Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Overweight at Disneyland

My friends roughly 400 and goes on everything. He only mentions materhorn giving him trouble. Space we ride together no problem. Haunted mansion the bar will stop on ur stomach if ur really big it does not go all the way down

Thank you all so much for your replies. I'm sort of sad about Haunted Mansion. I REALLY want to do that one. But it looks like there are tons of things I can still do & have fun I am determined to not have my trip ruined.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Space Mountain, yeah. I had a friend recently who went and tried to sit in the cars. He ended up not being able to and was embarrassed by the whole incident. He had even been losing weight for a few months specifically so he could enjoy the rides. I suppose, on the bright side, he's even more determined to be able to fit in the Space Mountain cars, so he's getting very serious about his weight and health now.
    Sorry to hear about your friend. At least it wasn't Manta at Sea World San Diego where if you're too large to fit in their dainty seats they send two workers out to yell at you to get out. True story.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fcanfield View Post
    For rides with seat belts you can ask for a seat belt extender as you can in your car or airplane.
    Yup... had that happen on the Rocket Rods back in the day... CM handled it in a very professional, efficient manner...

Quote Originally Posted by mickeylover3 View Post
    Thank you all so much for your replies. I'm sort of sad about Haunted Mansion. I REALLY want to do that one. But it looks like there are tons of things I can still do & have fun I am determined to not have my trip ruined.
    I think Haunted Mansion will be ok. I've never had an issue with the lap bar. If you have any doubts you can as one of the butlers or maids. And not that you might want to go on it but the Winnie the Pooh ride is most uncomfortable. Mostly because there is only enough leg room for someone who is 4 feet tall... seriously. I usually sit in the front by myself and have to sit sideways just to keep my knees from smashing into the ride.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Minion

That's the best spirit to have! You will have a great time.

With the Haunted Mansion, you could always give it a try. Before you get into the doombuggy on the ride you go through the stretching room and the painting gallery and there aren't any seats there. You could see those and worst-case scenario, you get a ride back up in the stretching room, which most people don't get to see.

And you could also ask a CM to show you the original pet cemetery at the Haunted Mansion (which in my experience they will do, if it's not busy), which is outside.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I used to be about the same weight. Space mountain might be a problem. the lap bar is very tight squeeze. I never had a problem with any of the Fantasyland rides. If you try to ride the Matterhorn, ask for seat 4. CM's have told me it has the most room. The trick with seatbelt rides is to fully extend the belt before buckling. And on Star Tour, ask for the back row and be the first person on or off. The doors have the arm rest on them and the will close in as the door closes. But like everyone else said. Enjoy your time at the park.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMommaApril View Post
    One Piece of advice I would like to offer is, when the ride is a safety belt you snap in place, I like to stand up and pull it all the way out while I am buckling it. Then I sit down and let the slack ease back in.
    This is really a good tip for many attractions. It may a bit tricky on Grizzly River Run. The castmember loading the ride told someone in our party to just find another seat because the length of the belt varies from seat to seat. Sure enough, it did.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

This subject comes up every so often around here... and we've had other thread on the topic but I can't for the life of me find any of the others. But I did find this one, you might want to look at. Its a members who lists his experiences after going to the resort, telling which attractions he was able to enjoy and which ones he has trouble with.

Fat at Disneyland

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

One of my sons-in-law is quite overweight, probably weighing in the neighborhood of 350 lbs. When he visited DL with us 6 years ago, he rode most everything. (He was not our Son-in-law at the time.) Space was down that day, so I don't think he rode that. With the Matterhorn, he and my daughter wanted to ride together but since she is also overweight, that didn't work. Son-IL reported that it beat his back up anyway (and that was the OLD sleds).

On Splash, he and my daughter rode in front -- and I can attest to the weight being in front soaked all of us in the log. Fortunately I'd brought Ziploc bags for our phones and my little point-and-shoot -- about the only things that did NOT get wet. (They were inside my purse, which also stayed dry somehow.)

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

I think Haunted Mansion should be okay. It has a lap bar but it will stop and lock when it hits your tummy. Ride it by yourself and you should be okay. Its worth a try!

And keep that attitude about having fun. There are lots of large folks at the parks...you sure won't be the only one!

Good luck and enjoy yourself. And don't forget to ask CM;s any questions you have. You will be surprised how accommodating and nice theyare.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• The doctor is in

Bear in mind that any experiences of the Matterhorn that are prior to the new sleds that were put in last year aren't accurate anymore. The seating is different and so are the sleds.

Just putting that out there.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Master Gracey's Music Man

Haunted Mansion should be able to have you on. I'm 5'6 and weigh 250 myself. The only ride I've ever really had problems with weight and height wise is the matterhorn post refurb.
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Mansion DJ View Post
    The only ride I've ever really had problems with weight and height wise is the matterhorn post refurb.
    One a whole lot of people, overweight and not overweight, have problems with. Myself included, and I'm short, and of average weight.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Master Gracey's Music Man

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    One a whole lot of people, overweight and not overweight, have problems with. Myself included, and I'm short, and of average weight.
    I hear ya, my girlfriend has gotten plenty of bruises on Matterhorn.
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I must be extremely lucky or something. I have no problems with it? Actually no one I know personally does even a friend of mine who is 6' 2", I am curious as to what about these new sleds is so painful for people? Is it the bumpiness or the small space? I find row four pretty comfortable actually, as far as space and roughness goes it is fun. It tosses you around a little bit, but it's no Ghost Rider that's for sure.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast