Missed Opportunities

Last fall was our only trip during Halloween time at Disneyland. We wanted to go at that time partly because we'd never experienced Disneyland decorated/themed to Halloween, and because I had just read "The Halloween Tree" with my daughter and wanted her to see the tree in Frontierland. Well, we were there for five days, and I still forgot to go look at it with her. On the one hand, it's good that we were having so much fun it slipped our minds, on the other hand I'm really annoyed and kicking myself. We probably won't go back there in the fall for a long time, so I missed a once in a (childhood) lifetime chance for it. Not exactly a big deal, but it really bothers me for some reason.

Do you have any Disneyland missed opportunity experiences?
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

Re: Missed Opportunities

Yes, I have never wandered over to the Court de Angels, even on my most recent trip just last week. Now I'm wishing I did, because now it sounds like I'll never see it in person.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Aww, that sucks. Hopefully they won't close that whole area off and you'll still be able to go back there someday. Makes me think about all the other things I miss around the park that I should try to do/see before they get taken away. The real "Limited Time Magic"

One big one. Despite visiting annually throughout the 70s I never rode the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland and, honestly, I had no idea there was such a ride. It must have been completely off the radar of family visits for some odd reason. Honestly, I may not have enjoyed it if I rode it (I probably would have thought it was "just a train through a bunch of fake stuff") but not to have been on it even once makes me sad.

• Blew By You

I thought the Mickey Fink Keelboats would be there forever. So, I always told myself that I'd ride it on my next visit.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Forget to ask cast member to shine flashlight at hidden eeyore on Indy. Sometimes they wont but Ive seen it once
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

When I was a kid, I never rode the Skyway, People Mover, or Country Bear Jamboree. All I ever wanted to do was ride Splash Mountain over and over...

I don't actually know what the Halloween Tree is!

Edit: OK, I've looked it up, and yes, I have noticed and appreciated the Halloween Tree. Didn't know it had a name or a cool backstory at the time, but I did appreciate the tree as one of those cool, little details that Disney has been so great at...
    Last edited by The First Star; 09-04-2013 at 11:11 PM.

• The doctor is in

I never rode the Skyway because I was too scared as a kid. By the time I was old enough to seriously consider it they were gone.

Never rode the Maliboomer inside DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    Forget to ask cast member to shine flashlight at hidden eeyore on Indy. Sometimes they wont but Ive seen it once
    It's actually pretty tough. It feels like either the line stops too far back. Or it's moving too fast for me to stop and ask a cast member to shine their flashlight up there. I got one to do it a couple years back, though. So now that I know where it is, I can still see it without a light (but barely).

• Foolish Mortal

Nature's Wonderland for me. However, I MIIIIIGHT have gone on it, but was just too young to remember? I'm not sure, my earliest memory of Frontierland is Big Thunder Mountain, and that is when I was around 6 or 7 I believe.

• Singing Drinker

I kinda wish I'd taken the time to go see Light Magic after the AP preview night. At the time I was part of the mob that took an instant dislike to the show, but after looking at pictures of the floats and some of the tech I hope I might have been able to see past the surface defects to the worthwhile elements I missed.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

• Ducksketeer

I wish I had gone into the tobacco shop on Main Street and looked around.