the Audience" with the mice. That would have been cool. Make it feel like there are rats crawling all over the jeep and onto the people.

The bugs and rats are both elements from the movie, just like the boulder, the bridge, skeletons and snakes.

And they did do some work in the dart room, but it was mostly just some paint stuff.
    I've heard that this effect and even the effect of the bugs on the seats from Tough To Be a Bug were part of the Blue Sky for this ride.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I thought I wouldn't like the projection effects from watching the video. I was wrong, they look outstanding. My favorite being the Youth and Beauty one with the cracking face and blood. The quality in the projections is extremely high, it looks very clean and as if it fits right in. I don't really care for the observatory of the future one though. The effect seems a lot less natural and the lightning looks a little strange as it randomly appears on Mara's face.

I was very unhappy with the voice change though, and now that they changed the voice back I am content.

If we are just talking about Mara's face, then I agree. It's all over the place. Now the room itself, I think looks the coolest.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Well, it's Youtube first of all... not exactly great commentary on there.

I would say that the original effect was boring and uneventful. Flashing eyes and smoke coming out of obvious holes in them? Not exactly terrifying.

But I agree that the rat section needs the most help.

I have yet to see it in person, but I think it is a nice addition.

Before you went through each of the doors into a room that looked exactly the same as the other rooms (yes I know that they are all the same room). This new effect gives each of the 3 rooms it's own personality and makes it different and actually strengthens the effect of the 3 different doors.

I'm looking forward to seeing it on my next visit, whenever that will be.
    Be a Hippo Hero! Please visit www.SaveTheAnimatronicHippos.org

no
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
    --> Zero to Hero Transformation

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I think of Mara now as more of a person than just a rock that somehow just cursed me to the gates of doooom! Do you think Tokyo could do something like this for their crystal skull?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I think the overall projection is cool, but what I don't like is the projected eyes. They should have left the flashing eyes in addition to the projection.
    I agree. I don't like the cartoony eyes. I like that they open and are projected, but not the cartoonyness of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    I think they should have tackled the completely awkward rat room where nothing happens, the corny bug projections and the Mr. Toad dart room before doing something unnecessary like this.
    It seems to go unmentioned, but I believe they also replaced the projector in the rat room because when I rode through a few days ago the images looked brighter and crisper than I have ever seen them. And even though it's a simple coat of paint, I really like the detail they added to the spear room.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Quote Originally Posted by Kohrsfilms View Post
    I have yet to see it in person, but I think it is a nice addition.

Before you went through each of the doors into a room that looked exactly the same as the other rooms (yes I know that they are all the same room). This new effect gives each of the 3 rooms it's own personality and makes it different and actually strengthens the effect of the 3 different doors.

I'm looking forward to seeing it on my next visit, whenever that will be.
    There were subtle differences in the rooms, the scrims on the sides of the rooms showed different images and the observatory of the future had stars on the ceiling, but this is much more pronounced. We happened to be visiting the first night they did AP previews and the ride was broken down and werent sure if it was going to reopen for the preview. So glad we stayed around cause we got to go 5 times in an hour! Really impressed by these changes and I hope it points to futures upgrades and additions to this ride!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast