Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Question Do You Agree With This Comment For Mara's Projection?

I found this on this youtube video here [HD] NEW - Old Mara's Voice Return - Full Indiana Jones Ride-Through - Disneyland - YouTube

"I have to say the new projection just doesn't work as far as pacing and revelation go. The original had more of a build up and was staged better. The current imagineers know nothing of show and stage craft the way the original or even more recent imagineers did. This looks like something you would find at Universal Studios. No thank you"

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Do You Agree With This Comment For Mara's Projection?

I disagree.

This was a total, out of left field enhancement that Disney decided to do and it's a good one at that. The original Mara eye effect hardly ever worked at all, and if it did you were only getting 50% of it. This upgrade only pluses the attraction, not to mention it's actually sort of scary. Other than the voice debacle which has now been resolved all this added effect does is intensify the experience of this already great attraction.

• Certified in everything

I disagree. I think that the pacing may seem off because the projections are new. Currently, yes, there might seem to be too much focus on the projections whereas maybe the big reveal is supposed to be the bridge room. However, the problem seems to lie more with the fact that they are new rather than them being too flashy, or too early of a reveal.

Ultimately, I think these projections make the Mara story more transparent and enhance the experience. Once the "newness" wears off, I expect they'll fit right in.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• No Disassemble!

Indy definitely needs updating and the Mara projection effect is one step in the right direction. Pacing can always be fixed on this attraction by programming the ride vehicles, something that has been long overdue for an overhaul as well.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Heavy Breather

I think the last place to look for constructive criticism is the YouTube comments section.

I think it improves the story immensely. It emphasizes that mara is supernatural, has real power and is a real threat, and is better in line with the backstory that the Jewel of Power is what gives mara control over the temple. The old way felt like mara was less important.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Senior Monorail Minion

100% disagree...

The new effect is extremely well-done and tasteful. It looks great. The projection is right on target, and it works for the ride. In fact, you can't even tell it's a projection unless you knew the original ride well. It certainly enhances the ride.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I think it tells the story better.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

The new effects are spectacularly creepy and amazing! The best three rides of Indy in recent memory were from my trip this weekend, in large part from the awesome new effects (also clear and great audio and all effects working on ride, especially all the fire). Everyone I talked to thought it vastly improved attraction.

• The doctor is in

I think the overall projection is cool, but what I don't like is the projected eyes. They should have left the flashing eyes in addition to the projection. I do agree that it looks like something you'd find in Universal Studios. I've seen videos of the Mummy ride at USH and USO and it is a similar effect.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

I think they should have tackled the completely awkward rat room where nothing happens, the corny bug projections and the Mr. Toad dart room before doing something unnecessary like this.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

No its just a new effect...I do agree the ride needs an overhaul and some new effects added to about every room but I have no clue why'd you dislike this effect over just flashing eyes

• The Pumpkin King

Well for the rat room, I always thought that they should have added the effect to the seats in the rat room of the same one you felt during "Honey I shrunk the Audience" with the mice. That would have been cool. Make it feel like there are rats crawling all over the jeep and onto the people.

The bugs and rats are both elements from the movie, just like the boulder, the bridge, skeletons and snakes.

And they did do some work in the dart room, but it was mostly just some paint stuff.

• Greetings, Program!

Han shot first.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Berm Buster

I finally rode it this past weekend to see the new effects and I swear my heart stopped for a second when the eyes opened. O________O

I definitely am all for the new effects and see nothing wrong with the pacing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast