Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New DLR Attractions

Upon my most recent trip to Disneyland I spoke with a cast member working at Muppet*Vision 3D concerning the new Monstropolis area being built on the property. He gave me both information about upcoming attractions I was already aware of, from reading this site, as well as some I do not believe had been disscussed here. First, however I must state, although incredibly friendly and helpful, I do not know the credibility of said cast member, as he was merely assigned to handing out 3D glasses, and not likley to have any major connection to any of the following projects. Along with the door-coaster going into the Muppet Theater and Stage 17, and the sprucing up of Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, a clone of the Laugh Floor, from MK, will be built in Stage 12. The cast member also "confirmed" the refurbishments coming to both the Fantasyland dark rides, as well as Star Tours, for Disneyland's 60th, and In Tomorrowland a new Iron Man 3D show, and a live Spider Man stage show will be going in along with the Tron Lightcycles and major Star Wars overlay.

Re: New DLR Attractions

CM reliability on rumors is poor at best. I believe Laugh Floor was rumored for the EO theater though it would be a better in DCA with Monster's. Seems like alot of Monster's Inc for one section but if they are doing a full blown Monstropolis then I could see it work. Not a big fan of the show though so I'd much rather see something original versus a clone.

As for DL, we will supposedly hear something in the very near future if the rumors on another site is true. I'd bet on more Star Wars than anything. How about RR Pizza Port themed to the Mos Isley Cantina? Makes sense as it's highly likely it will be build in the Studios park in FL. While I'm not a fan of the idea (let's not start a debate again), I could see how they might be able to work in Iron Man in DL. Spiderman, no way.

As rumors go, I'll believe it when I'm riding it or watching it.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Why would they refurbish Star Tours?

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Why would they refurbish Star Tours?
    I don't think it's a refurbishment per se but potentially more destinations.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    I don't think it's a refurbishment per se but potentially more destinations.
    I haven't heard of anything like this. I must be out of the rumor mill loop!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I haven't heard of anything like this. I must be out of the rumor mill loop!
    That's ok. Judging by the reliability of internet rumors, the Imagineers probably haven’t heard of this either.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Singing Drinker

Found at least one potential source - the last MiceAge update from just before D23:

The first phase is planned to get underway this winter with the closing of Captain EO and major “placemaking” work on the existing buildings that mostly date from 1967. The 15 months of work would wrap up by early spring 2015 in time for the 60th, and leave a new Star Wars 3D movie in the old Captain EO theater, new destinations programmed into Star Tours based on the seventh Star Wars movie to be released in summer 2015, and a freshened aesthetic to the buildings surrounding Space Mountain.
    Sounds like your CM's been doing some reading online The Door Coaster and MILF (Oh how I love that acronym being actually the one for the ride, makes my inner 12 year old snicker every time) also have been talked up here.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

• The Lucky Rabbit

Again CM tips can sometimes turn out to be true, you never know who they know. However a few CM's have also said that although Tomorrowland will more Star Wars themeing. Supposedly the Tron Light Cycle Ride is still happening (ride parts are still being made) and it will not be an Ewok Speeder-Bike ride which was rumored to replace the Tron one in Tomorrowland. Also that the PeopleMove tracks and foundations will not be refurbished. Most of them will be torn out and a new structure and track will be built in their similar locations.

I honestly hope the above rumor is true. I like seeing different properties in each land. I do enjoy Star Wars, but I would not enjoy Tomorrowland as much if everything was Star Wars other then Buzz as some people have rumored.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• Seeker of Fun

I heard from my uncle's friends cousins, brothers, sister, that Disney was preparing for 7 new E ticket attractions to be opened by next spring.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

•   
    • Artistic integrity

In my early days of having an AP back in the late 80s ... I use to naively believe in what attraction CMs say is coming in the future.

One DOES learn rather quickly though ... to NEVER listen to what front-line CMs tell you. They are usually 99.99% wrong in what they say.

There's a saying ... something like "Grain of salt". You know how that phrase works.

As for the mentioned "rumors" ... SPIDERMAN?? You know right there .. that CM has been smoking something! Everything else - Tron, Star Wars, Iron Man, and more! Lets entertain ourselves with these crazy notions for just a moment - Just where were they going to go? DLR is not WDW! Space is dramatically limited! And think of the chaotic mess of these various themes - together.

It's such nonsense ....Never ever listen CMs.

Same goes for WDI employees. They don't even know themselves!

You could run into Tom Fitzgerald ... He could tell you the most reliable information .. and guess what? He's superiors could change things on him!

BOTTOM LINE ... NO ONE KNOWS!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    In my early days of having an AP back in the late 80s ... I use to naively believe in what attraction CMs say is coming in the future.

One DOES learn rather quickly though ... to NEVER listen to what front-line CMs tell you. They are usually 99.99% wrong in what they say.

There's a saying ... something like "Grain of salt". You know how that phrase works.

As for the mentioned "rumors" ... SPIDERMAN?? You know right there .. that CM has been smoking something! Everything else - Tron, Star Wars, Iron Man, and more! Lets entertain ourselves with these crazy notions for just a moment - Just where were they going to go? DLR is not WDW! Space is dramatically limited! And think of the chaotic mess of these various themes - together.

It's such nonsense ....Never ever listen CMs.

Same goes for WDI employees. They don't even know themselves!

You could run into Tom Fitzgerald ... He could tell you the most reliable information .. and guess what? He's superiors could change things on him!

BOTTOM LINE ... NO ONE KNOWS!
    Exactly

I never said I believed, or disbelieved, any of this myself; these are merely rumors I heard and wanted to share. I stated in the first post that the cast member I spoke to had practically no credibility.

• Sock Puppet

The weird things is that this site keeps reporting that Monstropolis is coming to DCA and that this will happen before new projects at DL. However, I can't find one single piece of information anywhere or by anyone who backs that information up. Even D23 which gave out little hints to what would be the next major Disney projects had absolutely nothing in the way of little hints about Monstropolis or ANY projects for DLR for that matter. I'm really starting to think any rumors about DLR are just wishful thinking and all of Disneys focus has turned to WDW with Avatar, Star Wars and Downtown Disney remake.

^ I can't keep track of which rumors have a basis in an official statement (or at least a hint), and which ones are of the "I heard from my secret contact who's always been right in the past" sort.

A stickied "Rumored Upcoming Attractions" thread (like the Project Tracker thread) would really be nice to have to keep track of these things and check their origins.

Some people just don't get it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast