Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Disneyland to buy and build new parking lot

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And I think Disney fans need to keep an eye on what's going on right now between the Angels and the city of Anaheim. I would love to see just how much Disney is involved in this. Lets just say the send result could be Disney owning another property the same size as DL/DCA only a couple of miles down Katella. I mean Disney isn't involved in any of this, but if the Angels leave I am sure Disney would love to get their hands on that!
    I'm sure Disney is keeping their eye on this story.

Reading about the parking lot purchase got me looking at Google Maps of the area north of Ball, east of Harbor. Especially at that huge chunk of land bounded by Ball, Olive, Vermont and East Streets. It's a bunch of low-rise industrial/commercial, a space larger than the strawberry fields.

And if you get really creative, there's another two blocks north of that, up to South and then Santa Ana Streets, which seems to have industrial/commercial on the eastern half of that property.

At one point (see my other post), Disney owned land at Olive Street, between Santa Ana and South (which has become housing now). Too bad they couldn't have held onto to that and snatched up that huge chunk around it - that would have been enough land to hold an ENTIRE DLR: I mean the ENTIRETY of DL, DCA, DTD, hotels, parking lots, backstage facilities, the whole shabang!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well they need to get some parking issues fixed but like someone said, they are hesitating to build a permanent structure in the event that their plans change and they want to shift the board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123