Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Overweight at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by mickeylover3 View Post
    I am also going to Universal Studios... does anyone have any info about the rides there?
    We had passes to Universal Studios Hollywood. The last time I was there was about two years ago and at that time I was probably 280 and am only 5'3". I found the Mummy ride to be a very tight fit, the front row seemed a bit more roomy than the back row. When I sat in the back row they kept telling me to press down more on my lap bar which made it extremely uncomfortable, and I wouldn't do it again at that weight. Jurassic Park is fine because it's the same type of boats as Pirates and It's a Small World. The Simpson's ride was also fine, I don't even think there were any lap bars or seat belts. The tram ride (King Kong 360) is fine, just have to step up into the seating row and maneuver your body onto the seat. Transformers the ride wasn't open, so I'm not sure about that. Overall, I wouldn't even attempt the Mummy.

Out of the adult rides at Disneyland I would avoid Space Mountain and Indiana Jones. not sure about Matterhorn because we never went on the new sleds. When in doubt, try to lift up your stomach over turnstiles, lap bars, car openings, etc.

I always over think these kinds of things, yet it always ends up being a good day and very fun. Everyone is very nice at Disneyland, no one will make a big deal about it. My best strategy to share is to just walk up to the attraction and check it out; look at the seating as best you can and see if there's turnstiles or an alternate entry. Just go and have fun

Ok so quick question. I'm going in the morning and am wondering if haunted mansion lap bar is similar to buzz lightyear? I am pear shaped so my pants are always 2 to 3 sizes bigger than my top. Buzz works for me mostly because the bar comes in a little high. It's been ages since I've done haunted mansion but I really want too but I'm worried about the bar...any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Justbrie View Post
    Ok so quick question. I'm going in the morning and am wondering if haunted mansion lap bar is similar to buzz lightyear? I am pear shaped so my pants are always 2 to 3 sizes bigger than my top. Buzz works for me mostly because the bar comes in a little high. It's been ages since I've done haunted mansion but I really want too but I'm worried about the bar...any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    The bar is high, and not very restricting. You should be comfortable.

Here's an image:

Name:  doombuggies.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  10.1 KB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234