Thread: January trip

• Among mad people

January trip

So, Ive booked my trip for January and I will be down from the 13-24. Turns out this NAMM show is in there too and I just found out that the tinkerbell marathon happens at the same time. I've prepared myself and my wife for the possibility of various ride closures, splash mountain, space mountain, fantasmic maybe, just due to time of year. This marathon was a surprise to me.
    Does it impact the park hours at all? I noticed on the webpage for it that it talks about some buffet thing afterwards. The park hours are already slim Im sure and would be dissapointed if they're cut even more.

Also, we'll be celebrating our first child's first birthday there. He wont remember much, Im sure, but this trip is more for my wife than him. We went a couple times last year but she was pregnant so missed out on all her favorite rides as well as all the carsland rides.

We'll be attempting to book the fantasmic dessert as well as character dining that we enjoy as soon as it comes available but I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas to make this special for us and his birthday? We don't plan to do any tours. We did the Walt's footsteps one last time but it was before they added his apartment. I don't think it could get better than the last tour anyway. It was us and 1 other person!

Thanks

• Under that tree again!

Re: January trip

With your 1yo would you want the inflexibility of going on a tour?

Book a hotel soon. NAMM doesn't make the parks busy, but it does fill hotels to the south a bit. The marathon will fill hotels to the north, but only add a tiny bit of crowds to the parks. MLK day barely adds crowds too as it's not a holiday where nobody works and all schools are out.

About the hours, the marathon doesn't cut into them. It's low season and 10-8 is the normal weekday and on the weekend 9-10. MLK day I think the parks opened longer 8-10 or 11.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 09-02-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Among mad people

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    With your 1yo would you want the inflexibility of going on a tour?
    Sorry. It was kind of buried in the bottom of the post, but I said we do NOT on doing tours. You're totally right, no way that I would want that.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Book a hotel soon. NAMM doesn't make the parks busy, but it does fill hotels to the south a bit. The marathon will fill hotels to the north, but only add a tiny bit of crowds to the parks. MLK day barely adds crowds too as it's not a holiday where nobody works and all schools are out.

About the hours, the marathon doesn't cut into them. It's low season and 10-8 is the normal weekday and on the weekend 9-10. MLK day I think the parks opened longer 8-10 or 11.
    I already have booked my hotel as well. I ended up booking the Park Vue inn. I read good reviews about them. I've normally stayed at various hotels down the same street but this time around I was looking for closeness.

It's good to hear that the NAMM convention and the marathon won't add a bunch of people to the parks.

Thanks!
    Just sayin'

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

For the 1 year old, you should definitely bring a camera. I recommend the Minnie and friends breakfast. Ride the horse-drawn carriage down to the hub. Say hi to me at Main Street Cinema if you can. Tiki room would be tons of fun for his little mind. Tarzan's Treehouse and the Jungle Cruise would bring the little explorer out of him, Tom Sawyer's Island too as long as he does not hurt himself. Go on the little rides like in Fantasyland. Small world, snow white, peter pan especially, carousel, dumbo, casey jr, alice in wonderland, and teacups. It all depends if he is tall enough for some rides. Mr. Toad ride might scare him. Check out Fantasy Faire and watch a Disney story be told. Meet many characters even like going to Mickey's house in Toontown. Toontown will be perfect for him. The roller coaster, chip n dale's treehouse, Donald's boat, and roger rabbit's car toon spin will be awesome. For lunch, go to Village Haus Restaurant if you're in Fantasyland or Hungry Bear Restaurant before/after going on Winnie the Pooh. Splash Mountain might be scary during the drop for him. POTC and Haunted Mansion might scare him or maybe not, let him decide. Ride the neo subs during the daytime so you can see everything. Buzz Lightyear, Autopia, and the Astro Orbitor are great for his age. Go see Fantasmic! and fireworks so he will have the perfect ending to a perfect day. Sometime on this day, ride the Disneyland Railroad from Tomorrowland to Main Street (maybe when you leave) so that he can see the dinosaurs. I don't remember my first birthday, hopefully he will remember his.

If you read him bedtime stories, I write some about Disneyland and how we come to life and go on wild adventures and do crazy things. Just go to the link in my signature and maybe he'll like it. There are pictures that go with it too.

"Have a very happy birthday to you, to you, a very happy birthday to you, to you!"
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Sock Puppet

We too also celebrated the passage of 1 year of the little human we created at Disneyland. Yes, the trip was more for us than her. She actually had a really great time there. Set your expectations for ride accomplishments low. However, the riders swap pass is fantastic and allows you to ride things fairly quickly. bring a baby carrier of some kind and wear your little human around the park. I think dressing him up and getting the Disney birthday button will grab a lot of attention. my daughter met mickey at 1 and she loved him from that moment on!

• Singing Drinker

NAMM's mainly going to impact if you're planning any activities off resort. I have friends who hop back and forth, it DOES have a certain boost to attendance but nowhere near as much as, say, the Cheerleader competitions. Those tend to flood the park.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.