Help Jugging Fireworks and Fantasmic!

We will be visiting Disneyland from Sept 29 to Oct 2. The only night that has the parade, Fantasmic and Fireworks is that Sunday night. They close early the other nights. We will be going to the Tuesday Halloween party, but I know the Fireworks and Parade are different.

The big question is - how do we swing all three of these?

I am think Parade is easy because it is earlier than fireworks and Fantasmic.
    How do I juggle fireworks and Fantasmic?
    Times given are:
    Fantasmic 9 pm and 10:30 pm
    Fireworks 9:30 pm

Looking for guidance on which Fantasmic show to see and where to try to sit/stand for each (and how to get a good spot).

Thanks for your help!

C

• Minion

Re: Help Jugging Fireworks and Fantasmic!

I would recommend seeing the fireworks at 9:30 and heading over to the Rivers of America when its over for Fantasmic. Normally the 10:30 showing is significantly less crowded. It's pretty easy to get a good spot; just any unobstructed view of Tom Sawyer's Island will be fine.

Have fun!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

You have two options:

1) Watch the fireworks and once they are done, head to the Rivers Of America to watch the seond showing of Fantasmic! at 10:30 P.M

or

2) Watch Fantasmic! and then remain in the area and you can watch the fireworks from there at 9:30 P.M.

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Both of the above responses are good ones. My recommended plan of attack is finding a spot to watch Fireworks from (typically either on the front side or the Tomorrowland side of the Hub) and then heading over to the Rivers for the 10:30 Fantasmic!. For Fantasmic!, the sections in Frontierland and in front of Pirates fill up first, whereas the sections over by Haunted Mansion are generally less crowded. If you don't need to be down on the River, some of my favorite spots are the bridge over the Pirates entrance and the raised area by the French Market restaurant.

Good luck!
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

I don't know if there is a scheduling change but I went last weekend and did Fantasmic at 9 then just went to Main Street for the fireworks at 9:30. The view from MS is a good one. It's actually pretty easy to catch both shows.
    10 year AP holder for Disneyland and finally just upgraded to the Premium pass!

Disney Infinity Power Discs for sale/trade.

Started the blog Disney Geekery. Hope you all check it out

I'd just watch the fireworks from the river. You can see most of the fireworks from anywhere within the park.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by WJMamie View Post
    We will be visiting Disneyland from Sept 29 to Oct 2. The only night that has the parade, Fantasmic and Fireworks is that Sunday night. They close early the other nights. We will be going to the Tuesday Halloween party, but I know the Fireworks and Parade are different.

The big question is - how do we swing all three of these?

I am think Parade is easy because it is earlier than fireworks and Fantasmic.
    How do I juggle fireworks and Fantasmic?
    Times given are:
    Fantasmic 9 pm and 10:30 pm
    Fireworks 9:30 pm

Looking for guidance on which Fantasmic show to see and where to try to sit/stand for each (and how to get a good spot).

Thanks for your help!

C
    I guess it depends on what you think is more important to you. If seeing the fireworks at the castle is more important than you can easily get an up-close seat pending you show up an hour before the show (while Fantasmic is going on) then catch Fantasmic at 10:30pm getting a decent viewing spot from the bridge that goes over the POTC marquee or behind the planters that line the walkways between the river and New Orleans Square.

If it's the opposite then show up an hour or more to Fantasmic to get an up-front seat and then stick around for the fireworks that happen about 10 minutes after it ends. Fireworks are for the most part unobstructed and the speakers that are used for Fantasmic are also used to carry the fireworks soundtrack.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Evil is Sexy

We watched the Fireworks from near the "smoking area" at Rivers of America/Haunted Mansion at 9:30, then slid over to an excellent seating spot for the later Fantasmic showing. They pipe the soundtrack for the fireworks over the PA system. The only thing you might miss is the projections on the castle/IaSW. We saw Tink and Dumbo from our area too.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    You have two options:

1) Watch the fireworks and once they are done, head to the Rivers Of America to watch the seond showing of Fantasmic! at 10:30 P.M

or

2) Watch Fantasmic! and then remain in the area and you can watch the fireworks from there at 9:30 P.M.

This.

For me personally, I always watch the first showing of Fantasmic and then stay put to watch fireworks. They play the firework audio at the Rivers of America so it's not like you don't know what is going on.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• WDI Future Show Writer

“Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Watch the Fireworks from Small World! Then head to RoA. The projections on Small World are gorgeous!!!
    Kathy Mangum: "If you show that you want to try, people will want to work with you" #D23Expo

Joe Rodhe: To be an Imagineer, "you have to be the kind of person who wants to share." #D23Expo

• Biggest Disney Fan

If you watch the fireworks from Fantasmic you might not be able to see tinkerbell, dumbo, fireworks on Main Street and other cool effects.