World of Color question

I am coming up with all kinds of questions as I prepare our schedule - thanks for all your help!!

It looks like we only have one shot at World of Color while we are there. I am a little confused because it says DCA closes at 8 pm but World of Color is scheduled at 8:15. Do they leave the area open for the show and just close the rides?

What tips do you have for me re: seeing World of Color?

I notice it is a FastPass event. Should we be at the FastPass line the minute DCA opens (of course, this is on a DL early morning, not DCA, so we will be on the other side of the world).

What does FastPass get us? Access to special viewing areas?

Where should we try to sit/stand? How early do we have to get there?

Thanks again for all your great tips.

C

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Re: World of Color question

Well you should get a fastpass early in the day to see the earliest show (8:15 show). Later in the day, the later the show your going to. If you go early to get a fastpass, you will be seated in the red section, if not it goes through the rainbow: yellow, blue, etc. When you are finding a spot for the show is when you should get there early, cuz it fills up fast. If you have a VIP pass is when you get a special viewing area access. They close the rides at Paradise Pier for the shows, not the whole park. You should sit when waiting for the show to start, but stand when the show is on (everyone does). So it does not matter how early you are to get fastpasses but I recommend it, it matters when your finding a spot cuz it is the same for everyone.

I hope that I helped you out! Enjoy World o Color!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• DMTNT

You need a Fastpass to see World of Color. Fastpass gets you into the viewing area. The earlier you get a Fastpass, the better the section you will be in. Your Fastpass will indicate the section.

Once you have a Fastpass, you will want to get to the viewing area about an hour before the show starts. It starts to fill up early.

Other viewing options are to purchase one of the dining options that include the special viewing area.

Paradise Pier rides all close approximately 30 minutes before the show. If the park is closing at 8pm and the show is at 8:15 that just means they stop letting people in the lines for rides at 8pm. Once the show is over, you will have to leave the park.

Hope that helps.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    If you go early to get a fastpass, you will be seated in the red section, if not it goes through the rainbow: yellow, blue, etc.
    It Starts with Blue.

If you get a FP within the first 45 minutes of Park opening, you should get blue section no problem. Remember the Fast Pass is distributed by Grizzly River Run and doesn't affect your ability to get Fastpasses for other attractions. The fact it is called a Fast Pass is misleading.

I recommend getting there at least 30 minutes before the show starts. I try to stand as close as possible, my favorite spot. The "wet zone" is more of the "light mist zone" don't let that scare you. Some people prefer an elevated view however. I would say just try to find a spot closest to the center bulge (where they let the dining package people stand, if you are in blue that would be furthest to the right, if you are in yellow it's furthest to the left) that has the fewest amount of people standing in front of you, weather that be closest to the water or on a higher tier.

I found this picture really helpful.

Name:  WOCNov-2011viewingarea3-1.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  124.4 KB
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-03-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Minion

You don't have to arrive early to get a Fast Pass anymore. You can get one almost anytime before the early afternoon. If you're really concerned, you can get one early and just be done with it. It does not affect getting another Fast Pass for DCA. Hypothetically, if you were going to DCA at opening, you could get a FP for Radiator Springs Racers, then World of Color, then Soarin' (or Tower of Terror, California Screamin', etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by WJMamie View Post
    I am coming up with all kinds of questions as I prepare our schedule - thanks for all your help!!

It looks like we only have one shot at World of Color while we are there. I am a little confused because it says DCA closes at 8 pm but World of Color is scheduled at 8:15. Do they leave the area open for the show and just close the rides?

What tips do you have for me re: seeing World of Color?

I notice it is a FastPass event. Should we be at the FastPass line the minute DCA opens (of course, this is on a DL early morning, not DCA, so we will be on the other side of the world).

What does FastPass get us? Access to special viewing areas?

Where should we try to sit/stand? How early do we have to get there?

Thanks again for all your great tips.

C
    Some of the information above (including the map) is from when WoC first premiered, and it's not as relevant now.

There is no more Red section. You will either get a FP for the Blue or Yellow section. You should get your FP earlier in the day to make sure you get one (especially since there will only be one showing and no Fantasmic/fireworks to soak up crowds), but it randomizes whether or not you'll get Blue or Yellow, and both sections have equally good vantage points. Blue section stretches from the bridge area/east side of the pier to about the Mermaid building doors. Yellow goes from there to the Zephyr.

The CM's open the "house" for WoC 30 mins before show time, and you can begin lining up in designated areas between 45-60 mins before show time (depends on how busy the park is and how the staffing for WoC is that night). For Blue, the line-up begins near the Pacific Wharf bridge. For Yellow, the line-up begins near Jumpin Jellyfish. Once they open the "house", you can enter your section.

Whichever section you are in, once you enter it, pick a terraced level that you want to stand on, move aaaalllll the way down toward the center (as close to the center rope as you can), and find a spot on the railing in the front of a terrace. Then, hold your spot and don't let go :P If you aren't up on a railing, you will likely have people blocking your view, and while the show is high up, the individual terraces aren't sloped at all, and so unless you are tall you will have someone in your way. Also, the closer to the center rope you can get, the more centered of a view you will receive. As close to parallel with Mickey's Fun Wheel as you can be.

Good luck!
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Thanks for the info! I am going to DCA for the first time ever in a few weeks and was curious as to to best view the show without paying for the dining option.

Any opinion on the Glow with Show ears?

• Sock Puppet

Does anyone know why the October park hours do not include World of Color? Have they just not fully updated the entertainment schedule yet?

Quote Originally Posted by aproo View Post
    Does anyone know why the October park hours do not include World of Color? Have they just not fully updated the entertainment schedule yet?
    WoC is undergoing a refurb sometime this fall, though I'm not sure of the exact dates (and I think Disney is still hammering out its Entertainment calendar during the refurb time as well).
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by lindyv321 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I am going to DCA for the first time ever in a few weeks and was curious as to to best view the show without paying for the dining option.

Very few people use them. I would save your money.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    WoC is undergoing a refurb sometime this fall, though I'm not sure of the exact dates (and I think Disney is still hammering out its Entertainment calendar during the refurb time as well).
    I wondering if the New Holiday show has some effect on this too
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by lindyv321 View Post

I own a pair and I love them. I usually hold them during the show, seeing as it can block the view for some people, but they interact beautifully with the show. And they don't just work with World of Color, they also interact with Fantasmic, the Disneyland Fireworks, the Mad T Party, and even select areas in Cars Land. I'll even link the video that I watched to see if I wanted to purchase them.

And that's just the ears interacting with park surroundings! Trust me, they are one of the best Disneyland investments I ever made. And their technology is slowly spreading to other parks! In fact, Disneyland Paris is starting to incorporate it into their shows. I love my ears, and I highly recommend them. Just make sure you take out the batteries when you get home, because they kill the batteries even when the LED lights aren't on.

• #bringevilback

The GWTS ears are fantastic if viewed in a large group but the effect is lost with the few scattered sets in the crowd. Why did the WOC CMs stop wearing them? They at least provided some extra effect. I wonder if they wil incorporate it into the holiday version...

My fiance and I actually prefer to stand in the back near Little Mermaid to watch WoC. You can see almost everything (some things that are closer to the ground aren't visible, but most of the show is). You don't need Fast Passes to stand back there, either.

I love my GWTS ears! Very few people use them, but they really do add to the show. For a while there, they had a special seating are for GWTS ear wearers. And on accident, my fiance and I got into the front section cos of those ears. There was a couple with GWTS ears that had two extra tickets and wanted someone else with the ears to sit near them. The gentleman saw us with our ears and got us into the section right before the designated wet zone. Plus, they work in other parts of the resort.
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." -Walt Disney

• Rrrrreecite!

I really hope WOC is back on the Calendar for Gaydays! Oct 4th - 6th So many friends coming with that have never seen it. um hello we need rainbow shows!!