Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Starbucks At The Market House To Open Sept 25!

It has been officially announced on the Disneyland Twitter that Starbucks at the Market House on Main Street will open Sept 25th!!

(Via Disney Parks Blog)
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• -

Re: Starbucks At The Market House To Open Sept 25!

Best news I have heard all day. I can't wait.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Finally, we have a date. Took long enough.

Still wishing it was Coffee Bean and not Starbucks.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Or any other brand of coffee
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Minion

if I could choose I would vote for peet's anyways I can't wait to check it out.

Forget the people scrambling in line for coffee, I want to see the line of Disney fans scrambling in their own line to have their chance over the moved telephones to hear the new audio lines that have been added.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Good, I'll be able to get a cup at the halloween event
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yay for more lines!!!

Can't wait!
    My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

Thanks for posting the date. I saw the headline on the blog earlier and skipped over it because I thought that as an Epcot-related post, it didn't pertain to me.

I also prefer the coffee at Coffee Bean over Starbucks, but I'm glad that there will be better-tasting coffee in Main Street than before, that the options for specialty drinks will be greater (as in, there will actually be specialty drinks now hehe), and that there will finally be an option for soy!!!!!

• Workin to live,lovin life

I do drink Starbucks outside of the parks, but I'm not a fan of it being in Disney Theme Parks. Personally, I like getting things at Disney Resorts that I can't get elsewhere... for example Dole Whip is rare outside of Disney Park. Carthay Circle's menu, and as well as the PB&J drink at the Carnation Cafe.

Yes Coke isn't a shop, but is everywhere because it's a staple of American Casual Dining... heck international dining? And it's not like Starbucks where it seems like there is a shop every corner of every neighborhood.

I'm not gonna throw a fit and protest in front of it, but Starbucks in DLR won't be getting a penny of my money. But if you enjoy it, go for it! I'm just stating why I don't like Starbucks in Disney Resorts. I prefer Peet's or Coffee Bean's flavors over Starbucks, but Starbucks is just so convenient in a pinch!

That being said, I wonder why they didn't do a merged logo, with the mermaid with Mickey Ears on her head? The cups are already different than the regular ones, so it can't be a cost saving thing. They could sell Disney exclusive Starbucks cups and tumblers.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    if I could choose I would vote for peet's anyways I can't wait to check it out.
    Me too.

I don't drink Starbucks coffee outside the parks, due to the fact that I don't like the flavor, but I noticed that when I tried it at the cafe in DCA, the flavor was different, and not as bad to me. The translation between real world location, and theme park interpretation, worked in my favor

It will at least be good to get a cup of coffee that has some semblance of actual coffee-ness about it.

Let's just hope the inside of the place passes muster!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    That being said, I wonder why they didn't do a merged logo, with the mermaid with Mickey Ears on her head? The cups are already different than the regular ones, so it can't be a cost saving thing. They could sell Disney exclusive Starbucks cups and tumblers.
    My company works with Starbucks they are a tough company to deal with when it comes to changing anyting about their look and placement of products. I am sure there is on-going dialogue about cool ideas like you mentioned but when it gets down to it two major corporations have to come to an agreement and that is probably the bigger issue Just my opinion having dealt with Starbuck in my job as a vender.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless Abrandon View Post
    I do drink Starbucks outside of the parks, but I'm not a fan of it being in Disney Theme Parks. Personally, I like getting things at Disney Resorts that I can't get elsewhere... for example Dole Whip is rare outside of Disney Park. Carthay Circle's menu, and as well as the PB&J drink at the Carnation Cafe.

Yes Coke isn't a shop, but is everywhere because it's a staple of American Casual Dining... heck international dining? And it's not like Starbucks where it seems like there is a shop every corner of every neighborhood.

I'm not gonna throw a fit and protest in front of it, but Starbucks in DLR won't be getting a penny of my money. But if you enjoy it, go for it! I'm just stating why I don't like Starbucks in Disney Resorts. I prefer Peet's or Coffee Bean's flavors over Starbucks, but Starbucks is just so convenient in a pinch!

I haven't heard anything from *this* particular sponsorship, but I've always been told from past ones that Disney's *very* picky about who they officially let use the appearances that way. It's all rumors, but it includes things like a supposed "Mickey" car for the Chevron cars promotion as well as a firewall put up between the Cars cars and the Autopia cars.

*shrug*

If it's true, it makes a certain sense. Eventually the sponsorship ends and the spoils get divided. While it'd make the most sense just to have the image use dissolve and no longer be considered for rights, business doesn't seem to usually work that way.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Foolish Mortal

My wife will be happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast