Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Greetings, Program!

That's a gorgeous lookin' ship!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Awesome! when I saw it wed. it was half done, the must have worked OT for this to happen! Looks totally awesome! Go Gold!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• that's right!

oh, that's good. I thought (for some reason) that it would be solid gold and kept thinking how tacky that would look. I guess this means they'll do it in a similar way to the other "goldified" rides, in which case I'm happy with it. It looks really good.

Thanks for the pcitures.

• LoisAlene

Oh man that gives me shivers to see! Can't wait to ride it for a close up look.
    At first glance I thought something was wrong, then I realized I've been looking at WDW pix too often - Big Thunder Mountain is on the correct side of the river for once!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Prettiful!!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Santa Barbara, CA

OMG..It's "pimp my boat"...Other than the stacks (which look nice), the gold looks like cheap brown metallic paint. The sponsor for the 50th should be Sinclair or Dunn Edwards. Sorry, but me thinks it looks cheap. They could have put bright gold bezels around the twinkle lights, or used a real gold metallic flower reflector under each light. Or even gold lame trimmed bunting. That would have some design credibility. The gold paint solution is so played out already. I'm shocked they didn't spray the Pirates so they look like the girl in Goldfinger. Sorry to sound snobby, but i just don't care for the treatment.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    OMG..It's "pimp my boat"...Other than the stacks (which look nice), the gold looks like cheap brown metallic paint. The sponsor for the 50th should be Sinclair or Dunn Edwards. Sorry, but me thinks it looks cheap. They could have put bright gold bezels around the twinkle lights, or used a real gold metallic flower reflector under each light. Or even gold lame trimmed bunting. That would have some design credibility. The gold paint solution is so played out already. I'm shocked they didn't spray the Pirates so they look like the girl in Goldfinger. Sorry to sound snobby, but i just don't care for the treatment.
    Don't forget to add the spa and Pop-up Tv's as well!!
    I will say it does look Spectacular I really do like it. It needed a little extra for this event coming.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I think the reason that the paint on the railings look kind of brown-ish is because the sky was overcast and a lot of digital cameras have difficulty compensating for that. I think it will be hard to judge until someone actually can get some pictures with some of our famous California sun, which will be hiding for the next week.... Here's to hoping that DCA will slide into the ocean!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

niiiiiiiiiiiice

I can not wait to see it in person next week!

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Bingo. It is actually a lot more golden than shown.
    Having seen it in person I can absolutely refute that. It doesn't take a digital camera to see the difference between the gold leaf on the stacks and the dark/non reflective gold paint on the rest of the ship. It really looks bad.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Bingo. It is actually a lot more golden than shown.
    The reason gold leaf costs so much more than gold paint is that one is actually gold and the other isn't. Gold leaf is pure and reflects that way. I love the stacks. There are also hundreds of shades of gold in paint as well. When you put real gold leaf next to painted wood with a gold finish, one shows the other up. It may be more golden than shown as you say, but not enough for me to like it. A gold tiara with a mood ring.

I guess Liver and I are alone on this.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver
    Having seen it in person I can absolutely refute that. It doesn't take a digital camera to see the difference between the gold leaf on the stacks and the dark/non reflective gold paint on the rest of the ship. It really looks bad.
    Hey, I didn't say it wasn't gold paint. It just doesn't look as "brown" as it does in the picture.

• Hooterville, USA

I was there Wednesday and I only saw the Columbia. The park was so crowded that we didn't stay long in NOS. Sorry I missed it. Doh!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast