Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Disneyland of the Past

What Disneyland rides/atractions that have been removed from the park, that you have never been on, do you wish you could experience?

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Re: Disneyland of the Past

Superstar Limo. Everyone seems to have such an intense hatred for it, I've always wanted to go on it for myself and see what it was like.

You were not missing much.

• ROFLCOPTER

Ah.. The Never-Ending thread.. Rides that we all want back. Hmm... I have to say the Old Space Mountain.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Not missing much? Superstar Limo was the WORST Disney ride I've EVER experienced.

It was oh-so-bad in a delicious way. We would crack up taking people on it for the first time, as they sat with their mouths agape in awe of the sublime wretchedness. It was truly stunning how bad the ride was. I'll miss it in a perverse way.

I wish I could have experienced The Flying Saucers. Or the old (pre-Abominable Snowman) Matterhorn, or the train thru Nature's Wonderland.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I wanted to ride Adventure Thru Inner Space, Mission to Mars, Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland, & Caroussel of Progress.

• Minion FOREVER!

Well, I've been on all those mentioned so far.... :-) (I *so* miss Inner Space!)

I guess the only ones that I was curious about are the mule rides and
    the train ride in Frontierland (before BTMRR). Also the hovercraft ride (?) that they had once in TL would have been neat! Oh, and the Monsanto House of Tomorrow! I *do not* miss the old FantasyLand rides!

• Clearing my Calendar

I would have liked to go on the Skyways. We went on the one at WDW not long before they took it down. When we returned a year later and found it gone, we were surprised. But I think it'd be neat to travel through the Matterhorn on it.

Why did they take them down?
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Basking in birthday love

Honestly, everything, especially in Tomorrowland. I wish I could have done AtIS, the subs (which I must have done, but have no memory of), Carousel of Progress, America Sings, Peoplemover, Nature's Wonderland... Probably Adventures through Inner Space the most. I've seen the snippet from the 50th anniversary movie about 90 times, and I can't figure out how the first part of the ride works. It's driving me nuts.

TraceCub, they took out the Skyway because it wasn't pulling through enough people to justify the expense of keeping it running, just like Peoplemover. The ride systems for both attractions were very inefficient.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Needs the smell of summer

Anything in the old tomorrow land.

Ok, yeah Superstar Limo was the worst ride ever created. I still have the nightmares.

I went on the Skyway, and well it was fun. The Subs, the same. Motor Boat Cruise, was fairly fun at that age. I vaguely remember Mission to Mars, but I can recall i screamed and it felt crowded and warm. I also can vaguely remember Peoplemover, Circle Vision.

In a ways I miss the recent closures like Rocket Rods (despite there lack of quality, they were kinda of fun) and Country Bears..

I always wanted to see America Sings, but it closed 7 months before I was born. And Adventure thru Innerspace. I never saw Captain EO and I had 9 years to see it....

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    TraceCub, they took out the Skyway because it wasn't pulling through enough people to justify the expense of keeping it running, just like Peoplemover. The ride systems for both attractions were very inefficient.
    And here we thought it was something trivial! Like safety! Gosh, they just couldn't get those down fast enough!

Thanks for the info. I wonder why TTA is still at WDW? Isn't that what Peoplemover was? Sometimes the actions of the company just baffles me.

Back on the original topic though, someone mentioned the subs. I would have LOVED to go on the subs. My husband just brags and brags and brags...
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    they took out the Skyway because it wasn't pulling through enough people to justify the expense of keeping it running, just like Peoplemover. The ride systems for both attractions were very inefficient.
    I always thought that the Skyway was removed due to legal reason, as the system was getting older and that there was a lawsuit about a man who fell out (on his part). I always remember it being crowded.

Peoplemover I thought was just old too and they had been planning to replace it.

• Tourist

I regret never going on the Rocket Rods. We went to DL during their tenure, but they were never working on the days we visited.

• My Children's Father

Mike Fink Keel Boats. I've been on ATIS, MTRtNW, CoP, Skyway, and the subs.

Honestly, some of you people are making me feel old ...... never rode the SUBS? SHEESH!
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast