Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Disneyland to buy and build new parking lot

I believe Disney will run into some trouble with the city... One: there's an elementary school directly north of the RV park literaly over the walls. 2: there's western medical center is across the street, 3: the neighboring appartment complexes may not be to thrilled with having so much disney traffic going through there... Plus it's kinda ghetto

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I don't know how CMs are going to feel about this because either they have to wait for a CM shuttle (yea right) or walk to Harbor Point or to TDA gate to get in. I don't think Disney is going to like have such a high amount of CM walking along the street in uniform to and from work.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Banned User

This doesn't have much to do with a third gate as it wouldn't come close to solving the issues regarding a third gate.

A third gate would have maybe 9,000 more castmembers? They'd need a place to park, in addition to guests visiting a third gate, maybe they'd have to add another Mickey and Friends sized parking structure, just for the guests.

To help solve the castmember parking, they'd have to put a large dedicated CM parking structure on the Pumba lot, and build a massive underground parking structure for guests to the third gate . . . perhaps underneath the third gate itself. Expensive, yes, but I think would be the only feasible solution to this logistical mess.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    I believe Disney will run into some trouble with the city... One: there's an elementary school directly north of the RV park literaly over the walls. 2: there's western medical center is across the street, 3: the neighboring appartment complexes may not be to thrilled with having so much disney traffic going through there... Plus it's kinda ghetto
    I don't understand what the elementary school and medical center have to do with anything here. The medical center you speak of isn't across the street. It's a gas station, motel, and housing tract across from the RV complex on Ball. The medical center is across another tract of homes facing Anaheim Blvd. Far, far away from this parking lot.

Also, Harbor and Ball isn't "ghetto" - there are some patchy areas down Ball either way and going north on Harbor there is a rough area, but after Broadway/Santa Ana it's fine. It's all part of the historic downtown there, and then after that you are in Fullerton.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 09-05-2013 at 11:48 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I don't know how CMs are going to feel about this because either they have to wait for a CM shuttle (yea right) or walk to Harbor Point or to TDA gate to get in. I don't think Disney is going to like have such a high amount of CM walking along the street in uniform to and from work.
    But I already see plenty of CMs in uniform crossing the street when I'm on my way to Mickey and Friends. Is this any different?

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    I'm kind of surprised at this, really. Isn't the Simba lot usually empty? Is Simba used for CM's or guests or hotel workers or what?
    Simba alone barely holds Hotel CMs and DTD OPs. Often during peak seasons/convention seasons Zazu is used as overflow for the Hotel CMs, DTD, Parks, Convention Center and even Hotel Parking/Valet.

Im not sure if a Ball/Harrbor lot would bring a sigh of relief for Park CMs. I would suspect they would still have to be shuttled in to Harbor Pointe, and the only way there is sitting in Harbor traffic. From just eyeing it, the walk seems a bit farther with a 5 overpass to traverse. Then again it is better than being shuttled in from the Honda Center/Angel Stadium. :/
    Last edited by SpoonCM; 09-06-2013 at 01:31 AM.

• Master of Disaster

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.81...num=1&t=h&z=19 heres the google map for those of you who havent searched for it yet.

• Master of Disaster

Also do you think that this is the start of the movement needed logistically speaking to start building a new parking structure on the lot off of Disney way?

• Disney Geek wannabe

Well, that sort of stinks, we just bought an RV this summer and we were looking forward to taking it to Disney this fall. Guess we will have to wait. Too Bad that Disney does not have some sort of RV or tent campgrounds.
    “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
    A.A. Milne

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMommaApril View Post
    Too Bad that Disney does not have some sort of RV or tent campgrounds.

they do......in Florida
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

• Just this guy......

I do hope that they build a LARGE parking structure on the site.

We should not look at this as the total solution but a very good first step in working toward a parking solution for the area.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Sounds like it will be just an overflow CM lot, nothing to get very excited about.

We need the PUMBAA lot and the property they purchased just north of that extending to the 5 Freeway to be built as a second guest structure, in preparation for future needs.

I agree some parking should be constructed under the 3rd Park, but I'd reserve it for the CMs and management of the park, rather than open it up to the general public, for security reasons.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Disney has been resisting the temptation to build parking structures on their surface lots while plans for the 3rd park and Disneyland expansion are solidified. It doesn't make sense to box yourself in until you absolutely have to.

At some point, they will likely build a large parking structure on the Pumbaa lot (and land they own behind it). But it would also make sense for Disney to relocate some back stage facilities from Disneyland to this new lot. Once the Pumbaa parking is built, some castmember spaces can move there and the new lot they just purchased and Ball/Harbor can be used for backstage storage and facilities.

Disney has wanted this lot for a long time. But it's not the only large space Disney is trying to get their hands on.

Expect plenty of off-site acquisitions and changes over the next 10 years leading into a massive resort expansion.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I guess its money....but I have no clue why they are waiting to build a third gate....it will only cost millions more to build it in ten years...since taxes will be up..so will minimum wage and building and marital costs too...
    we all know a third gate is coming...just buy the land and get started..its going to take 5 years to build anyway have it out 2 years after Potterland to fight back

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMommaApril View Post
    Well, that sort of stinks, we just bought an RV this summer and we were looking forward to taking it to Disney this fall. Guess we will have to wait. Too Bad that Disney does not have some sort of RV or tent campgrounds.
    Nothing to worry about. Most people who travel to OC in RV's stay at the Newport Dunes or Bolsa Chica. I'd say you'll still be fine if not better since those places are much nicer anyways!

And I think Disney fans need to keep an eye on what's going on right now between the Angels and the city of Anaheim. I would love to see just how much Disney is involved in this. Lets just say the send result could be Disney owning another property the same size as DL/DCA only a couple of miles down Katella. I mean Disney isn't involved in any of this, but if the Angels leave I am sure Disney would love to get their hands on that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast