• Senior Monorail Minion

Keep Paradise Pier Entertainment!

I usually don't enjoy streetmosphere entertainment too much, although I believe it truly adds to the theme of an area. When walking through PP this last week, I was extremely impressed with the performers, not because of whatever act they were putting on, but because they added so much to the atmosphere of PP. It really added to the overall appeal of PP and frankly, it made me enjoy it more. It felt "lived in" for once, a feeling I've never gotten from that area before. Ever.

Disney- please keep the roaming PP acts. No need for the stage, but having two performers out or so like Buena Vista street would be AWESOME!!!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Keep Paradise Pier Entertainment!

I was literally just about to post about this!

I second this and totally agree! I'm so upset I missed this during the weekend (there was literally no type of promotion, unfortunately). I saw the pictures and video on Dateline Disney update and from what I saw, I was VERY impressed. Goes to show what a little infusion to a land can do. Paradise Pier has improved so much and has become a mostly great land (has really great areas like Midway Mania and the Garden area by SSS; the carousel, stores, and Screamin queue at still eyesores) with great potential, and this shows some of that potential.

The character costumes were perfect! The vintage beachwear is great! I think they should keep using those costumes for characters in PP. The sideshow acts were even better! Loved the use of vintage jazz in the little show. Jugglers, stilt walkers, a non-freaky clown, a contortionist...just add a sword swallower, a fire breather, snake girl, and such, and you have a great thing going. Keep them as streetmosphere or even create a little show with them, complete with a sideshow barker. It's the perfect vintage fit for the boardwalk and a great way to add more energy to a land that seems to lack it, once you get closer (land has tons of energy when looking at it further away, there's tons of motion). Fits great with the high-energy rag jazz on the boardwalk and seems to create something special.

• Minion

Agreed! I was happily surprised when I went this past Wednesday to find a stilt-walker/juggler and a unicycling musician. Is it cheesy? Yep. But it totally meshes with the beach-front paradise that really throws you far away from any present-day pier.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

DCA just got rid of a lot of stuff that made it tacky. No reason to bring the tacky back to DCA. With acts like those, lets hope and pray the Star Wars Makeover of Tomorrowland is NOT anything like this:

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    DCA just got rid of a lot of stuff that made it tacky. No reason to bring the tacky back to DCA.
    I'd respectfully disagree with this being 'tacky' - it's in-theme to a seaside amusement park and circuses and circus performers are way ancient and don't have to be 'cheesy' - and from the looks of all media posted so far about this, I don't think this a was clowns throwing pies type thing that is considered juvenile. It's not Cirque du Soleil either of course, but there are card tricks/small-scale magic right now inside Disneyland proper and New Orleans Square used to have a mime with a unicycle. I'd like to see these type of performers be on the Pier more regularly, absolutely.

Any pictures I want to see.

• Minion

While I was looking at the photos I was thinking that it would be great if they stayed about. Doubt they will though

• Minion

DCA just got rid of a lot of stuff that made it tacky. No reason to bring the tacky back to DCA. With acts like those, lets hope and pray the Star Wars Makeover of Tomorrowland is NOT anything like this:

Please explain how the performers are tacky. They perfectly fit Paradise Pier's theme.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Please explain how the performers are tacky. They perfectly fit Paradise Pier's theme.
    Quite simply, the ENTIRE "un'theme of Paradise Pier is tacky. The only part of Paradise Pier that went unchanged was the "Sideshow" shop. Sideshows are the tackiest part of carnies. There just isn't a romanticized version of sideshows that work for Disney.

Leave the tacky Sideshows to "Bob" at Universal.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Tacky? Thats pretty epic in my opinion lol
    I think im just a sucker for flaming bagpipes...

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Singing Drinker

Funny Universal gets mentioned. They've had "Streetmosphere" type actors in the various themed upper lot streets for a while now. "New York" has NY cop and "Brownstone Resident" characters as well as occasional "vendors". France has a very Clouseau-esque inspector and other characters, "London" has bobbies and such.

Good to see Disney catching back up there. They really add a lot to the area - makes it "lived in" and not static sets.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Biggest Disney Fan

I kinda like the Paradise Pier Streetmosphere except for the clowns. No clowns

• Selfie Expert

This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life.
    You had me at flaming bagpipes...

• I am number 4 of 999

They really did add an energy to the pier that makes WAY more sense than Green Army Men banging on drums does! I would absolutely love for it to return in the future!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".