Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 196

Thread: Social Clubs

  1. #181

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    130

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0bo0kity View Post
    When did walking in a line become a crime ?!?!? I do believe we are free to walk any way we want. My first thought when you shared you negative opinion about people from California I thought Hey that guy must be from Oregon. My cousins are very tall and hate it here too so you dislike most of us and don't like people who point out the truth in magic tricks. Sounds to me you were looking to have a problem with them! The second incident you are describing are the longest 30 seconds in the world. If you were walking in a line it must have been very crowded and you can always walk a number of ways. Point is she bumped him he was laughing (maybe already laughing) so you intentionally hit him. Reality is you were looking for the excuse to cause a problem !

    Also these people are not dressed like gang members!!!!! If you want to know what one looks like I can tell you were to go. They don't look like real bikers either. Their vest are no different than any other groups and its just the same as family t-shirts.

    Even my 84 year old grandma thinks its sad that every one is picking on them
    Sorry, but I did not misunderstand/mistake/fail to see anything. I saw the entire thing clear as could be. It was exactly
    as I described.

    Also, as far as I believe, anyone is free to do anything they want up until the point that it negatively affects someone else. If you'll notice, I didn't complain one bit about the large amount of gay people that I saw on Monday- since they didn't affect my day at all.

    It's a funny thing, how California people act... If I drive the speed limit in the far right lane of the freeway I get cut off, flipped off, people drive by yelling things, and brake checked to no end... In California. Once I cross the river and drive in exactly the same way, the local drivers are courteous and respectful. California breeds a culture of self-righteousness and arrogance that is slowly spreading and infecting other cities and states.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris249 View Post
    Funny you mention that. I was there monday at the magic shop. There was only two of us that day at the park with vest on. We know the guy personally at the magic shop. We are very close friends with all of them there. I dont remember one of us walking into anybody. I know when I bump into somebody when I am not paying attention I always apologize and say sorry. If it was me or my other friend I apologize. But honestly I don't recall anybody bumping into somebody and laughing right after and then bumping into somebody else
    The two groups of Main Street Elite "members" were completely different. I don't know how your group organizes trips or the like, but there were quite a few of you there on Monday. Now, please understand, you may be the nicest person in the world (and I'll bet that I didn't interact with you, at that), but the person on Main Street was a pompous jerk that picked on the wrong person that day. Plowing into my girlfriend was completely unacceptable, and that person was made very aware that they were in the wrong in doing so.

  2. #182

    • Disneyland Dreamer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Historic Downtown Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0bo0kity View Post
    When did walking in a line become a crime ?!?!? I do believe we are free to walk any way we want. My first thought when you shared you negative opinion about people from California I thought Hey that guy must be from Oregon. My cousins are very tall and hate it here too so you dislike most of us and don't like people who point out the truth in magic tricks. Sounds to me you were looking to have a problem with them! The second incident you are describing are the longest 30 seconds in the world. If you were walking in a line it must have been very crowded and you can always walk a number of ways. Point is she bumped him he was laughing (maybe already laughing) so you intentionally hit him. Reality is you were looking for the excuse to cause a problem !

    Also these people are not dressed like gang members!!!!! If you want to know what one looks like I can tell you were to go. They don't look like real bikers either. Their vest are no different than any other groups and its just the same as family t-shirts.

    Even my 84 year old grandma thinks its sad that every one is picking on them
    Blindly defending offensive behavior (shouldering a girl and laughing about it and then getting put in their place when confronted with someone their size) isn't helping the SC cause. Act like a thug get treated like a thug.

  3. #183

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    169

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Blindly defending offensive behavior (shouldering a girl and laughing about it and then getting put in their place when confronted with someone their size) isn't helping the SC cause. Act like a thug get treated like a thug.
    Did you witness this? Sure, if some guy bumped into a girl and then turned and laughed at her that would be incredibly obnoxious. But, if you read the post you responded to, they were suggesting it might not have happened like that.

    For myself, of course I believe everything I read on the internet. But when the same guy says that all 38 million Californians are arrogant and self-righteous, I start to wonder if that's really how it went down. No way for me to know one way or the other, so until I witness something myself I'll give the SC the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by Steveman; 10-09-2013 at 10:52 PM.

  4. #184

    • Foolish Mortal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    21.3 miles west of DL
    Posts
    548

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0bo0kity View Post
    Their vest are no different than any other groups and its just the same as family t-shirts.
    Yes they are. If they weren't any different than family t-shirts, they would wear those. I don't get why some people fail to accept the fact that these SC Vests are mimicking just about every aspect of a MC cut.

    Ironic that they gave Kim Coates ("Tig" of Sons of Anarchy fame) a MSE jacket to hold for a picture...


    another "same as a family t-shirt" vest...


    more originality...


    Some of these SC clubs to say they aren't trying to imitate the MC look... their group photo looks pretty similar to that of a MC group shot (MC is on left)


    It's bewildering how some of the SC members are blind to the fact that the way they portray themselves could possibly be intimidating to guests at the parks.
    Last edited by moregumboplease; 10-09-2013 at 08:41 PM.

  5. #185

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Blindly defending offensive behavior (shouldering a girl and laughing about it and then getting put in their place when confronted with someone their size) isn't helping the SC cause. Act like a thug get treated like a thug.

    Im not defending offensive behavior. I go to Disney 3-4 times a week and see these clubs all the time. Only once did I ever have a issue with one person in a club. Are you ready for it ... He was smoking in the Toy Story parking! Is this a crime nope but my daughter just happens to have asthma. Other than that I've only seen very nice informative people. Please believe that I'm a mother that has NO PROBLEM pointing out a jerk when I see one! I've had more problems with out of state guests or the prissy adults. I've even had a problem with a CM on a power trip and boy did I point that out.

    This guy did nothing but show us what kind of person he is. 1) hate CA and the people here 2) was bothered by reveal of magic trick 3) he walked toward them to show them how big he was! Sounds like a bully to me!!!

    Ive traveled several places my self and there is jerks everywhere not just California

    all this stems from a group of people unhappy with themselves so they want to run there mouths about people that are different. They need to find something they love so they won't have to stick their nose in other people's lives.

    if anyone wants to question these SC's go up and talk to one or email them! Look them up on Instagram

    keep in mind these crazy anti -sc people are now making fake profiles to make them look bad. It's sad someone has so much time on their hands to pick on other people

  6. #186

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    52

    Re: Social Clubs

    I wonder if there was a way to start or get into a club that DOESNT cause trouble...
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

  7. #187

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12

    Re: Social Clubs

    People amaze me!!! Ok so then my scouts and leaders are mimicking them too??? They wear vests with patches and pins. Yes my scouts are blue, brown, green and tan but the leaders are Jean. They had the very same type patches for the last 10-15 years. So what the older ladies wanted to be Hells Angels and scouts was the best they could do?!?! They are the very same Why because they have MICKEY MOUSE ON THEM. A vest is a vest it holds patches and pins BIG DEAL! It's what you put on them that counts !


    BTW if you have a vest to put all your disney patches and pins on you don't have to use one of those annoying lanyards. If you wear a family t-shirt you need one right ?!?!


    also one of the clubs has t-Shirts that they wear and that's awesome too.


    everyone wants to put them down but no one is looking at the big picture. These random people are posting threats against them and that's wrong!!! One of the clubs has all autistic children. There vests with a Mickey head made of puzzles pieces is one way to help raise awareness . Personally I think that's great and shame on anyone that would make threats against them!!!

  8. #188

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    169

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    Yes they are. If they weren't any different than family t-shirts, they would wear those. I don't get why some people fail to accept the fact that these SC Vests are mimicking just about every aspect of a MC cut.

    Ironic that they gave Kim Coates ("Tig" of Sons of Anarchy fame) a MSE jacket to hold for a picture...


    another "same as a family t-shirt" vest...


    more originality...


    Some of these SC clubs to say they aren't trying to imitate the MC look... their group photo looks pretty similar to that of a MC group shot (MC is on left)


    It's bewildering how some of the SC members are blind to the fact that the way they portray themselves could possibly be intimidating to guests at the parks.
    Yes, all so very scary. That couple in The Hitchhikers are downright terrifying.

  9. #189

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    337

    Re: Social Clubs

    I started a club called the Captain EO Elite. So far, I'm the only member. The rules are you have to see Captain EO every time you go to Disneyland, you wear sleeveless denim with Michael Jackson's face on the back and carry around a boombox playing the Bad album.

  10. #190

    • Disneyland Dreamer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Historic Downtown Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    Did you witness this? Sure, if some guy bumped into a girl and then turned and laughed at her that would be incredibly obnoxious. .
    t.
    The post I read said exactly that. While I have witnessed MSE in the park (and I have nothing negative to post about them other than they took the spot I wanted piloting the Mark Twain), if I witnessed anything like that from a member of an organized group, I'd treat the whole group with disdain. One rotten apple spoils the bunch.

    I've witnessed a lot of horrible behavior at DLR from patrons. It is disappointing that this is what society has devolved into. Disrespectful people everywhere from all facets of life. Its so pleasant when you see people going above and beyond in ordinary life. We should ALL laud proper behavior, and shame disrespectful behavior. Maybe people would act like humans and not animals. If more people were vocal/reactive to supporting good behavior and discouraging bad behavior.

  11. #191

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    I started a club called the Captain EO Elite. So far, I'm the only member. The rules are you have to see Captain EO every time you go to Disneyland, you wear sleeveless denim with Michael Jackson's face on the back and carry around a boombox playing the Bad album.

    Sad you people want to make fun of people and the clubs they belong to. I bet you made fun of the Poke Mon clubs and Chess clubs in High School! Or were you made fun of because you were part these types of clubs and this is a way to get back!?!?

    Think it's time for everyone to grow up and realize not everyone has to look and act like you

  12. #192

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    52

    Re: Social Clubs

    that sounds awesome!
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

  13. #193

    • Foolish Mortal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    21.3 miles west of DL
    Posts
    548

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    Yes, all so very scary. That couple in The Hitchhikers are downright terrifying.
    The point, you missed it.

  14. #194

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    169

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    The point, you missed it.
    That they're "emulating motorcycle clubs"? Because they have vests. But I thought the bigger point was that this makes them intimidating and scary. Whatever.

  15. #195

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Social Clubs

    Quote Originally Posted by Wall to Wall Creep View Post
    It's a funny thing, how California people act... If I drive the speed limit in the far right lane of the freeway I get cut off, flipped off, people drive by yelling things, and brake checked to no end... In California. Once I cross the river and drive in exactly the same way, the local drivers are courteous and respectful. California breeds a culture of self-righteousness and arrogance that is slowly spreading and infecting other cities and states.
    Wow. It must be hard for you to enjoy your visits to our state, when you seem to dislike CA and judge its residents so much. I could mention that we have more people here than some small countries, and that there's a huge diversity of cultures and attitudes, but if you feel this way I'm not going to change your mind on a message board.

    And I'm still not sure - and this is directed not just to you - why the mere fact that they're wearing motorcycle club style vests is so scary and intimidating. I don't dig motorcycle club culture but the fact that people wear rocker vests doesn't make them bad. These vests aren't associated with any actual known mcs or criminal gangs. It's a vest with graphics of cartoon characters. It's not a Crips bandana. They're walking through Disneyland. You're not encountering them in a dark alley somewhere. If they're walking through the park and minding their own business, what is the big deal? Does anyone honestly think that Disney security would allow a group of people into the park if they thought there was ANY hint that the group was going to be dangerous in any way?
    Last edited by Malina; 10-09-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ice Cream Social - Who's Gonna Be There?
    By NeverNeverland in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 01:08 PM
  2. MiceChat Ice Cream Social Meet!
    By NeverNeverland in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 06:18 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 04:05 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 11:56 AM
  5. Clubs???
    By PirateMunkee in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 07:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •